Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Pre season game 8 years 3 weeks ago #87267

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 230
A mostly tigers reserves and colts side had a 53 point win over a state country side on the weekend.
What sparked my interest in reading about the game in a members e mail was the mention of a few surprise recruits, one being the ruckman in the game Matt Sellers - a former American basketballer, 208cm and 108kg. Unlikely to crack a league game I would predict but something to keep an eye on in the ressies this year.
Also Luke maddock a key defender size player from Werribee, and Justin and Adam Speed from wanneroo - can anyone tell me anything about these blokes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pre season game 8 years 3 weeks ago #87270

• Will
  • Thank you received: 3
Was at the game and the margin of 53 points doesn't sound right. I think the State Country team was leading at 3 quarter time and Claremont ran over them (having 4 extra on the bench helps when its near on 40 degrees) in the last quarter to win by 4 or 5 goals.

I don't know their full names but number 20 (Toby?) in the midfield, number 15 a slightly built blonde haired forward/mid and a key back with longer hair stood out for me. The big ruckman looked pretty raw but competed well.

Claremont spread the ball well from the backline although were indirect at times.
Noticed that Claremont pressed up quite high when the ball was in the Country teams forward 50. Worked well at times when they were able to get quick rebounds and get out the back.

Pre season game 8 years 3 weeks ago #87297

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102

Will wrote: Was at the game and the margin of 53 points doesn't sound right. I think the State Country team was leading at 3 quarter time and Claremont ran over them (having 4 extra on the bench helps when its near on 40 degrees) in the last quarter to win by 4 or 5 goals.

I don't know their full names but number 20 (Toby?) in the midfield, number 15 a slightly built blonde haired forward/mid and a key back with longer hair stood out for me. The big ruckman looked pretty raw but competed well.

Claremont spread the ball well from the backline although were indirect at times.
Noticed that Claremont pressed up quite high when the ball was in the Country teams forward 50. Worked well at times when they were able to get quick rebounds and get out the back.

This tactic failed McMahon when coaching at Perth and Broadbridge was his assistant (is McMahon still involved at Claremont?)) i suspect it will do no better at Claremont.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.
  • Page:
Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 394 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma