Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

EF and Subi 10 years 9 months ago #21076

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
After the slump, East Fremantle have turned the corner. From the report I heard, they gave a polished display of footy in todays game against Subiaco. Lo and behold their next match is against Subiaco again????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

EF and Subi 10 years 9 months ago #21105

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Freezin wrote: wasted % booster there....but surely Subi weren't that bad....good to see Perham kick a few....also did Fraser Mac punch above his weight again?.....

Worse than bad.
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

EF and Subi 10 years 9 months ago #21110

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
Been slack of late freeze and do apologise.

Colts game see sawed but the Subi boys held firm when it counted and got the 4pts. Unfortunately we just haven't been able to replace the state boys missing and TBH they will be a welcome return. Very hard replacing a FB, CHB, 2 x midfielders and a CHF.

Ressies was a good game. Subi kicked the first 5 only to see our boys bounce back and only be a couple down at half time. Had our heads just in front at 3qtr time. With Symonds deep in the forward pocket and having the last shot on goal with scores tied, he only needing a score with less than a minute to go...he missed everything.

What can I say about the league game but we completely dominated. It is the worst performance I have seen by a Subi team since I can remember. We kicked ourselves out of the last 2 games against EP & Claremont and today we missed a very important chance to improve our % which will no doubt play an important role who plays finals. On the flip side we have a bye and Subi again and just cant see how they will turn it around after the performance they showed today.

Well done boys and all the best on Tuesday.

EF and Subi 10 years 9 months ago #21111

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Fraser punched above his weight and was excellent today freeze.

EF and Subi 10 years 9 months ago #21115

• puppy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

Freezin wrote: gee things must be grim :blush: .....no pre match input from the likes of Rock, Strono or Pup.....come on boys.....things are fustratingly low I know, with all these close losses, but where there is signs of life, surely there must be hope!

Though interestingly no Howson again....surely this must be on the say so of the FFC, the kid has averaged 4 - 5 goals these past 4 reserves game....taking marks and kicking goals....isn't that what tall forwards are meant to do.....Rob Young is a fantastic player, but has really has struggled for impact since returing from injury, why not play him up back for awhile, blood Howson, Perham is back, kicked a couple, Chalwell is still developing.....and needs game time....probably won't get it though....

EF season is on the line here, no point blooding Howson after another few losses, he won't be at EF next year, waste of time.....if the club is serious about playing finals then Howson needs a gig.....surely his presence v EP or CL up front could of resulted in a goal or 2.....

Freeze, I didn't want to put the mockers on us today, but I had a feeling we might win today, but I never would have dreamed it would be by so much. There was no real logic, but more a hunch. As we had come so close to winning in the last 2 matches it was gratifying to get some reward for effort & improvement.

Also gratifying to get another win against Subi after being their bitches for the past decade. There were a few games over that decade where we were expected to win & still lost. After not much had gone right this year, my feeling was that it was a game we might pinch.

It was a really good team effort today Rory O'Brien & McGough got their usual poultice of possessions. Young looked like he was getting back to good form & Stephen, Howlett & Dodd were as tight as a duck's arse in defence.

Macdougall seems to be doing reasonably well in the ruck. I'll admit that I was puzzled by Macdougall being played in front of Symonds, but the results seem to justify the decision.

The forwards were dangerous but were a little wasteful at times, given the huge amount of supply they were given.

It was a little disappointing to let in a few late goals as well, but all in all I could have not asked for a better day.

Importantly, by Swans rolling Perth today, we were able to claw a game closer to Perth. We need next week's results to go in our favour, otherwise we will remain 2 games outside the 4, with only 6 games remaining. I would think Perth will beat Subi from what I saw of Subi today, but the game between Swans & Claremont might be a little more in doubt.

Subiaco were surprisingly listless today & we never let them into the game at any stage.

EF and Subi 10 years 9 months ago #21181

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
In fairness to EF colts, I looked today at their outs and even though we had a lot, they still had more.

EF and Subi 10 years 9 months ago #21188

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
To add to the league game which impressed me was that we only had 1 AFL listed player in Duffy. In saying that he did his hammy in the 2nd so we didn't see much of him even though he kicked 2 classy goals in the 1st.

EF and Subi 10 years 9 months ago #21192

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89
subi were deplorable yesterday....you know things are going bad when bristow and hampson are arguing with each other....
mcgough brilliant with 11 inside 50's and rory was a ball magnet aslo....we had winners all over the ground...too many to name
good to see james depane doing well...bit inaccurate with 2.4...could of been 5.1....certainly going under the radar by most teams

interesting to see grover did not line up???? injured again???

EF and Subi 10 years 9 months ago #21206

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
to add to subi's woes the scoreboard shut down at half time....then again could of been for the better...for them anyway
anyone know what the winning raffle no. was??????lol

EF and Subi 10 years 9 months ago #22842

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
B S Jansen S Dodd A Stephen
HB J Bayliss T Howlett J Schofield
C B Peake M Mcgough S Hancock
HF M Boyle R Hadley B Dick
FF J Depane R Young R Lester-Smith
F F Macdougall R O'Brien D Kerr
Int. L Cronan, B Cooper, M Jupp, J Perham, S Read, C Symonds, A Tropiano,
In B Cooper, B Dick, M Jupp, D Kerr, C Symonds,
Out M Duffy, S Henson

I see dodd is actually out due to illness and jupp will come in

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 573 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020