Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

EF v SF round 11 10 years 10 months ago #16902

• puppy
  • puppy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 8

Freezin wrote: quote]Freeze I'm not sure where you have got this "Swans are back on track" statement from but it wasnt from me!
I have already put the line through us for this season after last week's inept showing vs Subi
I expected a lot of Old Easts this year after listening to all the hoopla over summer on here about your boys just turning up to win to end the premiership drought stretching way back into the last century & drove the long trek down to Shark Park yesterday expecting your blokes to put the struggling pups to the sword!
But what I witnessed was the most one sided game out of the 20 odd matches I have seen live this season with SF completely dominating from about the 15min mark of the 1st qtr!

BH I'll be buggered where you got that from mate?....think you are making that one up mate!....interesting since the turn of the century EF and SD have played in the same number of GF...2!....with which SD have won one of those.....well actually Andy won it for SD....but hey a flag is a flag....so SD have won one more flag than EF since the turn of the century.....kudos to SD for that achievement!

can't believe you have already drawn a line thru SD season!....mind boggling TBH...whose to say what is gonna happen in a month or two time?...but hey great to see you have confidence in Garlett et al for the rest of the season! I guess WP should pull up stumps as well after that 4th quarter fade out today v EP....shit happens, how well you deal with it defines the sort of person you really are I guess!

From an EF perspective, I agree with Rock....sounded like a terrible day out, SF turned up and EF didn't....disappointing yes....season ending?.....mmmmm don't think so....what ever happens from now, will certainly define the sort of culture EF has at the moment.[/quote]

Freeze it was easily one of the most disappointing games I have ever seen the club play. It was up there with the 1986 Grand Final Loss & about as unexpected. The most alarming aspects of the game were the total lack of effort, intensity & desire. I believed the game was over halfway through the second quarter when we went 8 goals behind. It was a bitter pill for the supporters to swallow & I expect Malaxos would be gob smacked with that performance.

Although the club is at the crossroads, I believe we have the players available to seize a spot in the finals. The question is do we want it more than other clubs like EP, Swans & Subiaco.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by puppy.

EF v SF round 11 10 years 10 months ago #16924

• Clear-View
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Didn't see that result coming. Insipid performance from the Sharks. South ran and worked harder from start to finish.

EF v SF round 11 10 years 10 months ago #16932

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89
lost for words.....thank Christ we are playing peel at home and not there...if that will make a difference at all after yesterdays effort?

EF v SF round 11 10 years 10 months ago #16934

• Clear-View
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Would expect a much better effort this week. Peel have been quite good in recent weeks though. Interesting that the top 4 going into the round all lost. Good for the comp.

EF v SF round 11 10 years 10 months ago #17036

• Bulldog82
  • Thank you received: 0
Loved every moment of that game. Taste it you gummie sharks!!! Even better when the 'expert' tipsters didn't give South Freo a chance :)

EF v SF round 11 10 years 10 months ago #17084

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924

Bulldog82 wrote: Loved every moment of that game. Taste it you gummie sharks!!! Even better when the 'expert' tipsters didn't give South Freo a chance :)

I guess one win will make your season B82.....whatever floats your boat fella, SF deserved the win..EF deserved what they got.....but will it save SF from winning the spoon?....who knows?.....I'd take 3 derby losses any year, if it meant SF winning the spoon....

where's your/our mate chcha from FG?.....I miss our chats......no doubt he will surface here on Ozfooty soon, especially when SF win a few more games......

EF v SF round 11 10 years 10 months ago #17087

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bulldog82 wrote: Loved every moment of that game. Taste it you gummie sharks!!! Even better when the 'expert' tipsters didn't give South Freo a chance :)

Expert tippers? Yeah but who did you tip before the game?

EF v SF round 11 10 years 10 months ago #17097

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

TheRock wrote: With some SD folk here following our disastrous effort yesterday I have come to the conclusion we were completely robbed by the umpires from start to finish. :woohoo:

Seriously though we were farkin terrible!!!

The day started badly with our colts boys not stepping up to the plate with 6 state boys away and 1 injured. With basically our complete spine missing we just couldn't manage the intensity that the SF boys showed.

Good to see the Ressies bounce back into the 4 with Howson kicking 5 and possibly a league game next week. Schoey and Peake could be others that could get a call up next week also.

Well what a disaster the league game was. I haven't seen us play that poorly for a while and some real soul searching will need to be done during the week and to get back on track against Peel this week. We were just about beaten in every position yesterday and it seemed that we just weren't ready to play. Doddy was sorely missed and will be right next week and Youngy will be better for the run. I know the boys were gutted and disappointed with themselves and letting us fans down on such a big day. On the flip side we are still in the 4 with half a season still to play. I'm sure the team can turn it around and get back on track.

Well done to South who completely taught us a footy lesson.

Rock,

You boys should be well aware that (much like our Perth Derby) its on the day stuff ! Its business as usual come next week.

EF v SF round 11 10 years 10 months ago #17106

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Fanstastis result, derbies always throw up shock results from time to time and this sure was one, well done souths.

just a pity it wasnt a traditional foundation day game in front of 10,000 bloody AFL scum bags!

EF v SF round 11 10 years 10 months ago #17200

• Bulldog82
  • Thank you received: 0

La Hincha wrote:

Expert tippers? Yeah but who did you tip before the game?

My mate Moss Street Shark asked me the night before the game if I was confident which my response was "Im always confident but its up to the 22 that put on the jumper". Even had South Freo to win as part as my multi....unfortuantly I had Essendon in it as well.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 216 guests and 5 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • Swedgen
  • Ted Nugent
  • royallucky
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977