Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 7 months ago #28382

• Jimmy Boag
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Let's move on quickly from the 2nd Semi debacle-West Perth should have won by 7-10 goals as I saw it....anyway.....Silvagni should be available given he didn't play for the Dockers and they have a week off, need him & Browne. Give young Hugo Breakey a go, always gives 100%. 4 losses this season, 3 at home..mmmm Maybe it was the loss we needed to have. East Perth will be hard to beat. Go the Monts!
Message for Shimmo & Co....MORE BAR STAFF PLEAS :woohoo: E!!!!!! Only two in the downstairs bar!!!!Think of the money Shimo!
My first post so be nice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 7 months ago #28408

• Tiger of old
  • Thank you received: 230
Too many passengers against west Perth, it was basically then versus richo. Silvagni would be handy against east Perth tall timber if he is released. Would also like to see breaky back in, has a bit of size about him, not much pace or skill but his hard work in close creates space for our other midfielders and slows the opposition down. Hard decisions to be made on medhurst and Jones, they've been struggling. Hopefully all this forecast rain arrives this week, a slow and slippery surface suits us, like it did against swans a few weeks ago, our best performance of the season.
And move some of the pretty young girls working in the top bar down to the bottom bar.

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 7 months ago #28409

• Ol Boy
  • Thank you received: 0
TOO how was our backline under seige I bet ?? I see you mentioned Silvagni who would you drop from our back 6 for him to come in in your opinion ??

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 7 months ago #28412

• Tiger of old
  • Thank you received: 230
I would drop chad Jones, would be a tough call on a fine servant but that's how footy goes sometimes. Perhaps give Andrews more time in the ruck and seaby more time up forward if Jones ain't there.

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 7 months ago #28419

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Tiger of old wrote: Too many passengers against west Perth, it was basically then versus richo. Silvagni would be handy against east Perth tall timber if he is released. Would also like to see breaky back in, has a bit of size about him, not much pace or skill but his hard work in close creates space for our other midfielders and slows the opposition down. Hard decisions to be made on medhurst and Jones, they've been struggling. Hopefully all this forecast rain arrives this week, a slow and slippery surface suits us, like it did against swans a few weeks ago, our best performance of the season.
And move some of the pretty young girls working in the top bar down to the bottom bar.

I agree Claremont were brilliant that day against Swans as we didnt play that bad but still lost by 59 points. You blokes were obviously a mile away from that effort against WP yesterday as I reckon you blokes are at least a 6 goal better side than them.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 7 months ago #28426

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Tiger of old wrote: Too many passengers against west Perth, it was basically then versus richo. Silvagni would be handy against east Perth tall timber if he is released. Would also like to see breaky back in, has a bit of size about him, not much pace or skill but his hard work in close creates space for our other midfielders and slows the opposition down. Hard decisions to be made on medhurst and Jones, they've been struggling. Hopefully all this forecast rain arrives this week, a slow and slippery surface suits us, like it did against swans a few weeks ago, our best performance of the season.

I agree Claremont were brilliant that day against Swans as we didnt play that bad but still lost by 59 points. You blokes were obviously a mile away from that effort against WP yesterday as I reckon you blokes are at least a 6 goal better side than them.

BH, thats a Harding/Ames like comment ! We have lost twice to CL by 19 points and won by 3 on the 2nd Semi, how do you pluck "at least a 6 goal better side" ???

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 7 months ago #28428

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Leedy wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

BH, thats a Harding/Ames like comment ! We have lost twice to CL by 19 points and won by 3 on the 2nd Semi, how do you pluck "at least a 6 goal better side" ???

Just an observation from the 30 odd games I have seen this year mate not meant as a slight on WP just when Cl are on song they are around a 6 goal better side than all of us!

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 7 months ago #28441

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
2 things that seem to be predominate in this forum - the Tiggers supporters are more concerned abt the service at the bar than the football & every side is limited by the other sides ability to play and it would seem that WP limited the Tiggers on that day!

What happens this week will be determined by the same principle, how well each side is at limiting the dominating players, - how well the mid fielders match up, have the tiggers go enough to cover and vice versa - how well the backlines can stop the scoring potential etc etc.

For me it will be who plays it the toughest (not dirty) throughout the game and if is is a tough scrappy encounter then I think we can get the result, again speed versus hardness, and I am not suggesting the tiggers are soft but that we maybe getting back to the hardness of old!

Dawsons opening comment to players and support staff was that it is better to be strong at the end of the season than at the start and I think he has got us at that point.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 7 months ago #28492

• Jimmy Boag
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
If Silvagni does play then I'd be tempted to play Laurie at CHF. He was our best player on Sunday for us as I saw it, took several strong marks and Silvagni plays his best football in the back line. Chuck Seaby in the forward line, if you're going to drop someone, then Hamp, Jones or Medhurst are the candidates, but probably comes down to Hamp or Jones, keep Medhurst if it gets down to those three, Medhurst can turn a game in 5 minutes when he switches on. Thought our backline was responsible for keeping us in the game, we really should have been blown away given the number of inside 50s WP had, our midfield was down due to the forward line leaking the ball. Young Browne for WP killed us with his rebound.
Thought Murphy, Foster & Blackwell were down on their usual impact/influence, hopefully they lift this Sunday.

Preliminary Final: Claremont V East Perth 10 years 7 months ago #28495

• Jimmy Boag
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Pretty sure it's David Crawford's 200th game this week.

Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 383 guests and 2 members online

• Sand Surfer

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977