Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Derby day 7 years 10 months ago #95629

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119

DD wrote: You blokes should be labeling this the Foundation Day Derby. I heard it called the Foundation Derby on radio the other day. I hate this political correctness bullshit. WA Day FFS :evil:

Why was it changed anyway?
Did someone on the planet complain. That's normally all it takes for the political correct dummies to change something, even though it marks our own W.A. history.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Derby day 7 years 10 months ago #95650

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Cesspit wrote:

DD wrote: You blokes should be labeling this the Foundation Day Derby. I heard it called the Foundation Derby on radio the other day. I hate this political correctness bullshit. WA Day FFS :evil:

Why was it changed anyway?
Did someone on the planet complain. That's normally all it takes for the political correct dummies to change something, even though it marks our own W.A. history.

No idea mate, I know there were rumours of it a few years ago and they were quashed by Barnett as nobody liked it, and then just as it went cold a couple of years later - he just came out and did it, apparently its more and I quote "inclusive".

Last edit: by Bazza.

Derby day 7 years 10 months ago #96049

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Well done Sharks far too good for the dogs today.

Derby day 7 years 10 months ago #96076

• Custodian
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Good crowd of just over 5000 especially given the weather.

Derby day 7 years 10 months ago #96081

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
I thought the weather would keep a few away so 5,000 was a good result.

Great solid team effort with no passengers.
Wont see too many players feature in the best with only 3 disposals but Jesse Crichton was superb on Hams who always seems to kill us.

Derby day 7 years 10 months ago #96099

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Well done Old Easts, Wiley has obviously got everyone on his page and East Fremantle would have to be flag favourites along with Peel at this very early stage, West Perth v East Fremantle in a few weeks will be a cracker and should tell who is more likely out of you two.
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Derby day 7 years 10 months ago #96114

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

TheRock wrote: I thought the weather would keep a few away so 5,000 was a good result.

Wont see too many players feature in the best with only 3 disposals but Jesse Crichton was superb on Hams who always seems to kill us.

Yes mate a real pity about the weather good turn out regardless I thought a good day we could of got another 3000 more , no junior day anymore for some reason as well now.

Anyway well done EF and a real buzz around with talk of a possible Derby GF haven't had talk of that for a real long time and makes for one of the best WAFL finals series for a long time , very weird how away teams are winning in derbies for so long now.

Derby day 7 years 10 months ago #96123

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36

Bazza wrote:

TheRock wrote: I thought the weather would keep a few away so 5,000 was a good result.

Yes mate a real pity about the weather good turn out regardless I thought a good day we could of got another 3000 more , no junior day anymore for some reason as well now.

Anyway well done EF and a real buzz around with talk of a possible Derby GF haven't had talk of that for a real long time and makes for one of the best WAFL finals series for a long time , very weird how away teams are winning in derbies for so long now.

We have you guys at Freo again this season so let the trend continue. :cheer:

Derby day 7 years 10 months ago #96125

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Bazza wrote:

don't write subi off just yet for the GF bazza as they're currently missing around 8 or 9 first 22 players who will all return in the coming weeks.

Derby day 7 years 10 months ago #96127

• Shark Tragic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
My biggest concern is Peel. Freo being a steaming pile of poop means the crabs will have so many Dockers playing finals it will be scary. Some of them will even know the Peel team song by then. They do have a song don't they?

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 863 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977