Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

v SD 6 years 11 months ago #120569

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

ArkRoyal wrote: BH: that is a very good post: you should send it to the WAFC and the AFL. I noticed Subi have won a couple of games in the colts. I think they have been listening to you.

If the BCG mob had done their homework thoroughly AR they would have also come up with the same facts as I mate...but I dont think that was their charter unfortunately! :unsure:
Looking forward to seeing your Colts as they look to have a good crop coming through this year also WP look to have improved immensely which is good to see hopefully the WAFC is taking note that EVERY WAFL club is doing their darnedest to develop their kids.

BH further to your last cooment I expect that in the draft post-2018 season the first 25 draft picks will be from the "TAC Cup" format colts' programme. Anything less will be a singular failure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

v SD 6 years 11 months ago #120576

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Grassy wrote: Where is Taylor?

On a pointless tour of Ireland by any chance? :pinch:

Melbourne I believe Grassy as apparently it is more important than getting actual games into these kids :unsure: ...only 2 boys from WA in Sam Taylor (SD) & Jake Patmore (CL) made this seasons Academy.

Think the Academy side is coming over to NZ to play the NZ BlackHawks team on Anzac Day....watched them play in Wellington a few years back in the last AFL game to be played in NZ - Carl v St Kilda.....from memory I think the Academy won by 20 odd goals.

Aren't there two levels of the Academy BH?....pretty sure Tom Joyce from EF is in Level one of the academy squads along side Stack and Hill from Perth..

Last edit: by Freezin.

v SD 6 years 11 months ago #120578

• Grey Fin
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Hit the nail on the head observer. Big broom needed. Nothing changed in 2 years since the malaxos debacle. Culture starts at the top, and if none of the leaders want to buy in to it, see ya later.From board level, to coaching to senior players. Peake tried to go to South at the start of the year, south didnt want him, so EFFC takes him back.!! Peake wnated another opportunity, then let him go. Just seems a waste to play 3 games and decide, nah, not really interested. Strong club would have made the decision for him, prior to season start.

v SD 6 years 11 months ago #120584

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Sad to think Peake wanted to go to SF...as if he would of got a game their over Johnson,Garlett,Donaldson,D'olio etc...even more disappointing as Grey Fin says EF rolled over and accepted him back...I wonder who made that decision? Surely the surname of Peake didn't tug at a few heart strings....

Hasn't the coaching staff changed completely since Stavros left?...surely the only common denominator here are the board and above for the Stavros and current debacle....and a couple of the current senior guys or have they left from Stavros campaign....

v SD 6 years 11 months ago #120585

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Grassy wrote: Where is Taylor?

On a pointless tour of Ireland by any chance? :pinch:

Melbourne I believe Grassy as apparently it is more important than getting actual games into these kids :unsure: ...only 2 boys from WA in Sam Taylor (SD) & Jake Patmore (CL) made this seasons Academy.

Think the Academy side is coming over to NZ to play the NZ BlackHawks team on Anzac Day....watched them play in Wellington a few years back in the last AFL game to be played in NZ - Carl v St Kilda.....from memory I think the Academy won by 20 odd goals.

Aren't there two levels of the Academy BH?....pretty sure Tom Joyce from EF is in Level one of the academy squads along side Stack and Hill from Perth..

I suppose this is an example of adopting the "player first mentality". Of course playing a Kiwi Aussie Rules teams is far better for their development than playing potentially WAFL league matches.

The pure arrogance and dare i say it IGNORANCE of Victorians is breathtaking in the extreme.

v SD 6 years 11 months ago #120590

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
BH: yep, totally agree; I hope that when the Lions face the black and whites all three games are close on the day. Maybe 'Swaniaco' can win so that both clubs have some success.

Swan 42: I think everybody would agree with you that going to NZ is an ill-considerred jaunt; but, having said that Swan 42, it does fit in with the AFL's obssession with making 'aussie rules' an international sport. It has not occurred to them that, conceptually, that the idea is a contradiction in terms.

On the EF Front: I am still getting over the sacking of 'Stavros', let us hope that they hang on to Wiley. As other posters have stressed with aplomb, the club is undermanned, particularlly in the key positions. What he does need to do as a coach is work on their skill level at training.

v SD 6 years 11 months ago #120591

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
I'm not quite ready to let Wiley off the hook. The team has poor kicking skills- you go through our team and you can name quite a few that aren't great kicks. So why do we chip it around and try and tack our way up the field?? Eventually one of said players is going to get the ball and turn it over. A little simplistic example but you need to coach to your teams strengths and limit exposure to its weaknesses. That's Wileys job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

v SD 6 years 11 months ago #120592

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
kcef: I agree. In general, I don't think teams spend enough time on the basic skills of the game, bombarded as players are these days, with complicatted playing styles. It is indeed, Wiley's job to recognise this important fact.

I remember once, as a kid, watching a footy show on 7 it was on at 7.30 in the morning, and they usually interviewed one of the coaches or a hig profile player. Anyway, this morning they had Ken Armstrong on and some film of Subiaco's training during the week. Ken explained, that it was a simple kick and mark drill and no mistakes should be made. Well need less to say, players made quite a few errors, and, as you watched it them take place, it was obvious why Subi were last.

v SD 6 years 11 months ago #120593

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

ArkRoyal wrote: kcef: I agree. In general, I don't think teams spend enough time on the basic skills of the game, bombarded as players are these days, with complicatted playing styles. It is indeed, Wiley's job to recognise this important fact.

I remember once, as a kid, watching a footy show on 7 it was on at 7.30 in the morning, and they usually interviewed one of the coaches or a hig profile player. Anyway, this morning they had Ken Armstrong on and some film of Subiaco's training during the week. Ken explained, that it was a simple kick and mark drill and no mistakes should be made. Well need less to say, players made quite a few errors, and, as you watched it them take place, it was obvious why Subi were last.

Was that the Kellogg's Junior Supporters Club Footy Show AR?
I used to watch that religiously every Saturday morning as a kid before heading off to watch Swans play that day.
Was hosted by Simon Reeve from memory and have a feeling Tim Worner might have got his start on the show as well...haven't they both kicked on in the TV world?! :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

v SD 6 years 11 months ago #120594

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BH: that is right-- it was a good little show especially for kids. I remember one other thing about the show. One week they had the 'mont's' Baden Harper on, whom during the tipping secttion, actually selectted the winless Subiaco to defeat Old Easts. Everyone else on the panel laughed, but he remained adamant and proved to be correct. For EF supporters that was the game where Tim Zoehrer took that very big mark.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 236 guests and one member online

• Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes