Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Match threads 4 years 11 months ago #167355

• Durtle
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi guys,

Could we create a general game thread for each game on the main WAFL section rather than having two seperate game threads under each team?

For example, a thread in the main WAFL section called...

Swan Districts v Claremont - Sat 4 May 2019 - Channel 7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Match threads 4 years 11 months ago #167383

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
It might get a bit messy Durtle as theoretically you could have 5 threads going at one time under the one WAFL section.

Match threads 4 years 10 months ago #167440

• Durtle
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
At the moment we have 10 threads going at the same time.

If Perth plays Subiaco, there will be a game thread under Perth and a game thread under Subiaco. What people talk in the Perth edition won't be shown in the Subiaco edition.

If there was one thread for the game then both Perth and Subi supporters can discuss the game.

Match threads 4 years 10 months ago #167443

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
It seems to me that there is no need to change the status quo.
What is on the Perth thread is mainly what Perth supporters want to read and the Subi thread is for Subi supporters.
For me I find it easy to follow the Perth thread but I also check in on the opposition thread which is interesting.
The thing here is this...a lot of what is on the opposition thread is not of interest to me so if you only have one thread for the game it will get clogged up.
Just MHO

Match threads 4 years 10 months ago #167446

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
agreed Smokey...and one common thread also has the potential to turn into a shit fight post game between opposition supporters if there's some contentious moments such as umpiring decisions, untidy player episodes and so on.....but a good suggestion Durtle nonetheless.

Last edit: by BC.

Match threads 4 years 10 months ago #167450

• OzFooty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
Thank you for your suggestion Durtle but I think others have answered as I would have. Most supporters like to discuss their won clubs fortunes among themselves while others occasionally migrate over to the other clubs discussion which is usually well received but occasionally gets out of hand. Most here appreciate a bit of good banter.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 401 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes