Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Pre-season games 6 years 1 month ago #143805

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230

one time only wrote: And as he quoted according to this morning's paper:

"It was only an East Perth practice match......"

And what exactly is your problem with that quote? Because last time I checked wafl scratch matches aren't exactly big fixtures, even to wafl devotees. Get off his back he seems like a fantastic bloke I reckon and when fit a damn sight better ruckman than some on here are suggesting
The following user(s) said Thank You: 58shark, Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pre-season games 6 years 1 month ago #144087

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Interesting to read a few opposition fans comments re EF not finishing top 4 would be a monumental failure considering their rigourous recruiting campaign......whilst only scratch matches, seems like a lack of goals continues to haunt EF again..... hopefully all Wiley's optimism regarding working on skills, fitness and recruiting experience will come to the for when the season begins.....so far a 25 pt loss and a 51 pt loss, isn't exactly building confidence in Wiley's optimism.....early days I know.... but similar ones to last year where EF lost all their scratchies and then the first 7-8 games of the season ..... can't have another reoccurrence of that TBH.....Subi next week, Peel first up.... hopefully Robbie has a trick or three up his sleeve for us success deprived EF fans sakes....and seemingly for his coaching success deprived sake too.

Last edit: by Freezin.

Pre-season games 6 years 1 month ago #144093

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
Freeze,
Not sure who was missing for you blokes but we had only a few out from memory so a near full strength side. Our skills were very good today and we looked sharp with our mosquito fleet. EF have a reasonably tall side and that might find you out in the pace dept. One thing that was notable was your players coming from the ground during rotations were blowing/knackered, particularly Marsh, we weren't near as fatigued.

Pre-season games 6 years 1 month ago #144098

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

Leedy wrote: Freeze,
Not sure who was missing for you blokes but we had only a few out from memory so a near full strength side. Our skills were very good today and we looked sharp with our mosquito fleet. EF have a reasonably tall side and that might find you out in the pace dept. One thing that was notable was your players coming from the ground during rotations were blowing/knackered, particularly Marsh, we weren't near as fatigued.

I don't think we were missing too many - Liam Anthony and Nick Kommer from last week. Couple of the new recruits unavailable due to injury and the old stager Jamie McNamara. Griffin appeared to play just a half today - but commented at 3/4 time that he "felt good".
Marsh played in the ressies last week after a couple of weeks off - so i hear - so should be better for todays run.
I agree - Joondalup looked pretty good but that could just be because we looked quite awful.

Pre-season games 6 years 1 month ago #144105

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Interesting to hear that EF players were looking fatigued tho Leedy, considering Wiley has said a major focus this preseason was on skills and fitness that he thought were two major factors on EF dismal year in 2017.... Subi next week who pride themselves on being super fit and then the AFL boys after that in round one.....only early days and hopefully some cobwebs being blown. ...cheers for the words tho.....you got to keep the faith....just disappointing if EF follow the same path as they did last year.....but hey good to see the development side have a good win

Pre-season games 6 years 1 month ago #144107

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Very early of course, but it appears some early recruiting may have resulted in a bit more enthusiasm for a better performance in 2018 than is realistic.
Would love nothing more than to be wrong.

Pre-season games 6 years 1 month ago #144123

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
Early days and don't expect a win in Rd 1 either. Apparently Peel smashed Subi. But if we're 3-3, I expect we'll get better as the year goes on

Pre-season games 6 years 1 month ago #144125

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
You blokes will be ok but as I said you may lack pace. The other thing is the majority of your blokes run harder going forward than going back, lots of enthusiasm going forward when we turned it over.

Pre-season games 6 years 1 month ago #144130

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

Leedy wrote: You blokes will be ok but as I said you may lack pace. The other thing is the majority of your blokes run harder going forward than going back, lots of enthusiasm going forward when we turned it over.

I thought exactly the same thing - they were not willing to run the other way or man up. Your mob did not give them any space either when they did get ball and put pressure on the ball carrier.

Pre-season games 6 years 1 month ago #144252

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last scratchie of the preseason, hopefully Wiley rewards players on performance and not on name... obviously it's going to take a few games for the newbies to gel....but be good to see if EF can compete hard both ways on the park v Subi on Fri. What is the deal with Loersch.... interrupted preseason from all reports....injury or illness?

Will be good to see if Boekhorst can provide some zip which Leedy mentioned was missing last weekend for EF. Has youngster Chris Scott had a go yet in the seniors?...how about O'Reilly?

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 863 guests and one member online

• TheFeds

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977