Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Final qualifying match 7 years 7 months ago #103081

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89
B J Harrold M Jupp A Stephen
HB J Schofield S Read R Lester-Smith
C J Adamini L Anthony C Regan
HF C Eardley J Perham M Boyle
FF J Green M Watson B Peake
F J Bristow G Hampson J Crichton
Int. D Anthony, T Bristow, J Cuneo, S Henson, F Perry, A Stokes, D Winton,
In M Boyle, G Hampson, J Perham, F Perry, C Regan, A Stephen, D Winton,
Out J Carter, L Krakouer, J Mcnamara, J Schleicher,

well done to connor regan who has been in sparkling form in the ressies and played a ripper against ep rd 1 last season

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Final qualifying match 7 years 7 months ago #103082

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89

Plus1 wrote: How does an x afl player who has only touched the pill 25 times total in the last 4 games keep playing?

I am sure others are wondering why as well plus1

Final qualifying match 7 years 7 months ago #103083

• westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
East Fremantle are a good chance in the match. I guess it depends which East Fremantle turns up? Hopefully the one we know that can play and not last weeks pitiful side. Been looking at some interesting figures.
East Fremantle have currently recorded 879 Ball Disposals Inside 50 in 2016, whilst their opposition on Saturday have 2 more. 211 Goals Easts have scored thus far whilst the alignment 188. East Fremantle have currently 45 more scoring shots and have applied 150 more tackles over the course of the season. They are currently averaging 15.6 Ball Disposals per Scoring shot with their opposite number on 18. Despite their recent poor form, East Fremantle's current efficiency rate a respectable 22.1% whilst the alignment is worse at 19.
Hoping East Fremantle can get the job done.

Final qualifying match 7 years 7 months ago #103244

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Over n out for the Sharks in 2016.....disappointing doesn't cut it, but hey the ladder doesn't lie.....the back end of the season was pretty insipid.....peaked v Subi in that big win and spiraled from there....

great effort by the colts to push for a finals spot, obviously kicking 1.6 in the 3rd came back to bite the boys in the end, but saying that EP played their best two colts boys in the seniors, thus deserved their win and putting faith in their squad getting the job done....well done anyway to EP colts and good luck for the finals.

The reserves are still there, few boys to drop back, be interesting to see how deep they go in the finals.....I look through EP reserves, lots of names that aren't WCE aligned and are new....not too sure why other fans are whinging about EP reserves when the team appears to be full of relatively unknowns.

Final qualifying match 7 years 7 months ago #103248

• westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Really really disappointed in East Fremantle. One has to bloody wonder what the hell is going on across there!? Thought I was seeing things when logging onto the scores page to obtain the final result. My thoughts with the Sharks are quite scathing! Do realise the ground/ weather conditions are not favourable for anything because outside conditions were rough overnight. However I thought East Fremantles position of playing for a spot in the Finals would have sparked them into action. Sadly not!

Last edit: by westaussieguy. Reason: different pairing

Final qualifying match 7 years 7 months ago #103250

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WAG be as scathing as you want mate....I reckon the back end of the season for EF has been beyond disappointing....these last two weeks more so with what has been at stake.....reckon Wiley might pull the trigger on a few of these boys.....definitely come up short again.....

once again EF searches for a key tall forward who can kick goals..and definitely a tall defender....but hey isn't every club looking for them ...whilst the alignment is what it is, the only positive thing to come out of that result is that one of the alignment teams will be knocked out next week, thus making the flag race a 3 versus 1 scenario.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Final qualifying match 7 years 7 months ago #103253

• Plus1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Mayby have a look at the recruiting.
You would have to say this years recruiting a failure. The best being peake who was already here really. He has been good.
The rest Simpson, Crichton and Watson havnt been great.
Watson the only one I would rate and I think he could improve a lot next year.

Final qualifying match 7 years 7 months ago #103256

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
I think we have taken over Perth's mantle of being the most frustrating team to follow. Showed so much early, then fizzled out. April premiers comes to mind :angry:
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Final qualifying match 7 years 7 months ago #103259

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Naagh 58 you gotta be on top to be considered an April premier mate surely?.....reckon EF peaked early May though with that big win over Subi.....just reckon some of the defeats were so soft....no fight no nothing....just struggled to kick a goal at the end....without Peake's 39 haul, the next best were Hampson on 22 and Watson on 21.......totally agree with plus1 on the recruits....all three fell short, all three had their moments though not enough TBH.....back to the recruiting drawing board me thinks!

Plusses for me were the development of the likes of Harrold, Dion Anthony, Jesse Adamini and to a lesser degree Perry and Green....though all are mid size dime a dozen types...no real height coming through from the colts, most of the gooduns from the 2016 side graduating into the seniors are similar as above in Holmes, Burton, Baskerville and Harding...with Strnadica and Zurhaar EF best hopes for some draft funds.....

Last edit: by Freezin.

Final qualifying match 7 years 7 months ago #103307

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Freezin: Did you see the comments by a journalist whom supposed that EF's poor form might have been, at least in part, down to the heavy ground at Moss Street? I must say the ground looked pretty bad, although totally understandable given all the rain we have had in Perth.

Actually I remember hearring an interview with Billy Walker about the state game against the Victorians in the late 60s in Melbourne. He was adamant that the MCG mud hinderred WA that day, as, towards, the end of the game, the WA players simplly could not lift their boots off the ground; naturally, the Victorians, more used to the conditions, went on to win a close game.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 421 guests and 3 members online

• Blackduck
  • gtrxuone
  • Roo

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog