Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

round 1 v Cl 7 years 1 month ago #117307

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
It's gonna be a blowout me thinks Custy....yeah Howson mate...phone went funny with that post...

read a lot about EF poor delivery into the forward line...surprised someone of Wileys nous hasn't sussed out the main offenders...obviously need LA BOB and Hampson in pretty quick....I mean next week :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

round 1 v Cl 7 years 1 month ago #117313

• Custodian
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 76
When we kicked four goals in the opening 10 minutes with direct play I mistakenly thought we had changed our game plan! But sadly we kicked sideways, backwards etc with plenty of turnovers from then on. An early call but either change the coach or change the game plan! It is going to be long season otherwise.

round 1 v Cl 7 years 1 month ago #117339

• Observer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 3
Ahh the old ball movement and delivery to forwards. Been bitching about that for 2 or 3 seasons now but not much changed. Sorry freeze if your expecting Howi to crash packs and take contested marks probably not gonna happen. Lead up forward who needs space to operate, didn't get that today. Why is Jake Schleicher overlooked with another 34 touches in the midfield. Who do they go with, no disrespect but Delaney and Mar$hal in front of him, don't get it. Thought Stokes deserved a game today also to support Symonds after his form last week. Don't get any easier next week.

round 1 v Cl 7 years 1 month ago #117348

• Plus1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
I watched the ressies and leugue today. How they chose Delaney over Stephens or Harold today defies logic both played well today.He hadnt even played a ressies game yet. Marshall before some of the others mentioned as well ???? What had he done to deserve that
I saw they named Scleicher 5th best, i must have been watching another game. No wonder these guys move on.

round 1 v Cl 7 years 1 month ago #117366

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Solomon was behind Bristow last year...whilst Tropiano was behind McGough Dalziell etc who got EF into a prelim that year....understand the frustration tho....Wiley needs to address the forward entry skill level...need Hampson and BOB for that...no doubt folk will be given 2nd chances for the Peel game before the bye....thought with Cl height Stokes should of been considered...good to see Moreno McCarrey and Mirco stick their hands up...up to Wiley et al to pick them

round 1 v Cl 7 years 1 month ago #117367

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
Mirco, Fahey, Stokes, Stephen have to come in next week. Hopefully L.Anthony back. Don't like wholesale changes- but we keep rolling out the same guys, same results will happen. Can't see us kicking a score against Peel- but hopefully not another blow out heading into bye

round 1 v Cl 7 years 1 month ago #117377

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
TBH KC, with the bye coming after the next game, I can see Wiley sticking with a lot of the same guys giving them another chance to "redeem" themselves....totally agree about some changes need to be made.....Peel are tall so one would expect a few talls like Stokes and Mirco to come in....I understand Howson won't bash and crash his way to the footy....perhaps he is better as a lead up target....allowing Watson to stay deep to take the pack mark or feed the ball off to Peake et al and have Mirco or Moreno as a 3rd tall option to keep the opposition defence honest.

Where did Marsh play?...perhaps he could be another tall option up front?...Who was on Lee?

Who are the biggest offenders in turning over the footy?....and for going every which way but direct into the forward line....definitely need the clean kicking skills of BOB and Hampson in sooner rather than later.....

round 1 v Cl 7 years 1 month ago #117390

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Could one of the sharks supporters be kind enough to tell me how Zac Langdon #21 looked? A short, stocky forward with a burst of speed. Showed glimpses of real talent last year and going on yesterdays stats Harris might be about to unlock his potential.
Also, as freezin referred to was Marsh on Lee at any time?

round 1 v Cl 7 years 1 month ago #117407

• KCEF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 111
Marsh was more Mid/Forward.

Jupp/Winton on Lee

round 1 v Cl 7 years 1 month ago #117481

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
would it be sensible to leave Marsh at CHF?...looks big enough to play that role and has some leg speed on him...especially when Hampson and LA come into the midfield from injury...and BOB too....though can see him with his knees playing as a permanent forward perhaps...

is Stokes the go for CHB?....just seems Winton and Jupp lack those vital inches against the taller forwards.....tho Maister and Lee are gonna be a handful for a load of defenses this year.......or will Marsh be pushed back there if the occasion so arises?

obviously didn't see the game....but still reckon with correct selection EF could still be more than competitive this year....just as people say Wiley needs to reward those playing good football and not those playing on past performances and the odd good 5 min here and there....touch wood the selectors use their heads this week.....

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 977 guests and one member online

• Mightymagpie88

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977