Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #88000

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Theouterseagull wrote:

Swandog wrote:

Bazza wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote: Drove past the oval yesterday and the oval is all grassed and a big Apartment development is well underway at the northern end.

I think you will find there will be some very clear clauses in the sales O & A's that require purchasers of property in this development to sign declarations that they are aware of all the issues that living next to a football oval raises. The noise issue will be addressed by things like double glazing which is a highly affective noise barrier along with increased acoustic insulation same as what's proposed for the Redhill golf course housing estate that is right under the main airport flight path. Once purchasers sign these documents there is no effective comeback later.

One game day a fortnight will be the extent of the footy issue re sirens and training sessions will also create some relatively low level noise but again they will all be signing off acceptance and pre-knowledge.

Well done to the Claremont FC and Council and State Govt for creating this project.
5000 capacity is plenty even for hosting minor finals, apart from the Swans EP prelim in '10 I don't think too many minor finals have drawn more than that.

Spot on, Derby Finals would still get a few, But Freo Oval can easily cope. 5000 is deal apart from that.

A derby minor final wouldn't get more than 12k nowadays, the only minor final to get near 12k since 94 (Dockers inception) was SD v EP at Basso in 2010 11500, but was way more than that because they threw the gates open in the finish and was more like 16k..great day it was!!

I was there with Senior for that final and there is no way the crowd was 16,000
The gates were not thrown open, took a while to get in but nothing too extreme.

They definitely threw the gates open! We couldn't cope in the end, compare the tape with some of the 80`s tapes and it was easily more than 11,500. So did you park your rig in Ashfield that day then? Because roads around the ground were jammed full
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #88001

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Swandog wrote:

Theouterseagull wrote:

Swandog wrote:

Bazza wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote: Drove past the oval yesterday and the oval is all grassed and a big Apartment development is well underway at the northern end.

I think you will find there will be some very clear clauses in the sales O & A's that require purchasers of property in this development to sign declarations that they are aware of all the issues that living next to a football oval raises. The noise issue will be addressed by things like double glazing which is a highly affective noise barrier along with increased acoustic insulation same as what's proposed for the Redhill golf course housing estate that is right under the main airport flight path. Once purchasers sign these documents there is no effective comeback later.

One game day a fortnight will be the extent of the footy issue re sirens and training sessions will also create some relatively low level noise but again they will all be signing off acceptance and pre-knowledge.

Well done to the Claremont FC and Council and State Govt for creating this project.
5000 capacity is plenty even for hosting minor finals, apart from the Swans EP prelim in '10 I don't think too many minor finals have drawn more than that.

Spot on, Derby Finals would still get a few, But Freo Oval can easily cope. 5000 is deal apart from that.

A derby minor final wouldn't get more than 12k nowadays, the only minor final to get near 12k since 94 (Dockers inception) was SD v EP at Basso in 2010 11500, but was way more than that because they threw the gates open in the finish and was more like 16k..great day it was!!

They definitely threw the gates open! We couldn't cope in the end, compare the tape with some of the 80`s tapes and it was easily more than 11,500. So did you park your rig in Ashfield that day then? Because roads around the ground were jammed full

Parked in the carpark outside the clubrooms. The attendant wasn't going to let me in but it's amazing what you can get a Swan Districts official to agree to with a little cash donation

Last edit: by Theouterseagull .

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #88004

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

Swandog wrote:

Theouterseagull wrote:

Swandog wrote:

Bazza wrote:

Your kidding yourself, your just not used to 5 figure crowds, it was obvious on the TV that it was nothing close to 16k.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #88008

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Bazza wrote:

Swandog wrote:

Theouterseagull wrote:

Swandog wrote:

Bazza wrote:

Your kidding yourself, your just not used to 5 figure crowds, it was obvious on the TV that it was nothing close to 16k.

Ok Baz one day I will run you through a few of the tapes over a glass of milk
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #88021

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373
Being that us SD folk are accused of being toothless 2 headed Neanderthals from the trenches of Midland by some folk on this site a head count on the day surely would have exceeded 20k

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #88023

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote: Being that us SD folk are accused of being toothless 2 headed Neanderthals from the trenches of Midland by some folk on this site a head count on the day surely would have exceeded 20k

And then there's the army of Pharmacists supplying the Sudafed.
And the ATO investigators putting together their case.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 1 week ago #88028

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Theouterseagull wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: Being that us SD folk are accused of being toothless 2 headed Neanderthals from the trenches of Midland by some folk on this site a head count on the day surely would have exceeded 20k

And then there's the army of Pharmacists supplying the Sudafed.
And the ATO investigators putting together their case.

What do u mean pharmacists supplying sudafed....u want sudafed down Midland way you gotta do an overnight ram raid B)

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 1 week ago #88079

• Tiger of old
  • Thank you received: 230
The only way the club can be shifted from the new development is if we wanted to shift. From what I understand we have a lifetime conditional lease or something. Im no lawyer but I'm pretty bloody sure residents can whine and moan if they wish all they like but they won't have any sort of legal avenue to boot us out.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 1 week ago #88083

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
When the human foghorn winds up on a Satirday afternoon I'm predicting WW3....I wonder if he'll get an echo reverberating throughout the new colosseum....god bless him :lol:

Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 242 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes