Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Round EP versus the Peel Chunder Dockers 10 years 9 months ago #17552

• puppy
  • puppy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8
Unfortunately I missed the game due to work but I did hear the last 5 minutes of the third quarter & all of the final quarter on the radio on the way home. The commentators on 91.3 were suggesting that peel had played the better football to three quarter time but it was pleasing all the same that we finished strongly to put them away.

I saw from the stats that Dalziel, O'Brien & McGough got plenty of the ball. Good to see Lester-Smith continue his consistent season with 3 goals & Young also chip in with 3 goals.

Were Peel very good & we were better or were we average & they were worse? Did our performance indicate that we are taking steps towards being final contenders?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Round EP versus the Peel Chunder Dockers 10 years 9 months ago #17571

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
2 out of 3 isn't too bad considering last weeks result.

Colts boys had 11 out of their starting 23 which will always be tough. An unacceptable 5 inside 50's in the first half for a 1.2 result was deplorable. To the boys credit they came back strongly to kick 6 goals to nil in the last to go down by 7 pts. A 4 qtr effort is needed this week lads!

Ressies notched up another win and good to see Howson do well again up front. Didn't notice at the time but Lachie Neale played for Peel and he racked up an amazing 43 touches.

Good to see the league boys bounce back after the debacle last week. Thought Peakey did well after spending a week in the magoos. The usual contributors in the middle with Dalziell brilliant when we needed him. Doddy will be back against WP which is a bonus. Will be a good opportunity to snatch a win while WP nurse a few injuries...I hope. ;)

Round EP versus the Peel Chunder Dockers 10 years 9 months ago #17576

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Hey Rock I dont think you will turn it around against us. We will have Kuenen back, Manning is comming back but not sure if Ressies first? and it is a good bet Hutchy will be playing for us.
Not Sure on Barthlomew as he went off early last week and didnt return. He is a key player.
Sala has gone with his Hammy again but he didnt play in last game v You anyway.
We do have a bit of depth and our Ressies have won the last 3 games against the top sides..

Looking forward to the team selections this week as I suppose you are. Looking forward to the game as well in the Shark pit.
Will Dick kick 8 goals again for you.. That kept you in the last game and cant see it happening again. B)

Great round of WAFL this week all round and all the games could go either way.. Here are the FootFacts computer tips..All except the CLA game could go either way..My Tips CLA,Subi,Perth,WP :dry:
Round 13, 2013 Predictions Powered by 'Footy Works'

Claremont v Peel Thunder 2:10pm Saturday 15th June 2013 @ Claremont Oval

WAFL FootyFacts Prediction: Claremont by 37 points

Subiaco v Swan Districts 2:10pm Saturday 15th June 2013 @ Leederville Oval

WAFL FootyFacts Prediction: Subiaco by 6 points

Perth v East Perth Sunday 16th June 2013 @ Lathlain Park

WAFL FootyFacts Prediction: Perth by 7 points

East Fremantle v West Perth Sunday 16th June 2013 @ East Fremantle Oval

WAFL FootyFacts Prediction: East Fremantle by 8 points
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Last edit: by Cardy.

Round EP versus the Peel Chunder Dockers 10 years 9 months ago #17584

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148
Geez, this round will be a ripper, massive games with results that will shape the back half of the season.

Round EP versus the Peel Chunder Dockers 10 years 9 months ago #17620

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
considering Dick is out for 4 weeks with a hammy cardy, I see your point that the chances of Dick repeating his 8 goals v WP are slim :huh: .........Robbie Young is back, two games under his belt so far.....hopefully warming up for some big performances....I reckon Howson may sneak a game, thus two fella's over 6 ft 4 inch in the forward line is a far different approach to when the teams met last......I wonder if Pav needs a run during the bye for Freo, to warm up that dodgy achilles of his?.....that would be a giggle eh?

The only positive out of the Peel game was that make or break last quarter TBH....Peel kicking with the breeze, to the scoring end, trailing by 5 pts heading into the last stanza....EF finally stood up at both ends at the same time....kicking 5 and keeping Peel goalless......could that be a defining moment in EF 2013 fortunes?.....who knows.....any way another game another chance for 4 points.

Hutchings and Dalziell cancel themselves out TBH....saying that Dalziell didn't play last time and Hutchings did.....nor did Simpson from memory...I see Kerr is out for WP....he kicked 3 last time and picked up 29 possessions....so it looks like both sides may have some big ins/outs compared to when they last met.....will Crisp kick 4 again?.....mmmmmmm not sure TBH.......I reckon if Johnson can kick goals at league level, then surely Malaxos needs to blood Howson against WP not so tall defence.....no better time really......

you are right there leedy, lots to play for.....WP could suck up a loss more than EF could, especially with EP, Subi and SD all in striking distance.....good to see WP reserves win there last 3 too.....should be a good contest......EF colts are doing what they did last year, unbeaten then come the state games, lose lose lose......saying that having 7 guys out aint particularly conducive to winning games....no matter how affluent and rigged EF junior zones maybe.

out of interest isn't easier to kick goals when the game is already done and dusted?....sounds like Cl took their foot of the pedal a bit allowing WP a few junk time goals to tidy up the scoreboard in the last.....wouldn't mind that happening again this Sunday in the last for WP...... ;)

Last edit: by Freezin.

Round EP versus the Peel Chunder Dockers 10 years 9 months ago #17626

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hmmm the teams list will be interesting and maybe a bit different to last time.. I saw Youngie at the EF V SF game and he was very sluggish but could be better for the 2 runs.
Heard Slick will be going on holidays and not avail but not sure when that is.. He was playing some good footy. Saylor is going to be out as working on the Mines but he was dropped back to Ressies last week anyway and didnt do much..
Razor could be out as leg injury first qtr and took no further part in the Game so? Hutchy who knows depends on Wooshers mood but they have a bye and a couple comming back so he should be in for sure..
Crispy wont kick 4 again as he will have an opponent on him who will most probably watch him.
I would say Fowler will come up from Ressies as Tsalikis is off on Holidays and he might be weaned in.. Has kicked a bag in the Ressies and looking the goods Chooky.
Chris Keunen will be back for our Ruck and hopefully Frank Stockley will be there to assist him but depends on the Match plan I suppose?
Our small/medium men are really hot in Gaudagnin/Stryk/Van Berlo/Black.. Nelson and Johnson are showing good signs..

All hypothetical really until the Thurs night lists come out and as you know that is not set in concrete as they always have a couple of extra Ins on the list..

Fark cant wait. Should be match of the day

Round EP versus the Peel Chunder Dockers 10 years 9 months ago #17897

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Good news for EF, Saylor (indefinite), Bartholomew (4 weeks), Tsalikis (2 weeks), Salicic (TBA), Kerr (1-2 weeks) all out

But dont worry we have some talent to come up..Manning will be back in as well.

Round EP versus the Peel Chunder Dockers 10 years 9 months ago #17926

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
good news for WP......Pav and Sandi still out of action......though I reckon Keunen would of taken sandi to the cleaners anyway.....migraine and all!! Not too sure if EF can handle all that talent brimming down in WP reserves side.....a side that is sitting where on the ressies table?.....

Round EP versus the Peel Chunder Dockers 10 years 9 months ago #17957

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Freezin wrote: good news for WP......Pav and Sandi still out of action......though I reckon Keunen would of taken sandi to the cleaners anyway.....migraine and all!! Not too sure if EF can handle all that talent brimming down in WP reserves side.....a side that is sitting where on the ressies table?.....

You obviously dont follow the Ressies results Freezin.
WP Reserves have won their last 3 games which includes the two top sides and Cla
But as I said they will most probably lose 2/3 key players this week due to League outs. So EF in with a chance :blush:

Round EP versus the Peel Chunder Dockers 10 years 9 months ago #18040

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
yeah I heard EP, Perth and Cl played under strength reserves sides v WP recently, supposedly a few key players were unavailable......kudos for WP reserves boys taking advantage.....
....very much like what WP league boys did v Cl last week in the last quarter, when Cl took their foot off the gas and let WP kick a few junk time goals to fatten their total at the end of the game..... ;) kept theWP fans hopeful I guess at the end... :P

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 357 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes