OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 126 guests and 2 members online

  • ooollllrrrrrry2
  • swan42

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Hellcat
  • DonRobs
  • Guy85
  • dees04
  • Courto
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
28 Jun 2017
Memories from Yesteryear..... Rod Alderton
Read More...

TOPIC: Tigers flag favourites?

Tigers flag favourites? 1 year 4 months ago #119688

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4074
  • Thank you received: 747
Following tonight's game online, Claremont are completely dismantling the Royals at Leederville. 52 point difference close to three quarter time. The Tigers are a very solid all round team with a strong midfield, lots of goal kicking potential, a watertight defence and an experienced coach. They are the team to beat this year I reckon, even at this early stage of the season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tigers flag favourites? 1 year 4 months ago #119689

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Online
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6016
  • Thank you received: 657

mikeh wrote: Following tonight's game online, Claremont are completely dismantling the Royals at Leederville. 52 point difference close to three quarter time. The Tigers are a very solid all round team with a strong midfield, lots of goal kicking potential, a watertight defence and an experienced coach. They are the team to beat this year I reckon, even at this early stage of the season.


It should be a real test for Swans when we play Claremont. Is it a combination of a very good team in Claremont and a totally disunited East Perth?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tigers flag favourites? 1 year 4 months ago #119691

  • Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignment is PISH
  • Posts: 3367
  • Thank you received: 527
Claremont are a very good side & now they have a topline coach , I expect them to be one of the grand finalists

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How good were the days of T.I , Benny , Maurie , Noel , Rod , Basil , P.Vas , Bausko , Obie , Morls , Joey Mac , Mounty , big Del , Moyls , Browny etc etc etc .... the torps , the biff , the pride of the state.
The Duckworths , Peakes , Nowotnys , Krakouers ,Mossys , Bouchers , Wileys , Budgies too

Tigers flag favourites? 1 year 4 months ago #119692

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4074
  • Thank you received: 747

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote: Following tonight's game online, Claremont are completely dismantling the Royals at Leederville. 52 point difference close to three quarter time. The Tigers are a very solid all round team with a strong midfield, lots of goal kicking potential, a watertight defence and an experienced coach. They are the team to beat this year I reckon, even at this early stage of the season.


It should be a real test for Swans when we play Claremont. Is it a combination of a very good team in Claremont and a totally disunited East Perth?


Looking at East Perth last week, they seemed to lack the leadership that Wulff and Johnson had given them in previous years. They have obvious talent in their ranks but cant seem to put it together as a team which is probably not surprising given that they probably don't train as a complete group very often.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tigers flag favourites? 1 year 4 months ago #119694

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Online
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6016
  • Thank you received: 657

mikeh wrote:

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote: Following tonight's game online, Claremont are completely dismantling the Royals at Leederville. 52 point difference close to three quarter time. The Tigers are a very solid all round team with a strong midfield, lots of goal kicking potential, a watertight defence and an experienced coach. They are the team to beat this year I reckon, even at this early stage of the season.


It should be a real test for Swans when we play Claremont. Is it a combination of a very good team in Claremont and a totally disunited East Perth?


Looking at East Perth last week, they seemed to lack the leadership that Wulff and Johnson had given them in previous years. They have obvious talent in their ranks but cant seem to put it together as a team which is probably not surprising given that they probably don't train as a complete group very often.


I won't hijack this topic regarding the impact of the alignment controversy at EP. Apart from Claremont who are your early picks for the final 5 mikeh?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tigers flag favourites? 1 year 4 months ago #119695

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4074
  • Thank you received: 747

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote:

swan42 wrote:

mikeh wrote: Following tonight's game online, Claremont are completely dismantling the Royals at Leederville. 52 point difference close to three quarter time. The Tigers are a very solid all round team with a strong midfield, lots of goal kicking potential, a watertight defence and an experienced coach. They are the team to beat this year I reckon, even at this early stage of the season.


It should be a real test for Swans when we play Claremont. Is it a combination of a very good team in Claremont and a totally disunited East Perth?


Looking at East Perth last week, they seemed to lack the leadership that Wulff and Johnson had given them in previous years. They have obvious talent in their ranks but cant seem to put it together as a team which is probably not surprising given that they probably don't train as a complete group very often.


I won't hijack this topic regarding the impact of the alignment controversy at EP. Apart from Claremont who are your early picks for the final 5 mikeh?


Claremont, Subiaco and South are the top 3 teams in my view Swan42 and I reckon they will fill these spots. The other two positions are totally open to all 6 other teams with Swans right in the hunt given their early victories. I will go for Swans 4th and West Perth 5th although that could be wishful thinking B) . Peel may well claim a spot given that many of the Fremantle older players may appear regularly for them. East Perth are going to find it hard given they are now 0-4 and Perth have shown signs without winning a game. If the Sharks can string a few wins together they will also be back in the hunt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tigers flag favourites? 1 year 4 months ago #119696

  • Tiger of old
  • Tiger of old's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 998
  • Thank you received: 82
Steady on we've played three sides that are probably the bottom three we haven't been tested yet
but I'm happy with what I'm seeing good old fashioned long and direct football
and Harris is unlocking the talent in Langdon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tigers flag favourites? 1 year 4 months ago #119698

  • mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4074
  • Thank you received: 747

Tiger of old wrote: Steady on we've played three sides that are probably the bottom three we haven't been tested yet
but I'm happy with what I'm seeing good old fashioned long and direct football
and Harris is unlocking the talent in Langdon


Fair point TOO. The next three weeks where Claremont are playing SF at Fremantle, then a home game at Shark Park against Subiaco and then a trip to Bassendean will test the team. If they can get through the first half of the season with a reasonable record, they will have 7 of their last 11 games at their refurbished home ground at Claremont.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by mikeh.

Tigers flag favourites? 1 year 3 months ago #122387

  • Southrlegends
  • Southrlegends's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Posts: 167
  • Thank you received: 27
Pretenders with soiled petticoats more like it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tigers flag favourites? 1 year 3 months ago #122609

  • Reeko59
  • Reeko59's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
  • Posts: 53
  • Thank you received: 7
Fair enough comment Southrlegends, tigers have been in a postion to win the last 2 games and lost because they didn't play to Harro's instructions, interesting that a few senior players need to take a good hard look at themselves

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tiger of old
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags