Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Jason Carter 6 years 1 month ago #142922

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Hangover you make comment like a politician, the bottom line is that Carter is not an AFL listed player. FFC should have to commit to draft him then maybe be i could swallow the deal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Jason Carter 6 years 1 month ago #142924

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836

MarkOlsen wrote: it should be Peel and East Perth that should be losing their country zones to compensate Swans and Claremont.

Spot on MO, the Peel and EP zones should be carved up amongst the 7 WAFL teams. The same could happen to any club, like my mob if either WC or Freo pinch a kid from the Goldfields or Esperence, or to Perth if they pinch kids from the Northam York area.

Jason Carter 6 years 1 month ago #142925

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

MarkOlsen wrote: it should be Peel and East Perth that should be losing their country zones to compensate Swans and Claremont.

Obviously I would not agree with that but a player from that teams zone should be swapped or perhaps a 2 for one and the losing club gets the choice which would allow them to fill a weakness. I mean EP district is not the best with the SW providing a lot of our talent with some exceptions.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Jason Carter 6 years 1 month ago #142930

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
sorry Grump, that makes no sense - you swap an elite kid for a kid not as good ?
what if the EP kid Swans want doesn't want to go to Swans ?
policy on the run from the WAFC again.

Jason Carter 6 years 1 month ago #142932

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: sorry Grump, that makes no sense - you swap an elite kid for a kid not as good ?
what if the EP kid Swans want doesn't want to go to Swans ?
policy on the run from the WAFC again.

given the current situation as I understand it what I am suggesting is already in place. The AFL and WAFC want to equalise the colts by moving players, whether they like it or not. I am just saying rather than the WAFC/AFL controlling it completely clubs can make some adjustments themselves. I understand the nonsense of it but when they changed the colts to an AFL process the moving of players is part of the deal. I could be wrong but this what was put forward when we discussed the colts at EP and how the PP's were going to continue the contributions.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Last edit: by Grump.

Jason Carter 6 years 1 month ago #142933

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
I have not read of any player or players moving to Claremont as part of this deal

Jason Carter 6 years 1 month ago #142946

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
tip of the iceberg stuff here....Freo NGA is only going to get bigger and better....can see a lot of WAFL clubs getting shafted here..... understand the Freo continuity / development argument....but surely until these kids are fully fledged AFL players receiving an AFL funded salary, they remain at their WAFL club of origin.....seems like Freo ease their conscious by believing returning Carter back to Cl post season is making this a fair decision for all.....only for Carter to be drafted by Freo two months later.....thus meaning Cl get no compensation again with this new AFL draft fee clause where any draft fee goes back into the colts comp development instead of the WAFL clubs development....gonna kill off a few WAAFL clubs ability to finance their development programs....

Jason Carter 6 years 1 month ago #142950

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

This would make sense given they recruit around 10 of the best youngsters from all over Australia every year and now this deal penalises Swans and Claremont.

Jason Carter 6 years 1 month ago #142957

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: I have not read of any player or players moving to Claremont as part of this deal

Neither have I but they should receive compensation for the transfer, THE WAFL/WAFC need to make it a two way street.

Jason Carter 6 years 1 month ago #142961

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Inept is the current buzzword. But under no circumstances could you flatter the WAFC by calling them that. This is just another move to KILL the WAFL.

I challenge any of the gutless WAFC and Taylor to come down to the local WAFL clubs and find out some home truths about what us WAFL supporters think of what they are doing to the WAFL.

Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 358 guests and 2 members online

• Shark Tragic

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes