Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Where to from here? 6 years 11 months ago #120544

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Obviously at 0-4 EF season is definitely on the backward step....but seems to have been since that big Subi win last year. EF definitely need to do something "different" to change their current circumstances. Regulars on here who watch the team play suggest poor skills are letting the side down.....not from the newbies but from senior players....which to me is a definite red flag.....as seniors one would like to think they had more experience to do better.....obviously if these players are doing this after 60 plus games, they will continue butcher the ball regardless of how many games they play......should these guys be persisted with?

Who goes who comes in?

Does Wiley change things up with Watson and play him down back at CHB.....for some height v the Maisters, Lees, Carys Shaws of the comp?......Persist and get game time into Howson at FF....Mirco at CHF for a run of 6 - 8 games at least to see what they bring to the table.....at their age and height on paper they could be two long term potential targets KP wise...bring the likes of Schleicher, Bennett, D Anthony into EF midfield for some fresh legs.......something needs to be done....same old faces with same old results......players need to be made accountable and not just played because they are in the senior group or because they have played 60 plus games......a lot seem to be going thru the motions, with the coaching staff waiting for them to click......the season is gone and fans may still keep interested if new faces are blooded.....yeah great to see Sorrell play.....but there are plenty more as deserving guys waiting their turn......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

Where to from here? 6 years 11 months ago #120550

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Just my 2 cents worth from an opposition supporter. I thought their endeavour yesterday was excellent, they just made too many skill errors under pressure. The injection of youth in the team lifted the midfielders I thought. Symonds competed well with the Swans big men, where has he been for the last few years? You have a solid defence and an excellent midfield and obviously a lot of promising young guys pushing up from the reserves and colts. The problem is kicking enough goals as you have already identified and Wiley would do well to look at this and recruit or develop a key forward, even if it means promoting someone from colts. Watson is a good player but he needs support.

I sat in the members area yesterday and it was a great atmosphere there. I noticed lot of past EF players who still attend games, the most famous one I recognised was Jack Sheedy (how old is Jack now?). He looked pretty spritely to me. There was very little negativity that I could hear from the fans and a lot of support for the team. I hope that the EF board hold their nerve and stick with Wiley because he does have a good football brain and he will do the job in terms of developing the clubs young talent.

Who knows the Derby may be a boilover, wouldn't be the first time this would have happened!

Where to from here? 6 years 11 months ago #120580

• Grey Fin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
These guys have been tried for the past few years. Schliecher gets a lot of it, and his kicking has improved, but decision making under pressure not always good. D Anthony is clever, but is slow. WE dont need another slow midfielder. we need some pace through there with someone who can receive and break the lines. Sorrell has a future, and is a good kick, but will take time to develop. Any chance we can fond some of the youngster over 6ft? They are all tiny.

Where to from here? 6 years 11 months ago #120587

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Sounds like the ball skills of a lot of the players experienced/inexperienced alike are lacking...causing turnovers at crucial times...understand the youngsters but the older guys?

Sadly Grey Fin recent tall mids like Cripps,Jansen and Snadden are playing else where....but hey all clubs lose players to the AFL....as for speed...well pity Simpson didn't commit and stay...not too sure who else at the club had/has speed of late?...

Hopefully youngsters in Bennett and Burton get a go soon....not too sure there are any stand outs in the Colts ready to play league like a Logue or Blakely at SD....good to see EF colts playing some good footy tho

Last edit: by Freezin.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 439 guests and 7 members online

• Senior Seagull
  • Mr AFL
  • Demons Forever
  • Time For a Flag
  • Blackduck
  • Tiger Tales