Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

v the Royals 10 years 10 months ago #19193

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

DG wrote:

Clear-View wrote: What was happening at the boundary throw ins that upset Malaxos?

Obviously the knob of a reporter from the sunday times didnt know either...he probably wasnt even there.

It wasnt that craterface Hackdorn was it!! :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

v the Royals 10 years 10 months ago #19198

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89

Shark Tragic wrote: Apparently Symonds had too many hitouts (256) compared to MacDougall (128). Must be the 35 marks to 22 that MacDougall has taken. I must have missed 30 of them but I've missed two games so that's probably it.

Sorry, I'm grumpy this morning and cannot believe Howson still can't get a game when the only contested mark we can take in our forward line happens in the reserves.

got agree st...howson not in after after weeks of domination in the ressies and another 10 marks yesterday....chalwell did ok I suppose on debut though....

v the Royals 10 years 10 months ago #19211

• puppy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

strono wrote:

Shark Tragic wrote: Apparently Symonds had too many hitouts (256) compared to MacDougall (128). Must be the 35 marks to 22 that MacDougall has taken. I must have missed 30 of them but I've missed two games so that's probably it.

Sorry, I'm grumpy this morning and cannot believe Howson still can't get a game when the only contested mark we can take in our forward line happens in the reserves.

got agree st...howson not in after after weeks of domination in the ressies and another 10 marks yesterday....chalwell did ok I suppose on debut though....

This was Chalwell's second game & it was good to see him have another opportunity. I can only assume that Howson was not played because the Dockers don't think he is ready for league yet, as I cannot think of any other good reason not to play him in the league. Astonishing that the Sharks dropped their only recognized Ruckman in Symonds given the strong ruck EP have. I wasn't at the game so I would be interested to know if the Royals chipped the ball around a lot & we bombed it long inside 50. The Royals had 50 more possessions, 54 more kicks & took 108 marks to our 52, yet we had 59 to 43 inside fifties. The narrow loss is a huge setback & we must beat Claremont next week or we will probably drop another game behind the top 4. It really looked like we had a real crack & that is encouraging, given the previous 3 weeks.

Last edit: by puppy.

v the Royals 10 years 10 months ago #19213

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
Disappointing to say the least!!!

Colts were terrible even with 3 state players back in. But I suppose they were released due to average to poor form in the state games. None were much better for the run to honest. Harsh call but fair I'm afraid. Credit to the EP boys. They played great footy and their foot & hand skills were far superior to ours.

Re the Ressies. I said to someone that the 1st qtr inaccuracy would cost us...even though we didn't fire a shot after qtr time anyway. I thought Howson did well again and SURELY is a starter next week.

The league boys can only blame themselves with some bad kicking where EP were kicking them when it counted. Youngy's miss to start the game 20m out 45 degrees. Sheppard strolling into an open goal to put us 3 goals up late in the 3rd, only to see EP kick the last 2 and only be down by 3pts at 3qtr time. Youngy another after the 3 qtr siren (keep in mind Smith kicked one at the start of the final qtr from a similar spot but from deeper in the pocket)...11 point turnaround!!! Duffy running inside the 50 no pressure. Lester-Smith's left foot snap dead in front just outside the square??? Bad kicking is bad footy, but bad umpiring no-one can help. FARK me I'm not one to bag umpires on influencing a game but they need a serious flogging. The Oakley-Nicholls incident with the umpire standing right there was appalling. He man handled and then threw Schofield down and yet nothing. We had the ball deep in the forward line at the time. Not too mention many other baffling umpire decisions throughout the day. No wonder Malaxos went off his head. Like I said if our kicking was better things would have taken care of themselves.

Hate to say it but Claremont coming up and a loss will make it very, very hard for us to play finals. We're a game out plus percentage and have played an extra game. Perth in 4th spot and have SF. It could be 2 games out plus percentage and played an extra game.

On another note. Is WC & Freo happy with the state of the ground at Medibank? No rain since I'm not sure when and the inside 50's at both ends were atrocious. You could see all players all day not at all confident under foot when turning and some cases kicking.

v the Royals 10 years 10 months ago #19214

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
cheers for the write up Rock.....Howson won't play this weekend....don't forget EF are playing CL in the sticks....no AFL listed player will be risked on a country surface......then a bye the week after that......could be a long fortnight.....

sounds like the inaccuracy in front of goals was endemic within the club on Sat.....yeah totally agree pup strange Symonds gets dropped v EP rucks....whilst it seems MacDougall competed well against the odds.....why play only 1 ruck v Johnson and Lycett?.....and is Macdougall even an out and out ruck...I guess with a 3 point loss and lazy kicking for goal playing only 1 ruck wasn't the centre to EF loss.

big task this weekend....I guess with Cl playing in the bush one could say they could be slightly vulnerable so to speak.....saying that EF will have to replace up to 5 players with the listed boys being 'rested'....Dodd back? Tropiano, Symonds, Hadley and one other no doubt.....perhaps Jupp?.....surely EF will play 2 rucks v Seaby and Andrews....surely?

v the Royals 10 years 10 months ago #19222

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10

Demons Forever wrote:

Cardy wrote: Yep CLA in Kununurra or something like that.
The CFC will be out of their comfort zone there.. No chardonnay just Coolibah wine casks.. Look for a big showing by the EFFC B)

Heard they were staying here

www.kununurracountryclub.com.au/

Gee cardy haven't you stayed there before.

Great place.
:P :P :P :P :P

Nah mate have a caravan so thats the go if you can get a spot.. Bloody hard in the Dry season. I actually had a look at the Resorts website and it looks bloody good. Prices arent over the top. Like the look of the Bar and Grill.
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

v the Royals 10 years 10 months ago #19322

• hicksy
  • Thank you received: 0
When doesn't Malaxos go off his head ???

v the Royals 10 years 10 months ago #19341

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
So does anyone actually know what happened at the throw ins that made stavros so upset?
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

v the Royals 10 years 10 months ago #19343

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Beasley Hutton wrote:

DG wrote:

Clear-View wrote: What was happening at the boundary throw ins that upset Malaxos?

Obviously the knob of a reporter from the sunday times didnt know either...he probably wasnt even there.

It wasnt that craterface Hackdorn was it!! :whistle:

:lol: no it was that smoker malborough or whatever the tools name is.
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

v the Royals 10 years 9 months ago #19440

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89

hicksy wrote: When doesn't Malaxos go off his head ???

don't mind his style....shows how passionate he really is!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 638 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977