Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Jason Carter 6 years 1 month ago #143040

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
TT try the link below.

:/www.pressreader.com/australia/the-west-australian/20180224/282647508004793

or put Grant Povey -- Claremont into google search box.

I hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jason Carter 6 years 1 month ago #143066

• premiership hangover
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131

astro wrote: Hangover you make comment like a politician, the bottom line is that Carter is not an AFL listed player. FFC should have to commit to draft him then maybe be i could swallow the deal

PN, a politician or just stating facts. The WAFL knew this rule came into place a while ago and did nothing, Now look what's happened, a few supporters are spitting the chewie.

However if we want to use your argument that Freo should commit to draft this kid, then I say putting him with a host family, moving him to where they can monitor and manage him full time and getting him involved at league level with other AFL listed players is a fairly big commitment isn't it?????

Oh and by the way I am not a Freo supporter, I hate both WA AFL clubs, but I understand the rules they get to work under because they generate more money than WAFL clubs and play in a higher division of football than WAFL clubs.

What is happening here is no different to amateur clubs in C2, C3 and C4 that have their good kids taken off them by WAFL club to play at A or B Grade clubs.
Save a tree and eat a beaver

Jason Carter 6 years 1 month ago #143076

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

premiership hangover wrote:

astro wrote: Hangover you make comment like a politician, the bottom line is that Carter is not an AFL listed player. FFC should have to commit to draft him then maybe be i could swallow the deal

PN, a politician or just stating facts. The WAFL knew this rule came into place a while ago and did nothing, Now look what's happened, a few supporters are spitting the chewie.

However if we want to use your argument that Freo should commit to draft this kid, then I say putting him with a host family, moving him to where they can monitor and manage him full time and getting him involved at league level with other AFL listed players is a fairly big commitment isn't it?????

Oh and by the way I am not a Freo supporter, I hate both WA AFL clubs, but I understand the rules they get to work under because they generate more money than WAFL clubs and play in a higher division of football than WAFL clubs.

What is happening here is no different to amateur clubs in C2, C3 and C4 that have their good kids taken off them by WAFL club to play at A or B Grade clubs.

I am thoroughly sick and tired of claims that the WAFL clubs have the right to veto decisions made by the WAFC. No such veto exists in this case and it didn't exist with respect to the host club alignment.

Last edit: by swan42.
Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 416 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL