Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Liam Ryan 7 years 11 months ago #94664

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280
Liam Ryan what happenned , how could you let a talent slip through the net?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Liam Ryan 7 years 11 months ago #94673

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
yeah dwert, he is a world beater after 2 games ;) ....come and have a chat about this after the kid has played 20 - 40 games....though he did kick two goals in that Subi debacle a few weeks back.... :lol:

Liam Ryan 7 years 11 months ago #94857

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
Yep I might have jumped on the bandwagon with everyone else Freez lets have a look at the end of the year.
What are your thoughts on young Luke Stradinica? Is he likely to get a gig in the big league next year?

Liam Ryan 7 years 11 months ago #94881

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I know Luke's Dad Dwert....at 199cm, mobile ruck/forward with a good pair of hands and kick on him one would expect him to be in the firing line come draft/rookie day.....but hey I bet young Darcy Cameron thought the same a few years back.....definitely a shortage of quality talls in this years draft from all reports....be interested to see if Freo plump for him...would love the WBD to take him, but I don't reckon his dad would agree with me on that one.......

comparison wise I reckon he is like Ben Brown for North....pinch hits in the ruck and plays up front as another tall target to stretch the opposition defence height wise....early days with the young kid though.....as it is with all these young talls, the AFL is a huge step up and a lot of muscle to be put on first.....only EF colt who I can see being drafted TBH....though Zurhaar is a possibility....out with an injury though at the wrong time of the year with the carnival coming up soon.

Liam Ryan 7 years 11 months ago #94886

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
Cheers Freez...young fellas his size and ability do not grow on trees and I am sure fingers crossed he has a good carnival and can fulfil his AFL dream.

From memory mate was he originally a SF zoned kid that heaven forbid did not want to play for the mighty red and whites?

Liam Ryan 7 years 11 months ago #94890

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840

Freezin wrote: yeah dwert, he is a world beater after 2 games ;) ....come and have a chat about this after the kid has played 20 - 40 games....though he did kick two goals in that Subi debacle a few weeks back.... :lol:

Agree Freeze, early days but 8 goals in the last 3 games, 2 being bad losses is a reasonable start and he's filling a big gap ,left by some quality injured forwards in Halligan and Waters.

Has very good marking and kicking skills and pace but could go harder on his defensive side.

Liam Ryan 7 years 11 months ago #94894

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dwert wrote: Cheers Freez...young fellas his size and ability do not grow on trees and I am sure fingers crossed he has a good carnival and can fulfil his AFL dream.

From memory mate was he originally a SF zoned kid that heaven forbid did not want to play for the mighty red and whites?

yep South Coogee boy....LOL.....from memory there was a bit of wheeling n dealing getting him on to EF books.....but I have no doubt it swings in roundabouts.....

Liam Ryan 7 years 11 months ago #94896

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Senior Seagull wrote:

Freezin wrote: yeah dwert, he is a world beater after 2 games ;) ....come and have a chat about this after the kid has played 20 - 40 games....though he did kick two goals in that Subi debacle a few weeks back.... :lol:

Agree Freeze, early days but 8 goals in the last 3 games, 2 being bad losses is a reasonable start and he's filling a big gap ,left by some quality injured forwards in Halligan and Waters.

Has very good marking and kicking skills and pace but could go harder on his defensive side.

Hope Ryan keeps on doing well though SS....I remember the likes of Anthony Kyanga and Richie Bourne did well first up....all slightly built with a good turn of zip....soon got worked out though and worked over no doubt....hopefully Josh Simpson can focus on footy and not fall away and lose interest......

Liam Ryan 7 years 11 months ago #94915

• Dwert
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned

Freezin wrote:

Dwert wrote: Cheers Freez...young fellas his size and ability do not grow on trees and I am sure fingers crossed he has a good carnival and can fulfil his AFL dream.

yep South Coogee boy....LOL.....from memory there was a bit of wheeling n dealing getting him on to EF books.....but I have no doubt it swings in roundabouts.....

I thought I recalled something to that effect. I hope the wheeling and dealing translates into the SFFC being compensated for releasing a talented young fella from our District?

Liam Ryan 7 years 11 months ago #94922

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
I thought we got him via a Geraldton club he was playing at??

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 750 guests and 2 members online

• Omah
  • Mightymagpie88

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL