Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Liam Ryan 7 years 10 months ago #94923

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Dwert wrote:

Freezin wrote:

Dwert wrote: Cheers Freez...young fellas his size and ability do not grow on trees and I am sure fingers crossed he has a good carnival and can fulfil his AFL dream.

From memory mate was he originally a SF zoned kid that heaven forbid did not want to play for the mighty red and whites?

yep South Coogee boy....LOL.....from memory there was a bit of wheeling n dealing getting him on to EF books.....but I have no doubt it swings in roundabouts.....

I thought I recalled something to that effect. I hope the wheeling and dealing translates into the SFFC being compensated for releasing a talented young fella from our District?

I bet the Claremont boys hope the same with young Skinner too mate!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Liam Ryan 7 years 10 months ago #94927

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
you would of thought so dwert....as you say good talls don't grow on trees, I can imagine there was some robust discussion between the two clubs...LOL.....might of been around the time Kaiden Matera headed to SF from EF colts team perhaps....who knows what goes on!

Liam Ryan 7 years 10 months ago #94941

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
My mail suggests that it will be a win win situation for both clubs mate. The Red and Whites will receive some financial compensation for young Luke if he makes his AFL dream.

BH Skinner is an entirely different situation he approached Cl after walking away from AFL footy two years ago going back to his home in Nookenbah after being homesick. Skinner tried to contact Cl to come back to Perth pre season and have another crack at playing WAFL footy.
Cl did not show any interest and Skinner contacted the SFFC for an opportunity.. Skinner is mid 20s and a huge risk by the club. I think you will find also that he got drafted to the Western Bulldogs from Nightcliffe in the NTFL so was never seen as Cl zoned product. I think you will find he got drafted in his early 20s.
Strandinica played all of his junior footy with South Coogee and did not want to play with SFFC. I think the club handled his movement to the Sharks quite well. Win win for the clubs and for young Luke and his family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Custodian

Liam Ryan 7 years 10 months ago #95092

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89

Dwert wrote: My mail suggests that it will be a win win situation for both clubs mate. The Red and Whites will receive some financial compensation for young Luke if he makes his AFL dream.

BH Skinner is an entirely different situation he approached Cl after walking away from AFL footy two years ago going back to his home in Nookenbah after being homesick. Skinner tried to contact Cl to come back to Perth pre season and have another crack at playing WAFL footy.
Cl did not show any interest and Skinner contacted the SFFC for an opportunity.. Skinner is mid 20s and a huge risk by the club. I think you will find also that he got drafted to the Western Bulldogs from Nightcliffe in the NTFL so was never seen as Cl zoned product. I think you will find he got drafted in his early 20s.
Strandinica played all of his junior footy with South Coogee and did not want to play with SFFC. I think the club handled his movement to the Sharks quite well. Win win for the clubs and for young Luke and his family.

luke played his juniors for winnacott jfc - his cousins played at sth coogee
both families are long time passionate ef supporters

Liam Ryan 7 years 10 months ago #95126

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
sorry strono....I got Luke mixed up with one of his cousins....yep great to see both families are EF thru and thru.....Winnacott is one of those footy clubs where a lot of SF products seem to come from, even though it's in EF zone....is it right on the border zone wise or just a great club with in EF zone, that SF juniors like to access, for their footy development?

Liam Ryan 7 years 10 months ago #95145

• Blues Sharks
  • Thank you received: 0
Freezin.. It does not matter which Wafl club zone the junior club is a part of as it depends on where the player resides to which Wafl club they are aligned to, with the exception being if your father played a certain amount of games (not sure how many though) at another Wafl club, the player can play at that Wafl club (assuming they want them) even if they don't reside in the zone. Eg. Jordan Dorotich played for Melville JFC and lives in Melville I think and chose to go to EF as part of their zone (by residence) but he could have chosen to go to SF under the father/son rule.

Winnacott JFC is one of those clubs that seem to have a fairly even mix of kids that either reside in either the EF and SF zones unlike the majority of other JFC in the EF zone.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 674 guests and 2 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Danger

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma