Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

EF v Subi 11 years 1 month ago #7872

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
so tempted to write up a match report for BH and Marky Olsen....but alas I can't, because both those fella's, know I'm in the UK at present.

Anyone get to the game?....ruddiger seemed a bit peeved with what went on today, but I noticed Perham, Young, BOB and Dick weren't out there and all 4 boys are important goal kicking options for EF this year, so to get done by 3 goals aint such a big issue.....not too clued up on Subi's squad though, but up front name wise, they seemed on paper to be at nearly full strength.....

Who did all the damage in the both the reserves and colts big wins today?....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EF v Subi 11 years 1 month ago #7897

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Can't help you much with the game but I can say RIP Shark Pit. Now the burger area with chairs and tables. Beer not even sold there.

The Shark Pit was the best thing about EF Oval. :(

EF v Subi 11 years 1 month ago #7913

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
No need to worry about the Shark Pit Ben it will be firing as uaual come season proper. You should have had a full breakfast for $7...it was beautiful.

Only saw the colts today and the boys were excellent. Good all round team effort. Marsh & Cripps both dominated with Marsh kicking 5.

EF v Subi 11 years 1 month ago #7915

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hope so mate. Me and Chop felt like aliens in there having a beer.

Yeah, I usually get a breakfast there before the colts. Always good.

EF v Subi 11 years 1 month ago #7917

• po.cocko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Well three of us went there at half time during the league game for a couple of beers and a hamburger or similar and they were packing away(sent us into the main bar)
I think they could have waited until after half time to clear up, we had three beers each and no food as the bar wasnt serving food, maybe next time!

EF v Subi 11 years 1 month ago #7946

• ruddiger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
was surprised at the crowd actually! i remember going to "scratch" matches 10 or so years ago, and nobody (and i mean nobody) went. There was probably a QTR or what they get at a regular season game! I was on my lonesome with my 4 year old behind the canning hwy goals and while nobody else out there, there seemed to be a few in the stands. maybe not expecting that many as far as food etc goes?

guess it's a sign of the times, i could of watched the Roo boys on tv (the AFL team i support) or the cricket which i enjoy as well, yet i would rather go to a scratch match with my young boy to have a kick. gotta try and teach them young what team top support anyway...

And yes Freeze, i was disapointed! The forwards you mentioned, Perham, still struggle to rate him, (especially after playing with him at Melville), Dick i can't see us having his services much, and he is a so so player. One week good the next week missing. the other 2 yeah, i rate them, but still feel we need a "full forward"!! Where's the Lockyers, brownings, and rod tregenza's of the modern WAFL era...

EF v Subi 11 years 1 month ago #7952

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
ruddiger, not saying EF don't need a tall target up front, just saying EF were without 2 of their top 3 goal kickers from last year in BOB and Perham, plus another tall target in Young and a small forward in Dick......Subi kicked the last 3 goals of the game to win.....and TBH they looked to be closer to full strength up front than EF did......especially with Broughton retired now.

Perham kicked 30 odd goals last year, not a bad effort, hoping he improves on that to 40 odd.....don't reckon he will win the goal kicking award, but hopefully Perham can provide EF a target up front most weeks. Young to me will need to play in the ruck, Symonds, Chalwell and Byron-Pendergast are only young and will struggle against the better rucks in the comp.....Griffen will play more AFL this year due to Sandi being injured. Dick won't get past Lecras, now he is back, for AFL duties and don't forget Dick came off a knee in 2011, thus his up and down form....but then again that is how he is.....also Simpson should be around too.

Not saying everything will be sweet with EF, just think with the likes of Hadley, Young, Howlett, Perham, BOB and AFLers in Dick, Simpson and Brown to come back EF shouldn't be too far away this year......though it would be nice to have that Tregenza, Lockyer and Browning you speak of up front for EF in 2013.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 695 guests and 2 members online

• Country member
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL