Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Our best 22 9 years 2 months ago #60183

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 230
Now that clubs have mostly finalised their squads I thought we could all put our best 22 on paper. Here's what I reckon ours is:

B: Yu Franz Mcallister

Hb: Davies Busher Holt

C: Fong Yeo Ledger

Hf: Richardson Maister Williams

Ff: Hamp Starcevich Bradshaw

R: Seaby, Murphy, Neates

Int: Andrews, Willet, Davey, Daniher

Pushing for selection: swift, breakey, Cameron, goyder, Knott, j Richardson

Fairly strong at full strength but teams are rarely at full strength. Hopefully Maister recovers fully from his current staph infection in his shoulder because the forward line will need him, hopefully Starcevich can get fit and show us what he's capable of, between those two that's some pretty tall timber. Murphy and Neates will be keys, they have never known life without Blackwell and foster so is going to be a big challenge for them, Corey yeo needs to continue on with his impressive form from last season.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Our best 22 9 years 2 months ago #60187

• turtle
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
That's a pretty handy 22.

You think you guys can give Subi a shake this year?

Our best 22 9 years 2 months ago #60191

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author
I think all clubs can give subi a shake this season. they were worthy premiers but hardly the imposing force they were earlier this century. I don't see them being raging favourites to go back to back. I think it will all depend on fitness with us, who we get injuries too. we're going to have a lot debutants also with last season's reserves and colts all being better known by broadbridge now, plus a couple of Victorian recruits which I'll wait and see on, I've seen many a promising Victorian come and be completely useless over the years ( does anybody remember Marcus Allen? ). hopefully some gems will be uncovered there.

Our best 22 9 years 2 months ago #60195

• Jimmy Boag
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
You've stuck fat with familiar names, don't be surprised to see a number of colts players from last season come into consideration. Starcevich has been training well according to the CFC web page, don't be surprised if he has a good year. Not too keen on your centreline. Hopefully they've learnt that Seaby is best suited as a ruckman and not up forward like last season.
Marcus Allen.....was that the guy who clocked 2 min 30 sec for the 100m????
What happened to Lewis Stevenson? Did he stay in SA?
Blackwell is a huge loss, his 2nd half of the season in 2014 was up there with his best, especially in regards to leadership.

Our best 22 9 years 2 months ago #60198

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author
Yeah I've stuck with familiar names but it's hard to put blokes who haven't debuted yet into the best 22 but no doubt the names will change. Who would your centreline be jimmy?
Yes Marcus Allen was the bloke who ran with a limp at my grandmas pace, but his skills weren't as good as hers.

Our best 22 9 years 2 months ago #60199

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
A little off topic but do you Tiger boys know if the young bloke Edward Vickers-Willis taken in last years AFL draft is any relation to Robert Vickers-Willis who played at Claremont in the late 70's & early 80's?
Robert Vickers-Willis was as catchy a name to remember as Herman Van De Beek who played at Tigerland around the same time!

Our best 22 9 years 2 months ago #60200

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author
can't help you there Beasley but I reckon it'd be likely. I've never heard of him, I know of Herman van de beek the big blonde ruckman though.

Our best 22 9 years 2 months ago #60202

• hungrytiger
  • Thank you received: 0
yea what about stevo and didnt thomo come back with richo? Id also say swift will be in the middle. He will be fit.

Our best 22 9 years 2 months ago #60207

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author

hungrytiger wrote: yea what about stevo and didnt thomo come back with richo? Id also say swift will be in the middle. He will be fit.

if swift can slot straight into the middle of our best 22 after 2 seasons out of footy we'll struggle. I always thought it was his afl status that got him a league game in our grand final days, there was better players in our reserves premiership sides I thought. same for weedon. swift may end up being in our best 22 but he'll have to earn it first.

Our best 22 9 years 2 months ago #60211

• Jimmy Boag
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Really hope they throw caution to the wind and blood players from the Colts and Magoos, a lot of talent to draw on. Can't wait to have a beer on the new Dollar's Deck! 2015 bring it on!

Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 741 guests and 3 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Danger
  • Tiger Tales

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr