Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ridiculously late start for WAFL Season 4 years 11 months ago #165741

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
To me having the WAFL start 3 weeks after the AFL is hopeless, it seems the comp is already off the radar with the main game well underway for weeks, I'm pretty sure the SANFL doesn't start this late.

I know they have made the season shorter , but surely there must be a better way than this crazy late start...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ridiculously late start for WAFL Season 4 years 11 months ago #165745

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213
Bazza, the shorter season gives planning a huge dilemma.
Options..... start later or end sooner ?? Start 1 or 2 weeks later or end 1 or 2 weeks sooner.
Whatever decision is taken it wont suit everyone.
Perhaps the solution might be to go back to what we had - a 20 games season, plus finals or extend to a 22 games but that would mean we have byes along the way again.

Ridiculously late start for WAFL Season 4 years 11 months ago #165747

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250
Certainly not uncommon for the WAFL to start in April. Weather wise makes sense.

Ridiculously late start for WAFL Season 4 years 11 months ago #165748

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

smokey wrote: Bazza, the shorter season gives planning a huge dilemma.
Options..... start later or end sooner ?? Start 1 or 2 weeks later or end 1 or 2 weeks sooner.
Whatever decision is taken it wont suit everyone.
Perhaps the solution might be to go back to what we had - a 20 games season, plus finals or extend to a 22 games but that would mean we have byes along the way again.

Yep it sure does, especially as there is no preseason comp anymore...

It just seems like a very long lead up and delay given the AFL season is almost a month gone before WAFL even kicks off...I reckon go back to 20 games, as the season is just to short

Or what about starting with some split rounds?

Ridiculously late start for WAFL Season 4 years 11 months ago #165749

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ti Em wrote: Certainly not uncommon for the WAFL to start in April. Weather wise makes sense.

Agree about the weather, esp as we have stinkers now late in march like the one just gone.

Ridiculously late start for WAFL Season 4 years 11 months ago #165752

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Yeah I remember as a kid that the season always started in early April, I think it was when Peel came in that the starts gradually worked back to mid march and it was always very hot in the first few rounds. I think they could have probably had round 1 a week earlier ( as in the weekend just gone) as the SANFL started last Saturday I believe.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Ridiculously late start for WAFL Season 4 years 11 months ago #165754

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Yeah I remember as a kid that the season always started in early April, I think it was when Peel came in that the starts gradually worked back to mid march and it was always very hot in the first few round. I think they could have probably had round 1 a week earlier ( as in the weekend just gone) as the SANFL started last Saturday I believe.

Think there was generally 1 weeks difference between all three WAFL VFL SANFL,

WAFL GF was a week before the VFL and SANFL was a week after the VFL...

Ridiculously late start for WAFL Season 4 years 11 months ago #165759

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Bazza wrote:

mikeh wrote: Yeah I remember as a kid that the season always started in early April, I think it was when Peel came in that the starts gradually worked back to mid march and it was always very hot in the first few round. I think they could have probably had round 1 a week earlier ( as in the weekend just gone) as the SANFL started last Saturday I believe.

Think there was generally 1 weeks difference between all three WAFL VFL SANFL,

WAFL GF was a week before the VFL and SANFL was a week after the VFL...

Before the afl it wasn't uncommon for the season to start in april and finish in october

Ridiculously late start for WAFL Season 4 years 11 months ago #165760

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Bazza wrote: To me having the WAFL start 3 weeks after the AFL is hopeless, it seems the comp is already off the radar with the main game well underway for weeks, I'm pretty sure the SANFL doesn't start this late.

I know they have made the season shorter , but surely there must be a better way than this crazy late start...

SANFL started this weekend gone. They are are ahead of us in many ways including their digital pass. Now that we have Optus sponsoring surely we could get something similar ?
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Last edit: by Swandog.

Ridiculously late start for WAFL Season 4 years 11 months ago #165762

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Swandog wrote:

Bazza wrote: To me having the WAFL start 3 weeks after the AFL is hopeless, it seems the comp is already off the radar with the main game well underway for weeks, I'm pretty sure the SANFL doesn't start this late.

SANFL started this weekend gone. They are are aheah of us in many ways including their digital pass. Now that we have Optus sponsoring surely we could get something similar ?

What is the go with the digital pass for sanfl, do they have all games on the net?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 309 guests and one member online

• Mossstreetshark83

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes