Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #87864

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: There doesnt look like much parking space for Outer to park up the rig but for the usual crowd at a Claremont vs $cumi fixture he should be able to park outside the main gate and no one would notice!

I'll be needing a 52.5m long parking space and a road able to hold 147ton. The new capacity will be 5000 which shouldn't worry swans supporters as recent polls and last years attendance figures show, Swans don't have many supporters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #87882

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
I reckon it will go OK, the design allows for all the crowd to be isolated in one part of the ground, given that claremont only attract about 1200 - 1500 a week, its hardly going to have much impact on residents.

The old VFL park in Glen Waverly has a simlilar set up and would get far more at Hawks training than Claremont attract at a league match.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #87903

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Drove past the oval yesterday and the oval is all grassed and a big Apartment development is well underway at the northern end.

I think you will find there will be some very clear clauses in the sales O & A's that require purchasers of property in this development to sign declarations that they are aware of all the issues that living next to a football oval raises. The noise issue will be addressed by things like double glazing which is a highly affective noise barrier along with increased acoustic insulation same as what's proposed for the Redhill golf course housing estate that is right under the main airport flight path. Once purchasers sign these documents there is no effective comeback later.

One game day a fortnight will be the extent of the footy issue re sirens and training sessions will also create some relatively low level noise but again they will all be signing off acceptance and pre-knowledge.

Well done to the Claremont FC and Council and State Govt for creating this project.
5000 capacity is plenty even for hosting minor finals, apart from the Swans EP prelim in '10 I don't think too many minor finals have drawn more than that.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #87921

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
No reason they couldn't be held there but those sorts of events are often staged at non WAFL grounds, the showgrounds could be used for that if they wanted to reduce the load.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #87980

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Theouterseagull wrote:

Devonleigh wrote: I will give the club about 3 years after final establishment b4 a push is made by the oval residents to kick Claremont out.

There’s a big difference between a lifestyle residence (like what would have been on offer at the WACA) and normal residency.

The oval is approx 5 metres from your front door so even though the units are reasonably soundproofed the non football supporters will have to put up with the training and game noise, parking issues, lights and a licensed premises next to them.

Local residents are already vetoing the building of or extensions to, sporting facilities in the suburbs because they don’t want the yobbo element around.
The big kicker here will be the dog walkers. They are taking over suburban sporting facilities in plague proportions because they unite easy and are more politically outspoken than other groups.

There’s just something in the psyche about being a “whingy westy”.

Would an unofficial cash donation help this redevelopment get the go ahead, I'm not talking about a bribe, that word makes Swans supporters all uneasy and angry.

Outer,

Are you thinking your lot should buy a dozen of the units to house your players over night prior to the game and double as an income stream for the "High Teas" and "Cocktail Parties", fuck me , you could even use them as Brothels to really maintain the income stream ;)

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #87985

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Senior Seagull wrote: Drove past the oval yesterday and the oval is all grassed and a big Apartment development is well underway at the northern end.

I think you will find there will be some very clear clauses in the sales O & A's that require purchasers of property in this development to sign declarations that they are aware of all the issues that living next to a football oval raises. The noise issue will be addressed by things like double glazing which is a highly affective noise barrier along with increased acoustic insulation same as what's proposed for the Redhill golf course housing estate that is right under the main airport flight path. Once purchasers sign these documents there is no effective comeback later.

One game day a fortnight will be the extent of the footy issue re sirens and training sessions will also create some relatively low level noise but again they will all be signing off acceptance and pre-knowledge.

Well done to the Claremont FC and Council and State Govt for creating this project.
5000 capacity is plenty even for hosting minor finals, apart from the Swans EP prelim in '10 I don't think too many minor finals have drawn more than that.

i go past twice a day to and from work, coming along well, council are doing a good job, planted a heap of new street trees, plenty of new parking, and a load of room for the new stand, as you say caveats will be in build in contracts to allow for sports use of ground.

Spot on, Derby Finals would still get a few, But Freo Oval can easily cope. 5000 is ideal apart from that.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #87987

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Bazza wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote: Drove past the oval yesterday and the oval is all grassed and a big Apartment development is well underway at the northern end.

Spot on, Derby Finals would still get a few, But Freo Oval can easily cope. 5000 is deal apart from that.

A derby minor final wouldn't get more than 12k nowadays, the only minor final to get near 12k since 94 (Dockers inception) was SD v EP at Basso in 2010 11500, but was way more than that because they threw the gates open in the finish and was more like 16k..great day it was!!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Last edit: by Swandog.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #87994

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Swandog wrote:

Bazza wrote:

Spot on, Derby Finals would still get a few, But Freo Oval can easily cope. 5000 is deal apart from that.

A derby minor final wouldn't get more than 12k nowadays, the only minor final to get near 12k since 94 (Dockers inception) was SD v EP at Basso in 2010 11500, but was way more than that because they threw the gates open in the finish and was more like 16k..great day it was!!

Big deal, we got 11,500 at the 2009 foundation day derby and that was a home and away. 16 k lol on the bong again.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #87997

• Theouterseagull
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Swandog wrote:

Bazza wrote:

I was there with Senior for that final and there is no way the crowd was 16,000
The gates were not thrown open, took a while to get in but nothing too extreme.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update 2 8 years 2 weeks ago #87998

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Bazza wrote:

Swandog wrote:

Bazza wrote:

Big deal, we got 11,500 at the 2009 foundation day derby and that was a home and away. 16 k lol on the bong again.

I doubt whether a Fremantle Derby will get 10K plus ever again as it doesn't have half the appeal it once did now that most have deserted it for the VFL, I hope I am wrong. The Perth Derby actually surpasses the Frem one for atmosphere, intense rivalry and crowds in this day and age
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 242 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL