Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 6 months ago #28953

• Tiger of old
  • Thank you received: 230
This rain can keep on coming all night I say. I think it works in our favour. It's no secret we're a slow team and slow teams like slow surfaces. After the colts and reserves games tomorrow the ground should be pretty chopped up. Lucky it's not at leederville though, that would be looking similar to moorabbin 1980.
Interesting to note that we will be an afl player free side tomorrow. A win for us will be a win for the wafl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 6 months ago #28957

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

Tiger of old wrote: This rain can keep on coming all night I say. I think it works in our favour. It's no secret we're a slow team and slow teams like slow surfaces. After the colts and reserves games tomorrow the ground should be pretty chopped up. Lucky it's not at leederville though, that would be looking similar to moorabbin 1980.
Interesting to note that we will be an afl player free side tomorrow. A win for us will be a win for the wafl.

How many ex AFL listed players TOO???

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 6 months ago #29031

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Go the Monts... Get rid of those Feral pretenders..
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 6 months ago #29033

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
Just what the WAFL needs Claremont into another grand final. If Claremont, West Perth, Swans and East Freo are the top four for the next decade we can all slap ourselves on the back and say what a wonderful fair competition we have. Once the alignment mess is sorted out I am an advocate for a change in the zone system.

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 6 months ago #29034

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

ROYAL 2019 wrote: Just what the WAFL needs Claremont into another grand final. If Claremont, West Perth, Swans and East Freo are the top four for the next decade we can all slap ourselves on the back and say what a wonderful fair competition we have. Once the alignment mess is sorted out I am an advocate for a change in the zone system.

Why would you include Swans & WP in that 4???
SF are going for 3 Colts flags in a row do you realise!! :blink:

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 6 months ago #29036

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
SF have Colts and Ressies into the GF. The club has a good future with these players comming through.
In the next couple of years I see SF becomming a front runner in the League.
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Last edit: by Cardy.

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 6 months ago #29038

• ROYAL 2019
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 40
You may be right Cardy but look at the Perth situation, decent colts strong reserves for quite some time yet they struggle. You need the top calibre AFL and ex AFL talent to do anything.

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 6 months ago #29043

• Jimmy Boag
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
You need a decent club culture, by that, a culture in which players want to stay and return.
Well done to the Colts in winning the preliminary final by 60 points.
Interesting Roayl2019, you say your club has done the right thing, yet your username has 2019 the year the agreement lapses. :whistle:

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 6 months ago #29044

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36

ROYAL 2019 wrote: Just what the WAFL needs Claremont into another grand final. If Claremont, West Perth, Swans and East Freo are the top four for the next decade we can all slap ourselves on the back and say what a wonderful fair competition we have. Once the alignment mess is sorted out I am an advocate for a change in the zone system.

Another bleated about the zone system. You guys really do amaze me.

For the record...SD were deplorable this season in the colts and WP weren't much better. EF didn't make the finals.

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 6 months ago #29056

• Jimmy Boag
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Well done East Perth, players wanted it more than us and dawson outcoached webb.
Couldn't work out in the first quarter kicking with a 4 goal breaze our half backline sat 5-10 metres off the East Perth half forwards!
Johnson,Lee and Wolfe killed us. Too many passengers, looked really tired and not interested. Young Breakey to tagg Selwood-huge call on the kid. Jones, Medhurst and Rich one touch between them in the first tells a story.
Reckon Wolfe will have a holiday with his head high hit on Laurie.
Listening to 990AM near the scoreboard Crabby reckons at least 10 players out of todaqys 22 will retire, that's one hell of a lot of positions to fill.
End of an era....3 GFs in 3 years for two premierships...can't complain too much we've been spoilt.
Looks ominous for the WAFL next year, East Perth look like they're turning a corner and will be a force for quite a few years with the alignment.
Hope West Perth win!!!!

Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 347 guests and one member online

• DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes