Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hall of famers 10 years 9 months ago #17072

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Second try at this post - did I get kicked off by admin?

Hall of fame - I'm not into this type of Victorian wankfest, but congrats to Peakie - well done to be recognized considering you didn't play a huge amount of games in the VFL.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hall of famers 10 years 9 months ago #17075

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Yeh just saw it on WA FOOTY.. Great to see him get it and well deserved

Congrats to East Freo Champion Brian Peake who has been entered into the AFL Hall of Fame in Canberra tonight -the rumour that he arrived by Chopper at the event are not true lol

This message represents the official view of the voices in my head
Attachments:

Last edit: by Cardy.

Hall of famers 10 years 9 months ago #17080

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Cardy wrote: Yeh just saw it on WA FOOTY.. Great to see him get it and well deserved

Congrats to East Freo Champion Brian Peake who has been entered into the AFL Hall of Fame in Canberra tonight -the rumour that he arrived by Chopper at the event are not true lol

Old Easts should go back to those jumpers & socks they wore in the late 70's & early 80's modelled by Bomber Peake in that pic!

Hall of famers 10 years 9 months ago #17081

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

58shark wrote: Second try at this post - did I get kicked off by admin?

Hall of fame - I'm not into this type of Victorian wankfest, but congrats to Peakie - well done to be recognized considering you didn't play a huge amount of games in the VFL.

Just or you shark58, the comment below.

CRICKET hero and father-of-four Adam Gilchrist says West Australians need to drop the us-versus-them mentality with the rest of the nation.

Hall of famers 10 years 9 months ago #17142

• Thank you received: 1
Worked with Brian for 3 years, very happy to hear he was inducted. Kicking myself that I didn't ask him 20 questions a day about football. :lol:

Hall of famers 10 years 9 months ago #17147

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

UNKA2 wrote:

58shark wrote: Second try at this post - did I get kicked off by admin?

Just or you shark58, the comment below.

CRICKET hero and father-of-four Adam Gilchrist says West Australians need to drop the us-versus-them mentality with the rest of the nation.

The only problem with that quote UNKA2 is that you failed to note he then went on to say how much he admired Colin Barnett who has made it an artform to politicise the 'US versus THEM' mentality.

If you are suggesting that there should not be any criticism along the lines that it is really a VFL/AFL Hall of Fame, particularly with respect to the Legends, then can you please explain why there is only one player who is a legend who did not play in the VFL/AFL? Surely, in the 100+ years of WAFL and SANFL competitions more than one player would warrant should an accolade?

As I mentioned on another topic as an example would Billy Walker's record of 305 games, 21 State games, 4 Sandover Medals, Simpson medal, 5 fairest and best, 457 goals and 61 goals in his debut season warrant legend status?

Last edit: by swan42.

Hall of famers 10 years 9 months ago #17157

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
I'll pass on your best wishes to Bomber than Anchor and 42 for his induction.....everyone knows Walker and Michael were legends of the game.....take your beetching else where if you can't be bothered to say congrats to Bomber for his achievements.......

I don't think Billy or TI would be bothered one bit with this over sight, both fella's know what they achieved in the game......and how well respected they are amongst the footy community.......any way Bomber only got inducted for his helicopter ride into Geelong....from memory his helicopter ride was more memorable than his 60 odd games for Geelong!

Hall of famers 10 years 9 months ago #17189

• joan trieste
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
well done to bomber peake on being inducted to the footy hall of fame.fantastic honour that sits beside 3 flags, 4 times state captain, twice all australian captain, a sandover medal, tassie medal in 79 (in a fantastic year for wa footy and for the old easts)and 6 best and fairest's.

the son of laurie and the father of brett peake - thanks bomber for many great memories. helicopter rides to kardinia park, playing finals with a broken arm, kicking a bag of goals for wa on a tuesday afternoon against the big v,the last minute goal against west perth in 89 & 305 games for the blue & white.

Hall of famers 10 years 9 months ago #17194

• terror
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 30

joan trieste wrote: well done to bomber peake on being inducted to the footy hall of fame.fantastic honour that sits beside 3 flags, 4 times state captain, twice all australian captain, a sandover medal, tassie medal in 79 (in a fantastic year for wa footy and for the old easts)and 6 best and fairest's.

the son of laurie and the father of brett peake - thanks bomber for many great memories. helicopter rides to kardinia park, playing finals with a broken arm, kicking a bag of goals for wa on a tuesday afternoon against the big v,the last minute goal against west perth in 89 & 305 games for the blue & white.

That game still haunts me JT.. Wayne Dayman ran through Peake about 45 out & he went back & slotted it!

Hall of famers 10 years 9 months ago #17198

• joan trieste
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
i missed what happened. i thought it was all over and decided to leave. was making my way out of subi when i heard a roar and ran back to see the bomber with the ball after being awarded a free kick. i think the siren had gone when he took his kick to level the scores. probably the one person you would want to take the kick in that team. bomber forced a replay the following week and we all know what happened.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 364 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes