Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Foxtel Cup CLA V West Adelaide 10 years 8 months ago #22247

• Cardy
  • Cardy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Heres the teams for Tuesday night.. All the best to the WA Tigers
A win would be nice so we then have a EF V CLA Final and they will both come away with some good money for the win and Runners up.

FOXTEL CUP SEMI-FINAL Teams lineup -
Can the Claremont Tigers make it an all WA Final?
West Adelaide (SANFL) v Claremont (WAFL)
At AAMI Stadium, 8.05pm
Broadcast Live on Fox Footy Channel

WEST ADELAIDE
F: Birss, Webb, Beech
HF: Bonney, Still, Rankine
C: Schott, Schmidt, Ezard
HB: Caire, Kirk, Mangan
B: A. Anderson, Eagle, Thompson
R: P. Nelson, Macreadie, Tuck
INT: Schiller, Slattery, Dijksman, Favretto
EMG: Ferguson, Middleton, Hopton

CLAREMONT
F: Bradshaw, Richardson, Fong
HF: Medhurst, Hamp, Winmar
C: Edwards, Daniher, T. Taylor
HB: Goyder, Thomson, Laurie
B: B. Taylor, Cronin, Crawford
R: Andrews, Breakley, Neates
INT: Davies, Cameron, Lamont, Cristinelli
EMG: Murphy

The game will be live on Fox.. A replay will be available 24 hours later at

www.afl.com.au/fixture/foxtelcup
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Cardy.

Foxtel Cup CLA V West Adelaide 10 years 8 months ago #22249

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Handy site for the Foxtel showing previous games etc.
Seems Wests thrashed Port Adelaide to get to this game.. Could be a hard one

www.afl.com.au/fixture/foxtelcup

West Adelaide 3rd on Ladder in SANFL

www.sanfl.com.au/league/ladders/

If you want to look at team stats.. Just click on player at this Site www.sanfl.com.au/league/ladders/

And finally the West Adelaide website

www.westadelaidefc.com.au/

Foxtel Cup CLA V West Adelaide 10 years 8 months ago #22250

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
A article on the game.. Worth a read

BLOODS EYE FOXTEL CUP DECIDER
15/07/2013 4:02:56 PM

By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

West Adelaide is seeking redemption against Claremont in Tuesday night’s Foxtel Cup semi-final at AAMI Stadium.

Still stinging after last year’s 101-point hiding from the Tigers at Subiaco, Bloods coach Andy Collins has vowed to put in a much stronger display from 8.05pm.

And with star midfielder Chris Schmidt added to the side which smashed Port Melbourne at the MCG last month, West will take on a vastly different look than it did in the 2012 Foxtel Cup.

‘’We will have a stronger line-up,’’ Collins said.

‘’Particularly with Claremont destroying us last year when we took a young, kids team over there (Perth), we are fielding a really good team (in comparison).

‘’We’ve chosen our best 18 players available with a couple of emerging youngsters who could arguably be in our senior team at the moment anyway considering they are playing so well.’’

Magarey Medallist James Ezard (shoulder) and key forward Michael Still (virus) have overcome the restrictions which held them back from playing against the Eagles on Saturday to be named in the Bloods’ 22-man team.

West captain Ryan Ferguson has been named as an emergency as Collins will let the former Melbourne defender take as long as he needs to decide if he’s fit enough to play after just two full days of rest.

‘’We’ll just see how Fergy recovers as he is 31 years of age,’’ Collins said.

‘’He has indicated he would like to play if he recovers well. Some days on a Tuesday he is still a bit sore but on others he is ready to do full training.’’

Promising youngsters Tom Schott and Josh Schiller – who performed well in Saturday’s win – will back up against the Tigers while SA Under-18 squad members Nick Favretto and Ryan Dijksman have been named on a four-man interchange bench.

Claremont – coached by Marc Webb – will be bolstered by the presence of former Collingwood and Fremantle forward Paul Medhurst while former West Coast Eagle Ryan Neates will return after being hindered by a knee ailment.

Collins said a positive to come from last year’s thumping from the Tigers was some extra intelligence on the WAFL’s reinging premier.

‘’I got a look at Claremont then so I know some of their players a lot better than I did last year,’’ Collins said.

‘’On top of that, I feel like I know their game style a little bit better. In regards to the humiliation (last year), it is nice just to be able to play them on our deck and let them travel to us.

‘’I am hoping we will really bring our A-game to the party.’’

FOXTEL CUP SEMI-FINAL

At AAMI Stadium, 8.05pm
Live on Fox Footy Channel

WEST ADELAIDE

CLAREMONT

Foxtel Cup CLA V West Adelaide 10 years 8 months ago #22260

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Cardy wrote: A article on the game.. Worth a read

BLOODS EYE FOXTEL CUP DECIDER
15/07/2013 4:02:56 PM

By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

West Adelaide is seeking redemption against Claremont in Tuesday night’s Foxtel Cup semi-final at AAMI Stadium.

Still stinging after last year’s 101-point hiding from the Tigers at Subiaco, Bloods coach Andy Collins has vowed to put in a much stronger display from 8.05pm.

And with star midfielder Chris Schmidt added to the side which smashed Port Melbourne at the MCG last month, West will take on a vastly different look than it did in the 2012 Foxtel Cup.

‘’We will have a stronger line-up,’’ Collins said.

‘’Particularly with Claremont destroying us last year when we took a young, kids team over there (Perth), we are fielding a really good team (in comparison).

‘’We’ve chosen our best 18 players available with a couple of emerging youngsters who could arguably be in our senior team at the moment anyway considering they are playing so well.’’

Magarey Medallist James Ezard (shoulder) and key forward Michael Still (virus) have overcome the restrictions which held them back from playing against the Eagles on Saturday to be named in the Bloods’ 22-man team.

West captain Ryan Ferguson has been named as an emergency as Collins will let the former Melbourne defender take as long as he needs to decide if he’s fit enough to play after just two full days of rest.

‘’We’ll just see how Fergy recovers as he is 31 years of age,’’ Collins said.

‘’He has indicated he would like to play if he recovers well. Some days on a Tuesday he is still a bit sore but on others he is ready to do full training.’’

Promising youngsters Tom Schott and Josh Schiller – who performed well in Saturday’s win – will back up against the Tigers while SA Under-18 squad members Nick Favretto and Ryan Dijksman have been named on a four-man interchange bench.

Claremont – coached by Marc Webb – will be bolstered by the presence of former Collingwood and Fremantle forward Paul Medhurst while former West Coast Eagle Ryan Neates will return after being hindered by a knee ailment.

Collins said a positive to come from last year’s thumping from the Tigers was some extra intelligence on the WAFL’s reinging premier.

‘’I got a look at Claremont then so I know some of their players a lot better than I did last year,’’ Collins said.

‘’On top of that, I feel like I know their game style a little bit better. In regards to the humiliation (last year), it is nice just to be able to play them on our deck and let them travel to us.

‘’I am hoping we will really bring our A-game to the party.’’

FOXTEL CUP SEMI-FINAL

At AAMI Stadium, 8.05pm
Live on Fox Footy Channel

WEST ADELAIDE

CLAREMONT

Hmmmm for a side that supposedly "layed down" vs Swans on Saturday there is an awful amount of changes to their side!
No players of the calibre of Blackwell, Foster, Seaby, Murphy, Browne, C.Jones, Yu, Holt, Smith, Williams et al named I see so you would have to wonder why these blokes were supposedly "laying down" knowing full well they were not going to be playing for another couple of weeks!! :whistle:

Foxtel Cup CLA V West Adelaide 10 years 8 months ago #22263

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Get over it and move on BH.. It was meant in fun and a bit of stirring. :) I was fully aware of the side CLA fielded on Saturday and it was close to full strength.. Talk about Thin skins at SD. Surprised George didnt ban me from the site :unsure:
Now can we stay on topic

Foxtel Cup CLA V West Adelaide 10 years 8 months ago #22282

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373
Is it wrong for me to support West Adelaide tonight. I'm a West Aussie but I'll be darned if I'm gonna support Claremont in any game of footy. "GO" the other team unless of course Warren Ralph and/or Allen Daniels played for them too!!! I will have to let go of this childhood garnered hatred one day.....but not today. If only I could afford counselling B)

Foxtel Cup CLA V West Adelaide 10 years 8 months ago #22285

• SFFC4ever
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
yep im with you DE, cant stand those pathetic petticoat wearing, handbag carrying, chardonnay sipping po?fs...

Foxtel Cup CLA V West Adelaide 10 years 8 months ago #22286

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dirty Weekender wrote: Is it wrong for me to support West Adelaide tonight. I'm a West Aussie but I'll be darned if I'm gonna support Claremont in any game of footy. "GO" the other team unless of course Warren Ralph and/or Allen Daniels played for them too!!! I will have to let go of this childhood garnered hatred one day.....but not today. If only I could afford counselling B)

Well DW cast your mind back to 1982, 1983, 1990 and 2010 Grand Finals and see if you are happy that Claremont played in those matches against us.

Foxtel Cup CLA V West Adelaide 10 years 8 months ago #22291

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
i will support the wafl over the sanfl any day.

but considering claremont have obviously declared their intentions by sending over almost a reserves side, i would expect west adelaide to win. or at least they probably should.

Foxtel Cup CLA V West Adelaide 10 years 8 months ago #22296

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

SFFC4ever wrote: yep im with you DE, cant stand those pathetic petticoat wearing, handbag carrying, chardonnay sipping po?fs...

yep, that's how I remember Warren Ralph!!!

Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 300 guests and 3 members online

• Whitey
  • Blackduck
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes