Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

EF v Cl......the season finale for the Sharks? 10 years 7 months ago #26551

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Well here we are, last game of the season.....possibly by all three EF sides.....could be a case of so so close but no cigar for all three sides this year in regards to finals footy. Could easily miss out on 4th spot by a game, 1/2 a game or a few %......fustrating but probably deserved.....still could go the other way and sneak a finals gig in all 3......

The colts are hoping Jonathon Marsh can actually kick straight and hopefully guide EF to a win over the comp leaders.......but then again EP colts need to step up and defeat Subi......time will tell I guess.....

The reserves are falling apart at the seams with injuries.....even if they did win and WP lose, I reckon EF would bounce straight back out in the 1st semi......not to sure who's fit but from the sounds of it the likes of Riccardiello, Symonds, Depane & Tropiano(K)are all knackered any way......still you never know.

The league boys have a mountain and even if they climb the mountain it depends on WP B team doing the right thing or even Subi climbing their respective mountains too! Not too sure EF even deserve to be in the four.....that run of 6 losses from & 7 games aint the stuff of a finals side......heard Hadley is injured again...though Boyle should be back.....not to sure if Cl will do an Alistar Cook and play it conservatively and rest some of their big guns in a game that has no bearing for them.....also Cl reserves are out of the finals hunt, thus Webb may decide to play a couple of the second stringers in a relatively stress free environment for the Monts.

EF just need to put it all on the line and go and get the 4 points....out of interest and just throwing it out there.....if EF fail to make the finals does the club look at Malaxos and say where to from here Stavros?.....bit harsh I know, considering Stavros has delivered GF appearance in 2012 and 2013(NAB cup).....

for me ROB is a shoe in for the Lynn and EF best chance in the Sandover......Hooker or Chalwell for the reserves F&B.....and Jacob Green for the colts F&B and EF best chance for the WAFL f&B in the colts.....

reckon EF could say goodbye to Hadley and McGough(retirees) in the league....plus the AFL boys off to Peel/EP, but could say hello to MacNamara(VFL) Anthony, Dick and Dalziell from the AFL in 2014.....also Ali Smith and every opposition fans choice from EP in Paul Johnson.....

players to look out for in 2014.....Jacob Green, Jared Jansen, Tyler Sutton and Alirr Allir from the colts and that ex SF boy running around in the colts looks a good sort to bigger things at EF ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EF v Cl......the season finale for the Sharks? 10 years 7 months ago #26552

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
wonder why East Freo havnt put their gun colts up to league footy ?
Swans had 17 year old Blakely in the league on sat and he didnt even make the state 18's squad so you would think if these kids are that great they could improve the league team..

EF v Cl......the season finale for the Sharks? 10 years 7 months ago #26556

• Alcho
  • Thank you received: 0
All over for Hadley, done his ACL.

EF v Cl......the season finale for the Sharks? 10 years 7 months ago #26574

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: wonder why East Freo havnt put their gun colts up to league footy ?
Swans had 17 year old Blakely in the league on sat and he didnt even make the state 18's squad so you would think if these kids are that great they could improve the league team..

Perhaps SD colts season was over a few months before EF colts season was and the likes of Malaxos thought the likes of Cuneo and Allirr were behind the likes of Dodd or Howlett up back in the key positions, mids in Cripps, Jansen and Green perhaps were behind the likes of ROB, McGough and Hadley? Whilst someone like Lestersmith or Dick were kicking a wee bit straighter than what Marsh was in the colts.......who knows Mark but since no one here on the EF site said these kids were great, only you perhaps you could answer your own question. Some kids are deemed ready, some are not, I thought the likes of Paparone were last year, but got ragged for it fromthe likes of your goodself and a few others........Cameron looks like a goodun hopefully he is one of the players Ames was referring to who stand in the way of Cl winning the flag........fingers crossed Ames boast comes to fruition.........be a bit embarrassing if it doesnt

EF v Cl......the season finale for the Sharks? 10 years 7 months ago #26587

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Freezin wrote:

MarkOlsen wrote: wonder why East Freo havnt put their gun colts up to league footy ?

Perhaps SD colts season was over a few months before EF colts season was and the likes of Malaxos thought the likes of Cuneo and Allirr were behind the likes of Dodd or Howlett up back in the key positions, mids in Cripps, Jansen and Green perhaps were behind the likes of ROB, McGough and Hadley? Whilst someone like Lestersmith or Dick were kicking a wee bit straighter than what Marsh was in the colts.......who knows Mark but since no one here on the EF site said these kids were great, only you perhaps you could answer your own question. Some kids are deemed ready, some are not, I thought the likes of Paparone were last year, but got ragged for it fromthe likes of your goodself and a few others........Cameron looks like a goodun hopefully he is one of the players Ames was referring to who stand in the way of Cl winning the flag........fingers crossed Ames boast comes to fruition.........be a bit embarrassing if it doesnt

What is funny freeze is when I mentioned a few months back that the names of Garlett, Cameron & Lobb as being the Swans players certain to be drafted at years end a certain someone scoffed at Cameron & Lobb's chances!! ;)

EF v Cl......the season finale for the Sharks? 10 years 7 months ago #26615

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
no BH.....I passed comment on SwanDog saying Lobb was a potential draftee after he took Peel's Kyle Westwood to the cleaners afew weeks back....I merely said it would of been interesting seeing Lobb compete against the likes of Hannath first, before making such an assessment.....I had never heard of Lobb before then.....and yes congrats on the kid for showing me up.....though I don't think handing the likes of MacDougall/Young their shorts is high up there in footy achievements.....neither MacDougall or Young are out and out ruckmen.....MacDougall was playing Bullcreek/Leeming this time last year and Young came to EF as a key defender.....from memory played for WA a few years back in defence...

as for Garlett.....everyone knows(me included) have stated if Dayle gets his priorities right then he deserves another crack at the draft......whilst Cameron is another youngster who comes through under the radar and plays some excellent footy....good luck if he gets drafted, hopefully WCE or Freo snap him up and the kid tears SDFC a new sphincter next year playing for Peel or EP.....seeing him do that, winning free kicks/kicking goals against the SDFC will be worth the wait and weight in gold....Garlett and Lobb too!!!......reckon WCE will sniff after Garlett and Lobb definitely.....

like I said SD colts chances were cooked before the season even started....no point playing talented players such as Cameron in that 100 point plus losing environment....kudos to Harding for seeing that and promoting the kid.....perhaps he should of done it to a few other talented SD colts.....reckon their develop will be stifled some what now after spending a season chasing their tails and being whopped each week......oh well can't save everyone I guess ;)

EF v Cl......the season finale for the Sharks? 10 years 7 months ago #26627

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Swans have actually been filtering their colts thru the reserves all year, they see putting players into contention for league football as a better option than playing colts so hopefully the club has the best players available to play league finals..

EF v Cl......the season finale for the Sharks? 10 years 7 months ago #26629

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: no BH.....I passed comment on SwanDog saying Lobb was a potential draftee after he took Peel's Kyle Westwood to the cleaners afew weeks back....I merely said it would of been interesting seeing Lobb compete against the likes of Hannath first, before making such an assessment.....I had never heard of Lobb before then.....and yes congrats on the kid for showing me up.....though I don't think handing the likes of MacDougall/Young their shorts is high up there in footy achievements.....neither MacDougall or Young are out and out ruckmen.....MacDougall was playing Bullcreek/Leeming this time last year and Young came to EF as a key defender.....from memory played for WA a few years back in defence...

as for Garlett.....everyone knows(me included) have stated if Dayle gets his priorities right then he deserves another crack at the draft......whilst Cameron is another youngster who comes through under the radar and plays some excellent footy....good luck if he gets drafted, hopefully WCE or Freo snap him up and the kid tears SDFC a new sphincter next year playing for Peel or EP.....seeing him do that, winning free kicks/kicking goals against the SDFC will be worth the wait and weight in gold....Garlett and Lobb too!!!......reckon WCE will sniff after Garlett and Lobb definitely.....

like I said SD colts chances were cooked before the season even started....no point playing talented players such as Cameron in that 100 point plus losing environment....kudos to Harding for seeing that and promoting the kid.....perhaps he should of done it to a few other talented SD colts.....reckon their develop will be stifled some what now after spending a season chasing their tails and being whopped each week......oh well can't save everyone I guess ;)

Freezin our colts' team was reasonably competitive at the start of the season. When the disgusting and outrageous decision to have a host club prostitution of the WAFL competition was made a decision was made to fast track potential league players for 2014 from the colts' team. Obviously this has had a detrimental affect on the colts' team with respect to their results. However, whilst we have had some large defeats I believe that spirit shown by the colts' players in adversity will stand them and the club in good stead going forward. We shall see in the next few years whether it has been a longterm advantage for Swans.

With respect to the mooted players who are likely to be drafted it is a damning indictment on the AFL clubs that they did not have enough belief in their own clubs to draft Dayle Garlett.

As for those who subscribe to the theory that not having a reserves' club for the two WA domiciled AFL clubs we can add another 'failure' in Lachie Neale. Obviously playing for Swans has been a complete and utter failure as he apparently hasn't improved at all since he was drafted to Fremantle and started playing for Swans in the WAFL. We will add him to the list of 'failures' alongside Pearce and Walters.

EF v Cl......the season finale for the Sharks? 10 years 7 months ago #26645

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Sharks to be desperate is an understatement, Tigers already secured finals months ago and only tuning for the real thing. Would not be surprised to see EF win this one

Last edit: by astro.

EF v Cl......the season finale for the Sharks? 10 years 7 months ago #26648

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: Swans have actually been filtering their colts thru the reserves all year, they see putting players into contention for league football as a better option than playing colts so hopefully the club has the best players available to play league finals..

thing is Mark, SD aint the only club doing it.....Subi and SF have done it all year with some fantastic results......interesting to see also that these 3 clubs have had minimal distraction from AFL boys playing most weeks......I reckon EF haven't been able to put more colts thru due to the likes of regular AFL boys playing league, thus placing the 2nd tier boys back into the reserves ......thus resulting in the colts boys staying in the colts......pretty hard for a colt to get a gig with 4 - 5 AFL boys playing......

anyway with the alignment finishing this year, I have no doubts a few of EF colts will be gaining more opportunities in the higher grades......I am a big fan of pushing the colts boys thru to higher grades....

out of interest 42.....howz Newmans progress been with SD this year?....you guys bleated on a fair bit how staying at Steel blue would be a better option for the kid than going to EP......is he injured still and is he still in WCE thoughts.....perhaps Cameron and Garlett for Dick and Newman at the end of the year?

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 287 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977