Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Showgrounds 9 years 11 months ago #39987

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 230
gotta say I'm disappointed our first game at the showgrounds, an Anzac game, which should be heavily promoted, is against a non traditional wafl club in peel Dockers, and goes up against an eagles game on tv, just plain stupid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Showgrounds 9 years 11 months ago #39989

• Jimmy Boag
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Nothing surprises me when the WAFC are involved.

Showgrounds 9 years 9 months ago #46086

• Jimmy Boag
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Looks like we'll be here at the show grounds until april/may 2016. The old stand/club rooms were supposed to be gone back in april, still standing.
Hopefully we recruit, this season is looking ordinary as far as rebuilding goes. Reserves have copped a few thumpings, colts aren't anywhere near where they've been in the past. Hope the club backs the current coach, Webb jumped ship when players retired/drafted/went travelling, prefered easy street.

Showgrounds 9 years 9 months ago #46140

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author
happy to see Webb "jump ship", he didn't impress me much, his flag was won by his cattle and I thought his coaching in last years finals was quite predictable and uninspiring.
agree that the rebuild isn't showing a lot foundation at the moment, our only strengths at the moment is still our senior players, Blackwell, foster, Franz.. youngsters only playing 5 minutes of footy here and there but that is nothing unusual. hopefully we can get some afl players back next year, Mcginnity, josh hill, perhaps Tom lee, beau Wilkes, .. what is a worry for next season is our ruck stocks, I reckon seaby won't play on and Darcy Cameron may be drafted.

Showgrounds 9 years 9 months ago #46191

• gobione
  • Thank you received: 0
Not sure about the rebuild haven't seen any signs of rebuilding blooding young guys, have three young ones playing cameron,abbott and edwards. Claremont seem to have a penchant for recycling under done senior players. many examples of players being out for extended periods and coming straight back in or after one ressies game. Brought young Mc Govern in after one game kid way underdone gets two games and then dropped hardly confidence building for him. Max Bentley playing good footy was injured but back through the ressies? different rules for different players. Rebuilding is playing kids and giving plenty of game time forget the score line look to future. The ageing senior players should be back playin ressies developing the others through instruction and experience, time to stop worry about personal reputations and have some vision. Broadbridge calling the ressie development squad, in name only. Plenty good young ones in ressies in case no one has noticed we are one game off a wooden spoon in the league.As for the ressie getting thumped no change in plan on game day no reaction to situations, yesterday perfect example 12 pts up 3/4 time ep kicking with breeze in bad weather conditions, no one put behind the ball basic stuff I would have thought, had one there before 3/4 time? Gotta question the decision making!!!!!!

Showgrounds 9 years 9 months ago #46206

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author
some good and correct points gobione, club seems to be struggling with the sudden shift in power and may not be handling it the right way for long term benefits, it's not uncommon when clubs go from rags to riches quickly
I wonder why young waterman hasn't been given an opportunity or if he even will? perhaps it's because the club knows he will be at east Perth/eagles reserves next year and are thinking why give him an opportunity? all we would be doing is helping them out? gotta say it's selfish but logical, the club comes before the individual.

Showgrounds 9 years 9 months ago #46216

• gobione
  • Thank you received: 0
Yeap if the coach had been there during a successful period and then stayed on to rebuild easier brief than coming in and biting the bullet, unfortunately expectations are high from the punters regardless of the transition. This is where the club has to back the coach in and be vocal and transparent about the vision.

However if they do not bite the bullet and try and pinch hit with recruiting from outside years of pain are ahead,especially when the mantra of the club is that they promote from within. What they should do if they are going to recruit is raid east perth ressie some handy young guys running around with very little chance of cracking a league game anytime soon.

On the topic of waterman it will be interesting to see what the eagles do, he is an outstanding in and under player not the quickest though, do the eagles draft him? not sure they need that type of mid fielder having just drafted sheed. It would have been a lot of pressure on him to play senior footy this year and would not get a gig in the league midfield and playing another position may have been exposed for pace.

Showgrounds 9 years 9 months ago #46239

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

gobione wrote: Yeap if the coach had been there during a successful period and then stayed on to rebuild easier brief than coming in and biting the bullet, unfortunately expectations are high from the punters regardless of the transition. This is where the club has to back the coach in and be vocal and transparent about the vision.

However if they do not bite the bullet and try and pinch hit with recruiting from outside years of pain are ahead,especially when the mantra of the club is that they promote from within. What they should do if they are going to recruit is raid east perth ressie some handy young guys running around with very little chance of cracking a league game anytime soon.

On the topic of waterman it will be interesting to see what the eagles do, he is an outstanding in and under player not the quickest though, do the eagles draft him? not sure they need that type of mid fielder having just drafted sheed. It would have been a lot of pressure on him to play senior footy this year and would not get a gig in the league midfield and playing another position may have been exposed for pace.

I know I have only seen Waterman 2 maybe three times a year this and last year but honestly he aint anything special. He is like a lot of players going around at WAFL level, gets lots of kicks but on his terms and not always to the teams benefit. Nelson, Payne et al are all good WAFL players but at AFL level not sure!

Hardisty any time over him!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Last edit: by Grump.

Showgrounds 9 years 9 months ago #46250

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
I'm inclined to agree Grump Waterman is a long way away. As an Weagles supporter I hope they don't draft either Hardisty or Waterman the last thing we need is more slow midget midfielders.

Showgrounds 9 years 9 months ago #46254

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author
ok, interesting. I gotta say I don't get along to the colts so I haven't seen the boy play, I was under the impression he would be a top 20 draft pick and therefore a guaranteed eagles selection. perhaps not though. has me made the all Australian under 18s side?

Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 557 guests and 6 members online

• Success Hill
  • one time only
  • Blackduck
  • Tiger Tales
  • GarlicBreath

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty