Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Rob Wiley 6 years 10 months ago #125273

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Interesting read on the EF website Wiley's season report...apologetic for EF insipid display in the derby, 0-9 so far....thought for a moment he was talking about the SDFC with a reference to injuries for the clubs current plight....injuries are the nature of the beast...that is why each club has a list to delve into....yeah losing club A graders in LA,BOB,JMac and George havent helped...but losing others like Green,Bristow,Perry etc havent helped either...nor persisting with under performers every week havent helped either from what I have read from other EF posters as well.

All the fans want is effort and desire from their players....for the coaches to reward effort and play individuals on merit, not simply on their name or past deeds,but for the here and now....surely that derby loss must indicate to the coaching staff that some players have gone as far as they can and now is the time is to play others....what has Wiley got to lose...the finals are gone.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: 58shark, ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rob Wiley 6 years 10 months ago #125276

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
I don't like the the open letter. Right from the start, effort wasn't there. 22 v 22 is Junior footy stuff

I'm all for giving young guys opportunity but this year it's been a revolving door. Leave them in for 4 games at least. There have been far too many of them that haven't put in consistent solid games in the Reserves before they come up. Pearton and Sorrell came in off the back of about 7 possession games, yet Jake Schleicher, who has deficiencies, continually got over-looked and is now moved on.
The writing on the wall when so many decent citizens and depth players (role players) left at the start of the year. Hampson, BoB, McNamara and L.Anthony have been injury prone over the last 2-3 years. It shouldn't surprise anyone that they've broken down

Enough with the apologies- it comes off as weak to me
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by KCEF.

Rob Wiley 6 years 10 months ago #125288

• Plus1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
If you count preaseason we have won 2 games from our last 22 games. Our top line players played together in a fair few of those losses i would assume.
It sounds to me like rules for some players dont apply to others.
I heard Townsend give Chriton a good serve on 91.3, mayby if non performers like him hadnt been gifted everry game in the last 2 years when he didnt deserve it we may still have some depth. 2012 all 3 grades in the big dance now where are we.
Gone perry green solomon schleicher ellis challwell cronan hooker im sure theres more.
Its a long way back.

Rob Wiley 6 years 10 months ago #125295

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Perry, Green and Solomon would be in our best 22. James Bristow as well. Hooker always tried his guts out- though limited- but he would be handy around a young group in terms of setting standards. Crichton was woeful on Monday. Over the years we've also lost Hancock to Subiaco and Tropiano to Perth.

I just can't see this cycle ending- the club has no money, will finish last, has poor facilities and is expected to recruit to shoot back up the ladder. Good luck!

Rob Wiley 6 years 10 months ago #125331

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
It would be interesting to hear what Percy Johnson has to say about EF's woes. Anyone been listening? Is he still on radio? Pretty straight shooter old Percy.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 58shark, ArkRoyal

Rob Wiley 6 years 10 months ago #125348

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

KCEF wrote: I don't like the the open letter. Right from the start, effort wasn't there. 22 v 22 is Junior footy stuff

I'm all for giving young guys opportunity but this year it's been a revolving door. Leave them in for 4 games at least. There have been far too many of them that haven't put in consistent solid games in the Reserves before they come up. Pearton and Sorrell came in off the back of about 7 possession games, yet Jake Schleicher, who has deficiencies, continually got over-looked and is now moved on.
The writing on the wall when so many decent citizens and depth players (role players) left at the start of the year. Hampson, BoB, McNamara and L.Anthony have been injury prone over the last 2-3 years. It shouldn't surprise anyone that they've broken down

Enough with the apologies- it comes off as weak to me

Yeah it is BS - written by the board and signed off Rob Wiley.

Rob Wiley 6 years 10 months ago #125352

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
I don't know your club guys, but I read the statement twice and it seemed pretty genuine to me. Aren't you being a bit harsh, what would you expect him to say? Its never really a great atmosphere at a club that is losing every week. Believe me 2016 was same for Swans supporters........

Rob Wiley 6 years 10 months ago #125355

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I don't doubt its not genuine. I don't see the need for it. It has created an out for the players, if you ask me.
Let's see the response this weekend- game day Saturday is all that counts. I'm confident the effort will be a lot better.

Rob Wiley 6 years 10 months ago #125370

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
I suspect one or two might have rung the club with the odd complaint, forcing their heand to a degree. Having said that, I would not have issued the statement either the unacceptable nature of the performance was/is obvious to all and sundry.

What will they say next week if the same thing happens?

Rob Wiley 6 years 10 months ago #125383

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
may not happen this week but definitely will happen again this year.....with Jonno Marsh out, gonna be a tough ask curbing Cl midfielders like Bolton et al.....failure to do that will only allow Maister, Lee and Bradshaw ample opportunities to kick a bag........

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 124 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL