Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2015 9 years 5 months ago #57442

• Jimmy Boag
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Gains: Beau Wilkes (delisted St Kilda)
Losses: Blackwell, Foster, Handley, Orzel (all retired), Waterman (WCE father & son)
Possible Gains: Richardson (travel), Joel Hamling (delisted Geelong), Lewis Stevenson (delisted Port Adelaide)
Possible losses: McGovern & Abbott (league players lost to draft) up to 5 colts (draft), Daniher (may return to Melbourne?)
Like all WAFL clubs we'll have to wait for AFL draft (shaft) dates (27/11 & 03/12) and then scrabble to sign up and complete player lists. Colts runner up in GF and Magoos 3rd, so still plenty to draw upon.
Blackwell will be a huge loss, thought he took his game to a new level 2nd half of the season with his leadership, both on and off the field. Only 27 yrs old! Days gone by 27 would mean at least 4 more seasons. Younger Blackwell did well in the Magoos, interesting to see if he can step up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jimmy Boag.

2015 9 years 5 months ago #57458

• Tiger of old
  • Thank you received: 230
beau Wilkes a big in, same with Richardson. Blackwell and foster big losses, will be a lot more attention paid to neates and Murphy than they have ever had before. the emergence of Corey yeo and Tom ledger this year will need to continue
a handy yet injury prone player from Perth wants to join us who would be an ideal replacement for trinity handley. hopefully it happens
surely Brendan abbot will get drafted? has more talent than a miss universe contest.

2015 9 years 5 months ago #57462

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Please explain Tiger of old? Trying to think which player. We had a fair few on the medical table this season.

Back to the Tigers and they just showed in the second half of this season why they are such a good club. For me with the potential inclusions of Maister, Richardson, Stevenson they look good to be challenging for the finals next year.

Remember that it's a top 5 in 2015!!

2015 9 years 5 months ago #57463

• Jimmy Boag
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tiger of old the thing going against Abbott is didn't he walk away from the testing a couple of seasons ago? That said, in full flight he looked bloody impressive, already a good size. Stevenson had a strong finish to the SANFL season playing solid games in the finals. Think he's played in 5 or 6 GFs in a row (WAFL & SANFL). Would be very handy if those 3 returned in 2015. And I hope the Perth player you're talking about isn't who I'm thinking!
Wish the AFL drafting would be over so the 2nd tier competitions could see what's available..

Last edit: by Jimmy Boag.

2015 9 years 5 months ago #57464

• Jimmy Boag
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Tiger of old I googled "Simon Starling" and watched that screamer he took a couple of seasons ago against East Perth, well worth doing.

2015 9 years 5 months ago #57468

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Which Perth player could potentially be heading to the Tigers boys?

2015 9 years 5 months ago #57470

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Handley is a tall isn't he.....injury prone Perth player who is tall?..........Busher perhaps seeking a new environment to end his injury curse. Stab in the dark but makes sense........not quite sure why he would want to go to Cl if Macca is there, but hey each to his own I guess.

I reckon Freo will fill their boots with likes of young delisted talls in Hamling and Lockyer, both have 2 -3 yrs under their belts at very successful clubs. Both boys were unlucky trying to win spots against some talented talls at Geelong and SS, Freo would be stupid not giving them a go on the cheap, esp with McPharlin, Johnno and Pav on their last legs.

Stevenson would be a good get, talented at the 2nd tier level, not got the tools to succeed at the elite level.

2015 9 years 5 months ago #57478

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
You have recruited a small defender from EP too.

2015 9 years 5 months ago #57489

• Tiger of old
  • Thank you received: 230
that would be Jacob Payne I would say.
busher is a similar size to trinity handley.

2015 9 years 5 months ago #57518

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Does sound like Busher. Hopefully he stays at the Dee's.

Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 747 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • Whitey

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL