Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

East Freo v Perth 11 years 1 week ago #11711

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
always good to win the close ones......whatever the circumstances! I have no doubt the umps will pay back EF at some time during the year!! Geez it sounded like EF lack some height up back with Murray and McInness kicking 6 between them. Just shows how much EF miss Brown up back for some height and Young too. Not too sure how EF can over come this if Brown plays AFL and Young rests his knee.

The colts continue to win, sounded quite ugly Rock, great to see other names mentioned in your report mate.....don't like being dependent on a few. The reserves always struggle against Perths reserves for some reason.....Mack O'Brien seems like he is cursed with injuries.....where's Waight these days?....injured or moved on?

Once again a good spread of goalkickers in the league, plus local lads in Lester-Smith and Boyle leading from the front. Duffy does what Max does best, but hey I'd rather Max being getting the footy than not getting it. Dick and Duffy are always gonna be hot and cold, as will BOB when he comes back....but TBH all three deserve attention from the oppositions number 1 medium back, thus resulting in one of them and Simpson getting a lesser quality defender. Need height still, our mids will continue to get lots of the footy,our backs are generally reliable, though prone to coughing up the footy at crucial times.....Symonds and MacDougall are competing.....just need a Brown or Young in the team to give some height....will definitely need it against the likes of Cl especially. How far away is Sandi.....gotta feeling he will need a run or 5 in the WAFL!

4 points in the bag, deserved or undeserved who cares really....lots of ifs and buts for both sides....I blame it on Max for his wayward kicking on goal....and here's me thinking Stavros had ironed out all those innate Perth frailties McMahon taught the kid!! ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

East Freo v Perth 11 years 1 week ago #11868

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
What about James Saville? I thought he was recruited to play down back and free up Young. Obviously with Young being injured that's put a dent in the plan but with Brown in the AFL I thought he'd be getting a regular game or at least be in the 25.

East Freo v Perth 11 years 1 week ago #11879

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Saville is only 6 2 I think Mr AFL, plus he only captained the Coburg reserves last year, thus no different from one of EF other depth players. Young is a big loss for EF, he plays up back, up front and in the ruck. Symonds and Macdougall are doing a sterling job for EF, with no Brown up back I think Dodd is the nearest thing EF has to a tall defender.....though no where near tall enough against the likes of a Murray or McInness up back.

Saying that it doesn't help when Duffy kicks 1.5!!....anyway Reimers had a quiet one from all accounts, so things always even out.....Be interested to see if Sandi gets a run or three for EF when he comes back, I think he is a month or so away. Anyway 3/1 is what most EF folk would of taken at the start of the year, Cl and WP yet to play, plus a derby and EP....could easily go pear shaped!

East Freo v Perth 11 years 1 week ago #11917

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Freezin wrote: Saville is only 6 2 I think Mr AFL, plus he only captained the Coburg reserves last year, thus no different from one of EF other depth players. Young is a big loss for EF, he plays up back, up front and in the ruck. Symonds and Macdougall are doing a sterling job for EF, with no Brown up back I think Dodd is the nearest thing EF has to a tall defender.....though no where near tall enough against the likes of a Murray or McInness up back.

Saying that it doesn't help when Duffy kicks 1.5!!....anyway Reimers had a quiet one from all accounts, so things always even out.....Be interested to see if Sandi gets a run or three for EF when he comes back, I think he is a month or so away. Anyway 3/1 is what most EF folk would of taken at the start of the year, Cl and WP yet to play, plus a derby and EP....could easily go pear shaped!

Freeze that 1 goal Reimers kicked from a free kick was actually kicked from all the way back at Ascot Racecourse he was that far out dont forget!!

East Freo v Perth 11 years 1 week ago #11951

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BH, is that the Ascot racecourse in Perth or the one in the UK?.....

East Freo v Perth 11 years 1 week ago #11959

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Freezin wrote: Saville is only 6 2 I think Mr AFL, plus he only captained the Coburg reserves last year, thus no different from one of EF other depth players. Young is a big loss for EF, he plays up back, up front and in the ruck. Symonds and Macdougall are doing a sterling job for EF, with no Brown up back I think Dodd is the nearest thing EF has to a tall defender.....though no where near tall enough against the likes of a Murray or McInness up back.

Freeze that 1 goal Reimers kicked from a free kick was actually kicked from all the way back at Ascot Racecourse he was that far out dont forget!!

Well Beasley, he was a lot further out than he was for the goal he kicked against Swans. You remember surely? The one Jetta gifted to him from a kick in that cost you the game.

East Freo v Perth 11 years 1 week ago #11965

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Jetts felt sorry for Reimers cos he read on here that he was the best small forward in the comp, should still be on an AFL list and the Swans defenders had never seen a player of such talent.. :)

East Freo v Perth 11 years 1 week ago #11990

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Cesspit wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Well Beasley, he was a lot further out than he was for the goal he kicked against Swans. You remember surely? The one Jetta gifted to him from a kick in that cost you the game.

I do remember that unlike your good self obviously as that was actually Bevan that Jetta gifted a goal too! :oops:

East Freo v Perth 11 years 1 week ago #12021

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119
Wrong, it was Reimers. If you don't believe me go and ask some SWANS people. Maybe you were confusing number 8 with number 6.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 327 guests and 2 members online

• Lathlain lad
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric