Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

East Fremantle league players who have played Test 6 years 3 months ago #140746

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Beasley Hutton wrote: Good topic Custy.
I think you have named most already but a couple of players who just missed the selection criteria in that they played Test Cricket but played Colts or Reserves but not League in the WAFL-

Kim Hughes (Claremont & Australia)
Jo Angel (Swan Districts & Australia)
Martin McCague (East Perth & England)
Dean Brownlee (West Perth & New Zealand)

Absolute machine you are BH, no need for anyone else to respond.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

East Fremantle league players who have played Test 6 years 3 months ago #140748

• Custodian
  • Custodian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 76

Freezin wrote: How many games did Wood and Zoehrer play for EF Custy?.....Wood was mid 70' s(wingman?) and Zoerher early 80's?....Remember Timmy taking a speccy on the wing in front of the EF members.....though could be wrong as it was over 30 years ago.....

Did anyone see Hoare play for EF?.....I see he took the wickets of Sir Frank Worrall and sir Conrad Hunte in his only test match.....and shared an 85 run stand with the legendary Richie Benaud.....not bad going in your only match of test cricket.....got replaced by Allan Davidson for the next test, who Hoare replaced initially due to an injury to Davidson.

BH...was Keith Slater are defender?.....

Did Shaun and Mitch play colts at SF?......talented family one would have to say.

Graeme Wood played 14 games (13 goals); Tim Z played 4 games (3 goals); and Des Hoare played 43 games (29 goals). Keith Slater was a ruckman

Last edit: by Custodian.

East Fremantle league players who have played Test 6 years 3 months ago #140749

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Success Hill wrote: Ron Gaunt played three tests while based in Victoria but he was originally a Western Australian. Played for Perth in the mid-to late 50s and might have played a league game.

Spot on SH Ron Gaunt played a League game for Perth in 1956 and also 3 Tests for Australia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Success Hill

East Fremantle league players who have played Test 6 years 3 months ago #140750

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Leedy wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Good topic Custy.
I think you have named most already but a couple of players who just missed the selection criteria in that they played Test Cricket but played Colts or Reserves but not League in the WAFL-

Kim Hughes (Claremont & Australia)
Jo Angel (Swan Districts & Australia)
Martin McCague (East Perth & England)
Dean Brownlee (West Perth & New Zealand)

Absolute machine you are BH, no need for anyone else to respond.

Cheers mate but would be interesting to know if there are any others like JL as his brother played League footy at Subi and I missed Mitch Marsh who played Colts at SF and State 18s for WA as a key forward.

East Fremantle league players who have played Test 6 years 3 months ago #140751

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Freezin wrote: How many games did Wood and Zoehrer play for EF Custy?.....Wood was mid 70' s(wingman?) and Zoerher early 80's?....Remember Timmy taking a speccy on the wing in front of the EF members.....though could be wrong as it was over 30 years ago.....

Did anyone see Hoare play for EF?.....I see he took the wickets of Sir Frank Worrall and sir Conrad Hunte in his only test match.....and shared an 85 run stand with the legendary Richie Benaud.....not bad going in your only match of test cricket.....got replaced by Allan Davidson for the next test, who Hoare replaced initially due to an injury to Davidson.

BH...was Keith Slater are defender?.....

Did Shaun and Mitch play colts at SF?
......talented family one would have to say.

Freeze I am surprised you didnt know the great Keith Spud Slater was a ruckman considering his herculean performance in the 1961 GF to outplay the incomparable Graham Polly Farmer in a B.O.G performance that went a long way to helping the Mighty Black & Whites to their inaugural Premiership flag.
Spud is an icon of not only SDFC & MGCC but WA sport in general considering his achievements in football, cricket plus other sports and in the sporting media.
Mitch definitely played Colts at SF & WA 18s.
I believe Rod Marsh played Colts & Reserves at SF as well in the late 60s.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

East Fremantle league players who have played Test 6 years 3 months ago #140755

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ArkRoyal wrote: I think it would be one of the greatest disappointments in KJ Hughes' life, BH, that he did not play league for for his beloved Lions. I think his father, Stan, played league football.

I think international cricket got in the way of KJH budding footy career in the 70s AR.
Stan Hughes played 40 games for your beloved Lions in the 1940s.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

East Fremantle league players who have played Test 6 years 3 months ago #140758

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217

Success Hill wrote: Ron Gaunt played three tests while based in Victoria but he was originally a Western Australian. Played for Perth in the mid-to late 50s and might have played a league game.

Ron Gaunt played one league game for Perth in 1956.
I am not certain but I think that he played his first Test match as a West Aussie during the 1957 South African tour, flown over their as a replacement I believe.

East Fremantle league players who have played Test 6 years 3 months ago #140760

• Success Hill
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154

smokey wrote:

Ron Gaunt played one league game for Perth in 1956.
I am not certain but I think that he played his first Test match as a West Aussie during the 1957 South African tour, flown over their as a replacement I believe.

I think you're correct Smokey; 1960/61 was Gaunt's first season with the Vics. I always thought that Slater was WA's second test cricketer (after Rutherford), but it's Gaunt.

East Fremantle league players who have played Test 6 years 3 months ago #140764

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
SH: good post. I did not know that either. I think if you include those born in WA, it would go:

Bromley -- played in the bodyline series
Gaunt
Rutherford
Keith
Mckenzie

Perhaps the WACA could honour them by giving them official numbers as with the test side?

BH: brillantly done as always. It is funny how the world works, as had he played 10 more games, Kimberly would have qualified under the father-son-rule.

East Fremantle league players who have played Test 6 years 3 months ago #140769

• Success Hill
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154

ArkRoyal wrote: SH: good post. I did not know that either. I think if you include those born in WA, it would go:

Bromley -- played in the bodyline series
Gaunt
Rutherford
Keith
Mckenzie

Perhaps the WACA could honour them by giving them official numbers as with the test side?

BH: brillantly done as always. It is funny how the world works, as had he played 10 more games, Kimberly would have qualified under the father-son-rule.

True about Bromley Royal, but one never knows where to put him in the big picture. Including him it would be

Bromley 1932/33
Rutherford 1956
Gaunt 1958
Spud 1959
Hoare 1960
Garth 1961

Three of the first six played league football.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 315 guests and 2 members online

• premiership hangover
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog