Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

positives for 2014 10 years 7 months ago #29570

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
always disappointing to miss out on finals footy.....I guess with so few AFL boys playing each week as compared to previous years, EF have fast tracked their development in local boys faster than anticipated.......the likes of Boyle, Tropiano, Hancock, Lester-Smith, Bayliss and Henson played some good consistent footy throughout the year.....plus Howlett had a break out year, whilst regulars in Mcgough, Dodd, ROB and Stephen confirmed their status as the clubs top 4 players this year......Young was injured early, but showed his versatility when fit towards the end.

Hopefully the likes of MacDougall, King, Jansen, Cooper, Schofield, Perham and Jansen can raise their consistency levels in 2014.......whilst youngsters in Jupp,Symonds, Depane and Cronan can deliver with more opportunities in 2014......colts youngsters in Green, Allirr, Solomon, Cuneo, Sutton and Bourne can push for senior selection in 2014....if not drafted......pretty sure Cripps, Jansen and Marsh will be drafted in November.......maybe Allirr and Green as rookies.

only can think Mengaloa and Duffy will be on delisting thin ground..with Woosha gone now I reckon the likes of Dalziell, Brennan, Sheppard and Kerr will stay on at WCE....thought Liam Anthony was a possible delistee, but so far he has escaped the chop at North, as has Hardingham at Essendon. Jamie Mac to perhaps come home after 2 years in the VFL?......Dick has gone back over east whilst Hadley surely must be close to retirement.....whilst talk of BOB coming back to the WAFL in 2014...

be interested to see who EF can attract locally and from over east over the summer.....few more spaces available now due to EF large AFL contingent heading else where....less reliant on them this year compared to previous years.....only missed out by 4 pts from 3 rd position.....whilst a bummer now, in the long run maybe not such a bad thing......at least a few more 2nd tier guys got more league games in them than anticipated by the coaching staff......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

positives for 2014 10 years 7 months ago #29571

• SFFC4ever
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Lets hope both WAFL Freo sides can make the 4 in ’14 freeze…
B)

positives for 2014 10 years 7 months ago #29767

• dogman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
So Brad Dick has left Freeze? Not having games from Brennan, Sheppard, Dalziell and Kerr will hurt you a lot. Not to mention, you would have had him for 12-15 games next year for sure but he is off too. Menagola and Duffy I reckon will hang on and of course, off they go. Big holes to fill as you know.

The idea of Schloithe (freo rookie) leaving SF and playing for Peel makes me vomit. I saw him last night in his dockers suit at the ground and saw him this morning in his SF gear watching the colts at 8am with his family. A real SF fella who deserves a spot on Freo's list. If he does succeed and I hope he does SF lose out in 2014. If he gets cut by freo and has his dream cut short then his local club SF benefits. Weird situation to be in, not for me although I hate it, but for him and his family. CRAZY. I imagine the EF fellas are just the same. Spose it is a little lucky we haven't has many AFL players added to our club over the past 10 yrs and the ones who have been drafted have gone interstate. Who would have though it would be better if Sokol, Main, McCarthy, Johnson, Vandeluer, Marsh, Cripps etc etc etc get drafted by Ess, Brisbane or GWS???

Sad time for the WAFL and the players caught in limbo. A Hams didn't want to play for EP next year and did something about it. He retired from the AFL.
SFFC - WOOF WOOF

positives for 2014 10 years 7 months ago #29848

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Doggie i dont think Hams retired because he didn't want to play for EP ?...........no i reckon he knew his time was up and his WCE days were done and dusted......touching to think other wise but in all honesty the kid jumped before he was pushed........or do I mean he ducked first instead? :cheer:

Will be an interesting summer with comings and goings........who would of thought at the start of 2013 WP would be premiers........a lot can happen, hopefully EF like the fans of SF,SD,P etc will lose few and gain plenty.....time will tell.

Last edit: by Freezin.

positives for 2014 10 years 7 months ago #29855

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
For mine - I'm looking forward to fronting up with a team that has no AFL interference. Let's see what we can produce....we did it before, so hopefully can do it again. However, I do feel for any of the lads that would like to keep the blue & white jumper, but are being blackmailed into playing for the Eagles reserves.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

positives for 2014 10 years 7 months ago #30093

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
See Cam Eardley has been delisted by Geelong......hard gig trying to break into Geelongs defence and midfield.....probably might get another go else where...if not one fella for EF to try and attract back to the club in 2014.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 2396 guests and one member online

• ruddiger

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric