Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Claremont oval demolition starts. 10 years 3 months ago #33215

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
All the trees were cut down today,,those big iconic ones behind the goals are all gone, as is the Norfolk pine near the entrance gate,,,bit sad I guess,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Claremont oval demolition starts. 10 years 3 months ago #33219

• Tiger of old
  • Thank you received: 230
Is that right baz? Thought the big pine at the railway entrance could have been kept. Those Moreton bay figs behind the goals have seen a lot footy.

Claremont oval demolition starts. 10 years 3 months ago #33221

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Tiger of old wrote: Is that right baz? Thought the big pine at the railway entrance could have been kept. Those Moreton bay figs behind the goals have seen a lot footy.

Yes mate live in the western suburbs and go past every day on the train to work, yep there was a protest to try and keep the pines, ,I was shocked they were gone, yep your right the big. Figs and those flame trees have bee. A feature for generations,,,all gone now.

Claremont oval demolition starts. 10 years 3 months ago #33229

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 129
Hopefully plant some more in areas that will see them survive for a 100 years or so. Great for kids to play on and had the benefit of letting me concentrate on the footy.

Lathlain has got some great trees as well Hope they dont loose them when the developement takes place out there.
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Claremont oval demolition starts. 10 years 3 months ago #33241

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Time For a Flag wrote: Hopefully plant some more in areas that will see them survive for a 100 years or so. Great for kids to play on and had the benefit of letting me concentrate on the footy.

Lathlain has got some great trees as well Hope they dont loose them when the developement takes place out there.

yeah shame to see them go mate. problem is they take 50 years to grow, the norfolk pine was about 80 yrs old apparently it was a real landmark as you walked in..real pity.

mate there wont be much room for trees of grassy banks at the new claremont, it will be all built over.

yeah lathlain is a good one, actually Perth Oval was one of my favs, had heaps, all stuffed up now with the soccer.

at least the big morton bay fig at freo is heritage listed.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Claremont oval demolition starts. 10 years 3 months ago #33245

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Bazza wrote:

Time For a Flag wrote: Hopefully plant some more in areas that will see them survive for a 100 years or so. Great for kids to play on and had the benefit of letting me concentrate on the footy.

yeah shame to see them go mate. problem is they take 50 years to grow, the norfolk pine was about 80 yrs old apparently it was a real landmark as you walked in..real pity.

mate there wont be much room for trees of grassy banks at the new claremont, it will be all built over.

yeah lathlain is a good one, actually Perth Oval was one of my favs, had heaps, all stuffed up now with the soccer.

at least the big morton bay fig at freo is heritage listed.

It a bloody good point boys, those trees (if they could talk) would have seen some seriously good footballers strut their stuff over time.

Claremont oval demolition starts. 10 years 3 months ago #33257

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
What the one's at Lathlain??
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Claremont oval demolition starts. 10 years 3 months ago #33261

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
That's a pity Baz .... you sort of get used to certain landmarks over the years I guess , shame the developers couldn't incorporate or preserve the original appearance in this case.

Claremont oval demolition starts. 10 years 3 months ago #33265

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Southerner wrote: That's a pity Baz .... you sort of get used to certain landmarks over the years I guess , shame the developers couldn't incorporate or preserve the original appearance in this case.

Thats right mate, hey remember when they pulled down the historic old red brick entrance gates at freo oval in the 80;s - a real piece of WAFL culture gone.

Claremont oval demolition starts. 10 years 3 months ago #33268

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
mmmmm yeah ..... not all that sure why either really .... still I guess there is Gero's statue I suppose

Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 507 guests and 5 members online

• Success Hill
  • one time only
  • Blackduck
  • Tiger Tales

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync