Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Claremont Gains & Losses 2014 10 years 5 months ago #30740

• Jimmy Boag
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Gains:
Royal Show Ground

Losses:
Claremont Oval
Paul Medhurst
Chad Jones
More retirements & players travelling, Colts being drafted & club being shafted by East Perth & Peel alignment

Possible gains:
Tom ledger ( delisted)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Claremont Gains & Losses 2014 10 years 5 months ago #30744

• Tiger of old
  • Thank you received: 230
I give up. Twice i've written lengthy replies to this topic but keep getting shafted by some US based web server problem whenever i try to submit

Claremont Gains & Losses 2014 10 years 5 months ago #30745

• Tiger of old
Tried a third time, this time i got the session expired bullshit. Jeez i was writing for maybe ten minutes - does anybody else ever have that problem?

Claremont Gains & Losses 2014 10 years 5 months ago #30933

• Jimmy Boag
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Gains:
Losses:
Medhurst, Jones & Crawford-all retired
Richardson, Thomson & Andrews-all travelling
Possible gains:
Tom Swift, Tom Ledger
Possible losses:
Browne (pending operation on shoulder), Foster
Tiger Of Old?

Last edit: by Jimmy Boag. Reason: forgot

Claremont Gains & Losses 2014 10 years 5 months ago #30949

• Tiger of old
Add Schammer and Handley to possible retirements i would say. Massive turnover of players. Players i hope the club is looking at to try and remain competitive next year:
Tom Derricks: after 3 seasons at richmond for a game or two i presume he has been delisted? 200cm and 100 plus kg, the 2010 grand final player would be an ideal replacement for Andrews and more than handy back up to Seaby.
Jacob Derricks: Toms brother and may want out of east perth. Solid utility who would be an ideal replacement for Handley and can hold down a key position if needed.
Brandon Franz: Premiership full back who played in the south west this year, should be a priority target with the loss of key defenders Crawford and Thomson.
Matt Orzel: former club stalwart, tough as old boots, get him back.
Brad Nisbett: Son of Satan but a tough ball getter.
Tom Willet: Biggish utility, one of those players who just couldn't nail down a league spot in a really strong era, could stroll into the league side next year if he comes back to wafl.

Claremont Gains & Losses 2014 10 years 5 months ago #30950

• Jimmy Boag
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
What's the "go" with Webb? Both the West and Sunday Times have reported he's on the short list to get a gig at West Coast.
Hope the club goes after Gilligan, Andrew Ruck, Starling, and a couple of others who couldn't crack the league side in the last 3 or 4 years.

Claremont Gains & Losses 2014 10 years 5 months ago #30952

• Tiger of old
I'm not too concerned about losing Webb, has never really impressed me, and i know that is pretty harsh judgement considering he is a premiership coach. I'd be surprised if he gets a west coast position, he is still a very inexperienced coach. A new coach for a new era could be a good fit.
Gilligan would be great but is unlikely i would have thought, forgot about Starling, wonder how his knee is after an extended rest i think. Had loads of talent, that hang he took at Leederville against east perth about 3 years ago was as good as you'll see.

Last edit: by Tiger of old.

Claremont Gains & Losses 2014 10 years 5 months ago #31089

• Jimmy Boag
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Currently "suffering withdrawal symptoms"....need footy news! Tiger of old & old boy, heard anything player wise & coach wise?
Hopefully the "powers that be" touch base with McPhee who may know of quality Vic players that may be keen to move.
Wonder if Darren Harris is in the frame?

Claremont Gains & Losses 2014 10 years 5 months ago #31125

• Tiger of old
Heard nothing. Bit concerning how quiet we seem to be on the recruiting front at the moment. If we're gonna have something like 12 or 13 new league spots next year we need 4 or 5 of them to be handy new recruits if we want to remain competitive. There simply wasn't alot talent running around in the reserves this year and colts generally take a couple of seasons to become league regulars. Not having a coach doesn't help i suppose. This golden era not only came to a sudden stop, but now the wheels are starting to fall off!

Claremont Gains & Losses 2014 10 years 5 months ago #31214

• Jimmy Boag
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Gains:
Swift ( I think?)
Possible Gains:
Ledger

Losses:
Medhurst, Jones, Crawford, Browne, Schammer, Foster (all retired), Richardson, Thomson, Andrews (all travelling)
Possible losses:
Handley ( undecided)

Good news with the losses.....they're all starters in our best 22 :( :angry: :ohmy: :unsure: :silly: :blink: :oops: :S :pinch: :woohoo:
Looking forward to season 2014.....oh yeah! :woohoo:

Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 361 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes