Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

v the Royals 10 years 10 months ago #18619

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
well here's another difficult one for EF.......not too sure EF are in the right place to do one over the boys in black & blue......surely some tactical changes will be made by the coaching team.....some height up front and some height up back to expose EP lack of height up back(though Schofield will play again no doubt for EP) and their plethora of height up front!

Howson to FF......Young to FB on Smith/Johnson, Doddy hopefully back to Smith or Johnson.....Howlett to CHF if Young goes back perhaps?....I know Tommy has been our mainstay up back of late, but if Young, Dodd and Jupp are in defence then surely that frees up Howlett to use his marking prowess else where.....like EF forward line....perhaps give Chalwell a go solely as a roaming CHF perhaps.....

can't see Dalziell playing, he's been fantastic for EF these last two games, deserves a WCE gig.....Sutcliffe perhaps.....Duffy and Simpson certainly need to lift their ratings.....wonder if Hancock will go to Lee.....did well against Hutchings last weekend from all reports......Henson, Boyle, Tropiano and Lester-Smith all need to lift.....I really do think Hooker deserves a go if one of those first three gets dropped.....the kid has been doing well in the reserves of late from all reports. Big test for Symonds and Macdougall, hopefully they can provide a contest and at least make Lycett and Johnson earn their match fee.

Brown will be sorely missed though, he's the big frame EF has relied upon to curb the likes of smith et al up front for EP. Strange having Jamie Cripps play against EF, but thems the times I guess......hopefully the likes of ROB and McGough can continue the grand service they have done all year!

Reserves are winning, 2nd on the table, not too sure what to make of their win last Sunday.....7 goals in the first, none till half way of the 3rd, then piled them on again in the last stanza....kicked very straight which is important. Good to see Cordell Smith kicking a few, liked his footy when he played colts a few years back......

do the u/18 state boys come back with the bye this week in the champs?.....probably not with two games within 5 days after the break.....good to have Solomon back though.....any chance Barone will be back Rock?.....also Jack Cripps....or has he got GG footy commitments?....great to see Green keep on keeping on.....will go close to winning the colts F&B I reckon....regular 30 plus possession getter each week.

wonder if Pav and Sandi will make the trip to Kununnara to play CL? :lol: .....I hear the footy surface there is conducive to players returning from long term injuries!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

v the Royals 10 years 10 months ago #18717

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89
every week seems to be a big game for most clubs with the comp so even....gee ep & clar away the next two weeks...scary!!!!!!!!!!

v the Royals 10 years 9 months ago #18829

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Sheppard and Brennan listed as outs for WCE.....surely WCE won't allow them to play for EF against their own boys....not listed as yet.....noticed Howson is the only fella on the bench listed in both league and reserves lists..which means he will be playing seconds no doubt!

...surely the kid is a more natural forward than MacDougall?.....especially if Young is gonna ruck.....surprised Jupp not straight back either especially with EP talls up forward.....be interested to see who does and doesn't get a gig......especially with EF playing up north next weekend v CL....where no AFL listed boys will probably be allowed to play due to being a country ground.....

fancy our chances v EP....but would really like to see Howson in....maybe even Perham if Howson not in....can't see Macdougall kicking one let alone 5 goals at FF....doesn't seem like a natural forward.....but hey if he kicks 5 than more fool me than....

if Brennan and Sheppard come in, than perhaps Tropiano, Boyle or Schofield go out?...

v the Royals 10 years 9 months ago #18831

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Freeze you do have a power forward at EF that is waiting to be unleashed at League level (and im not talking about Tyler ;) ) ..unfortunately for you blokes tho he is still unavailable for a couple more weeks!!

v the Royals 10 years 9 months ago #18834

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Pav and Sandi would obviously need a run in the ressies first BH.....actually could see them both biding their time in the ressies first, before 'earning' a league game at EF! :blink:

v the Royals 10 years 9 months ago #18837

• Clear-View
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Surely the comment about WCE not allowing Sheppard and Brennan to play against EP is in jest. WCE aren't concerned about EP winning or losing. They would want whatever is best for their listed players.

v the Royals 10 years 9 months ago #18838

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Freezin wrote: Pav and Sandi would obviously need a run in the ressies first BH.....actually could see them both biding their time in the ressies first, before 'earning' a league game at EF! :blink:

Pav will be relegated to the Forward Pocket in the EF Ressies with Chalwell & Howson having first rights to the key forward posts!! ;)
...I actually wasnt talking about any of those 4 blokes either in regards your power forward that is unavailable atm!
It will just be up to Stavros to have the knackers to showcase him up against the big boys!!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

v the Royals 10 years 9 months ago #18843

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BH the suspense is killing me.....surely you don't mean that ex Colingwood fella?

v the Royals 10 years 9 months ago #18846

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Freezin wrote: BH the suspense is killing me.....surely you don't mean that ex Colingwood fella?

J.Marsh!

v the Royals 10 years 9 months ago #18848

• Shark Tragic
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
"fancy our chances v EP....but would really like to see Howson in....maybe even Perham if Howson not in....can't see Macdougall kicking one let alone 5 goals at FF....doesn't seem like a natural forward.....but hey if he kicks 5 than more fool me than...."

Freeze, if McDougall scores five goals in the league I will wear a tutu to our next home game. It won't happen. Kurt Tropiano deserves a go before McDougall.

I want Chalwell to succeed but I'm not sold on him yet. Hope he does well though. Prefer Howson as he is starting to be a solid performer in the ressies.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 497 guests and one member online

• ruddiger

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977