Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

East Frem Oval re-Developement 11 years 2 months ago #6067

• Swandog
  • Swandog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
I read in todays West that 130 residents are going to stop this happening, and EF might be looking for new home at Freo oval or Melville..how can 130 residents have the final say in this? The club has been there longer than any of those residents i bet!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

East Frem Oval re-Developement 11 years 2 months ago #6069

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
you know how it is these days SD.....the minority always seem to get their way with life, whilst the majority just have to suck it up and carry on....could be a blessing in disguise tho....that rustic feel at Moss St, just aint cutting the mustard anymore these days....

East Frem Oval re-Developement 11 years 2 months ago #6079

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The local residents don't seem to understand the proposal. They claim the council wants to sell of an A-Class reserve.

But the council doesn't plan to sell off the reserve - only small portions of it which are on the outer perimetre and in a state of disrepair.

I don't really understand what the residents are banging on about. :unsure:

East Frem Oval re-Developement 11 years 2 months ago #6096

• hawkhawkins
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1

Swandog wrote: I read in todays West that 130 residents are going to stop this happening, and EF might be looking for new home at Freo oval or Melville..how can 130 residents have the final say in this? The club has been there longer than any of those residents i bet!

I would say most were there before juding by the crowd at East Freo Bowls club. The oval is an eye sore that they should be happy is being developed!

East Frem Oval re-Developement 11 years 2 months ago #6098

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

hawkhawkins wrote:

Swandog wrote: I read in todays West that 130 residents are going to stop this happening, and EF might be looking for new home at Freo oval or Melville..how can 130 residents have the final say in this? The club has been there longer than any of those residents i bet!

I would say most were there before juding by the crowd at East Freo Bowls club. The oval is an eye sore that they should be happy is being developed!

Exactly. In fact this proposal ensures the long term preservation of the A-Class Reserve.

The alternative 10 years from now will be to flatten it completely and build units.

East Frem Oval re-Developement 11 years 2 months ago #6099

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Just another Richmond Raceway process, look at how that was done and this will folow the same path
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

East Frem Oval re-Developement 11 years 2 months ago #6115

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Reckon the east perth eagles could throw us a couple of bucks to help out grump? Remember....charity begins at home :huh:
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

East Frem Oval re-Developement 11 years 2 months ago #6128

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
130 greenies with nothing better to do.

Hope the redevelopment can go ahead but if not I'd say ground sharing back at Freo is the only other viable option. The WAFL clubs are struggling. SF lost $160K last season and we have been battling for years, so it only makes sense.

Would be interesting to find out what the Melville option is though.

East Frem Oval re-Developement 11 years 2 months ago #6148

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
The footy commission has suddenly found plenty of cash to splash about the place. Surely they will chip in with some of the cost of re-development? Wouldn't they?
Just a tongue in cheek thought. :whistle:

Last edit: by westaussieguy.

East Frem Oval re-Developement 11 years 2 months ago #6163

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

TheRock wrote:
Would be interesting to find out what the Melville option is though.

I was wondering the same thing. My first thought was Tompkins Park but I reckon that would be too difficult.

Maybe it's Melville Reserve. It has the right kind of Amphitheatre shape already with some sloped banks. Would be easier to upgrade.

goo.gl/maps/H5i9I

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 359 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977