Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Mid season AFL Rookie draft 4 years 10 months ago #168969

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

BC wrote: If it's good enough for the SANFL to be up in arms about it plus commentators like Cornes and journos such as Townsend, where's the limp wristed WAFC when you need them. I would also have thought my club, Souths and Easts to have made statements of disapproval as well.

Totally agree here. We seem to just bend over and accept anything put up by the AFL without any protest or regard for the integrity of the WAFL competition. Time to stand up for our competition WAFL people!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mid season AFL Rookie draft 4 years 10 months ago #168970

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
It's just a draft of total insignificance. They just keeping adding just like they do with the rule changes. All they had to do, if at all, have a trade period amongst themselves and not rape the state leagues where players are set in their programmes for the season. The WAFC are muppets. They follow the AFL & Weagles like sheep.

Mid season AFL Rookie draft 4 years 10 months ago #168971

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193
the Victorian league announced it's decision to hold another draft mid-season - the WAFL didn't block it
and they don't appear to have stipulated easement to any clubs affected at such a vital time of the season

Mid season AFL Rookie draft 4 years 10 months ago #168973

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Jjim wrote:

BC wrote: If it's good enough for the SANFL to be up in arms about it plus commentators like Cornes and journos such as Townsend, where's the limp wristed WAFC when you need them. I would also have thought my club, Souths and Easts to have made statements of disapproval as well.

Totally agree here. We seem to just bend over and accept anything put up by the AFL without any protest or regard for the integrity of the WAFL competition. Time to stand up for our competition WAFL people!

Jjim. As Southener said the WAFC didn't even question the proposal. Or even brief the Wafl clubs on the
changes.The Wafc is a State Government body.Looking after the interest of Wa footy.Not sure why people in Melbourne are the puppet masters here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Mid season AFL Rookie draft 4 years 10 months ago #168975

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
gtr: I remember back in the day, they had to play Eagles games on a Sunday. What happened to that I wonder?
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Mid season AFL Rookie draft 4 years 10 months ago #168976

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
At a South Australian parliamentary inquiry into the controversial Adelaide Oval hotel development, AFL general counsel Andrew Dillon was questioned about the impact of the mid-season draft.
"There's no direct compensation. We've got a system where money flows up and down, we provide funding to the SANFL."
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Mid season AFL Rookie draft 4 years 10 months ago #168978

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
DG good one -- people know there is rivalry between the WAFL and the VFL, rivalry which explains why the pro Victorians on the Cpmmission have never advertised the state league.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

Mid season AFL Rookie draft 4 years 10 months ago #168981

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ArkRoyal wrote: gtr: I remember back in the day, they had to play Eagles games on a Sunday. What happened to that I wonder?

Remember that .Changed 2003-04-05 when Channel 9+10 done the AFL.

Mid season AFL Rookie draft 4 years 10 months ago #168982

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DG wrote: At a South Australian parliamentary inquiry into the controversial Adelaide Oval hotel development, AFL general counsel Andrew Dillon was questioned about the impact of the mid-season draft.
"There's no direct compensation. We've got a system where money flows up and down, we provide funding t
o the SANFL."

That's another one DG.The AFL gave zip for a Burswood Stadium. Handed over 40 million for the Adelaide Oval redevelopment. Only after the Sanfl agreed to give the AFL the license to the Crows.

Mid season AFL Rookie draft 4 years 10 months ago #168985

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89

ef ceo todd shimmon on sport fm saying he was writing to the afl with his disapproval
www.sportfm.com.au/20190528_todd_shimmon.mp3

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 622 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020