Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Is East Fremantle's season over? 10 years 9 months ago #18337

• Custodian
  • Custodian's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 76
Unable to win regularly at home and with only five wins so far this season the next two games against East Perth and Claremont could define whether we play finals this year! Although from the way we are playing at the moment it would appear unlikely that we will be there come September!!!???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Custodian.

Is East Fremantle's season over? 10 years 9 months ago #18341

• puppy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
To be brutally honest I think the answer is yes. I think the Sharks need to review the team's performance to date & consider carefully if there are players in the reserves that deserve an opportunity more than some currently in the league side. I would like to see Howson 195cm & Chalwell 193cm given 3 games each to see what they can offer, starting with our next game.

Is East Fremantle's season over? 10 years 9 months ago #18354

• joan trieste
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
no. plenty of games left and a big foxtel cup semi. will not make the four though.

Is East Fremantle's season over? 10 years 9 months ago #18356

• Chopper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Only half way and I think their best footy is ahead of them. They are a better team than what they're playing at the moment. I wish them well just not against the mighty Lions !!!

Is East Fremantle's season over? 10 years 9 months ago #18361

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
FMD......can't believe all this chit chat about whether EF season is over or not.....come on Custy et al I know you are throwing the conversation out there, but geez!......

still plenty of games to go and it's not as though EF is 4 games out of the four.....perhaps they will be after the EP & Cl games tho LOL!!....

totally agree with Pup tho.....Malaxos has persisted with this small forward line, worked last year because EF had the likes of a few more AFL boys running around than this year.....Griff in the ruck, Brown up back, Stevens in the middle etc. Not the case this year, been unlucky with Young getting injured so early and for so long....time for Stavros to think outside the box now.....

Would like to see Young go back into defence v Smith next week, Dodd and Jupp will be back, Howlett, Bayliss and Stephen are busting a gut keeping EF in the game in defence.....time to give Howson a go at FF.....stick Chalwell at CHF....yeah they are young and they aren't gonna be a Smith or a Geappen, but at least they are tall and mobile.....provide a target, provide a contest and then let the smaller forwards in like Simpson, Duffy, Lester-Smith et al.......make the opposition think for a change!

Still good to see the club promoting players though.....good to see the likes of Jupp, Read, Hancock, Curley, Cronan, Simpson, Macdougall, Chalwell, Depane etc get debuts this year......2nd tier guys in Boyle, Tropiano, Jansen, Symonds, Cooper, Schofield and Henson need to keep developing.......would really like to see Hooker given a go soon, he's stuck his hand up nearly every week in the seconds, time to have a look at him.

If EF season is really over like some folk say.....then blood guys like Marsh, Cripps, Jansen(J), Alirr etc then.....but a lot can still happen, EF home form this year have been deplorable.....all they need to do is win some games to keep in touch, SD have been up and down....Subi need Sinclair, Perth are getting a few injuries now, to go with their losses, EP rely heavily on Smith, Lycett and Johnson to give them that tall edge.......WP are good but hey no world beaters, whilst CL keep on winning, but one can never tell what happens in August/Sept....

still lots to play for, always frustrating to lose, but to question whether your sides season is over already?.....geez bit soon to make a call on that one don't you think?

Is East Fremantle's season over? 10 years 9 months ago #18714

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89
remember a lot of our games we have lost by small margins....need to start winning those games in the second half of the season now or we will struggle to make it
though with the up and results of many games...who knows how many wins will get you into the finals this year?????

howson has got to come in...outstanding form in the ressies
is see cooyoo was bog last week
I agree with freeze...put youngy back on smith this week and bring in howson to ff
also duffy is out of sorts and imo he is playing too far up the ground....he is an exciting fwd and needs to stay inside our fwd 50 and not leave it!he gets lost anywhere else.

Is East Fremantle's season over? 10 years 9 months ago #18719

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Duffy is and out and out opportunist.....similar in mould to Kenny Judge, Jeff Cassidy and Neil Lester-Smith.....none of those guys could cut it in the midfield due to their inability to curb their attacking instincts.....Lyon is wasting his time trying to turn Duffy into something he is not.....the guy is nightmare when it comes to consistency.....but hey that's why he is in the team.....turn the game on it's head in 5 - 15 minutes of X factor action......did it many a time last year within a 50 m radius of the big sticks!

Is East Fremantle's season over? 10 years 9 months ago #18809

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Stiff upper lip boys, when it's mathematically impossible to get into the 4, then I'll submit. Till then, give me a good reason why we can't turn the season around and be the team we were last year????
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Is East Fremantle's season over? 10 years 9 months ago #18965

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89
tomorrow will be real test of character

Is East Fremantle's season over? 10 years 9 months ago #18974

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
I hear what you sayin freeze about Lyon trying to turn Duffy into something he's not, it's like playing silvagni up forward, crazy stuff from a usually brilliant coach

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 426 guests and 4 members online

• Success Hill
  • Danger
  • SD351
  • Mossstreetshark83

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma