OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 154 guests and 3 members online

  • Freezin
  • Success Hill
  • therealswansman

Newest Footy Recruits

  • HOMER SIMPSON
  • therealswansman
  • Lathlain Lurker
  • Beacon Football Club
  • Glen Ridge
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
19 Feb 2019
Memories From Yesteryear....David Snow(Subiaco, Swan Districts)

TOPIC: Loersch signs

Loersch signs 1 year 3 months ago #137875

  • TheRock
  • TheRock's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 703
  • Thank you received: 26

ArkRoyal wrote: I am jealous as Subi need a ruckman -- he is worth a go for sure.


I heard Jack Fletcher has moved over to Subi. Didn't play a game last season for us due to injury.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Loersch signs 1 year 3 months ago #137877

  • ArkRoyal
  • ArkRoyal's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3065
  • Thank you received: 771
Rock: thanks -- hopefully the blue and whites and subi will have recruitted handy players.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Loersch signs 1 year 3 months ago #137879

  • 58shark
  • 58shark's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3130
  • Thank you received: 303

strono wrote:

58shark wrote: Any AFL listed player would be handy after a year of annus horribilus, but do we need him in front of a couple of power forwards? Do we have this need covered by one of our upcoming kids?


what power fwds will he be stopping....if anything they will all train & play harder to get into league
with the lack of talls we have we are not going to knock back this kid as a fwd/ruck


Hey strono, did you actually read my post or did I word it badly? There was one or two positive articles written about him since he was picked up, so as I said, he would be handy, didn't suggest we knock him back. As for the power forwards, it was simply a question as you and some others are a lot more informed about our players than me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Loersch signs 1 year 3 months ago #137880

  • 58shark
  • 58shark's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3130
  • Thank you received: 303

Freezin wrote: 58 not sure which power forwards you are talking about mate?....any player who has been on an AFL list who weighs 100+ kg and stands at 200+ cm is definitely worth a look at atleast.....name or no name...the kid will definitely provide another target up front to work along side the likes of O'Reilly, Howson and Mirco....none of them are what you call power forwards tho....O'Reilly will miss a chunk through u/18 commitments and is still colts eligible don't forget...time will tell if Loersch can deliver, rather have him kicking goals for EF than against EF with those heigjt/weight stats.


Freeze, suggest you read my response to strono. I think the boy will be ok as I read a couple of articles about him in the past. As for the power forwards, don't hang me for asking questions mate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Loersch signs 1 year 3 months ago #137884

  • Tiger of old
  • Tiger of old's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1062
  • Thank you received: 107
South through and through, still have red and white in your veins, but not a great deal of interest in the wafl now days
We would interpret that as not south through and through and not red and white running through your veins much anymore anchor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, Dwert, Ti Em

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tiger of old.

Loersch signs 1 year 3 months ago #137891

  • Dwert
  • Dwert's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1119
  • Thank you received: 265
He will be handy for the Sharks lets hope his few years in the AFL system has given him better insight into the requirements of being a consistent professional footballer. Work ethic and dedication were always the achilles heal for the big fella.
I think he was a part of swap arrangement with the Thunder with another junior at the time and found his way to the bulldogs via that arrangement. Good luck to him

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Loersch signs 1 year 3 months ago #137902

  • Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6348
  • Thank you received: 1653

Tiger of old wrote: South through and through, still have red and white in your veins, but not a great deal of interest in the wafl now days
We would interpret that as not south through and through and not red and white running through your veins much anymore anchor

Spot on TOO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Loersch signs 1 year 3 months ago #137940

  • 58shark
  • 58shark's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3130
  • Thank you received: 303

anchorman wrote:

Tiger of old wrote: South through and through, still have red and white in your veins, but not a great deal of interest in the wafl now days
We would interpret that as not south through and through and not red and white running through your veins much anymore anchor

Too time moves on.Once upon a time barracked and played for Mines Rovers Football club in the Goldfields Football league.I still barrack for them.But when moving to Perth I was a Souths supporter.Was for many many years before my brother played for them and many years before I made the move to the big smoke.
Fremantle came along and I moved on.Still love my Blue and White Diorites, Mines Rovers FC on the Goldfields.I still love my South Fremantle FC,but have moved on.
Yep I have moved on, unlike so many here.


Are you suggesting we all should move on and gravitate towards an AFL team anchor? You may see me as old fashioned, but while I'm a rabid WCE supporter, they will NEVER take the #1 mantle over the Sharks in my life.

Looking forward to see what young Loersch and our new recruits bring to the club.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ti Em

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Loersch signs 1 year 3 months ago #137942

  • strono
  • strono's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 752
  • Thank you received: 41

58shark wrote:

strono wrote:

58shark wrote: Any AFL listed player would be handy after a year of annus horribilus, but do we need him in front of a couple of power forwards? Do we have this need covered by one of our upcoming kids?


what power fwds will he be stopping....if anything they will all train & play harder to get into league
with the lack of talls we have we are not going to knock back this kid as a fwd/ruck


Hey strono, did you actually read my post or did I word it badly? There was one or two positive articles written about him since he was picked up, so as I said, he would be handy, didn't suggest we knock him back. As for the power forwards, it was simply a question as you and some others are a lot more informed about our players than me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Loersch signs 1 year 3 months ago #137946

  • strono
  • strono's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 752
  • Thank you received: 41

anchorman wrote: As I said....


yeah 4791 times on this forum alone...LOL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ti Em

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Custodian
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags