Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

No WAFL news in media 5 years 3 weeks ago #165619

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
It's really quite sad to be honest. Let's say trad platforms are dying off anyway - a big assumption given no big paper has fallen over yet anywhere important, then it would have been nice for our paper of record to go out as a paper of record rather than as an ad for channel 7/bash of channel 9 rag. Kerry Stokes is some sort of patriot I thought...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No WAFL news in media 5 years 3 weeks ago #165623

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Beasley Hutton wrote: Barely any WAFL news for months but yet we get a weekly Bush & Burbs update WTF?!?!

Yes 91.3 are really good and must be commended, BH it is more often than not that Hackdorn & Co give us 2 week old news and Im more than certain that the majority of their information comes form the likes of us on Ozfooty.

No WAFL news in media 5 years 3 weeks ago #165624

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Cesspit wrote: Yes a good article DD.
What it says to me is the SANFL clubs are not happy with the mid season draft and other things the AFL have brought in. They want any SANFL players drafted mid season to be able to play for their SANFL club if not selected for AFL duty. I can't imagine any of our Club presidents or CEO's suggesting that. They are all yes men to the AFL, too scared to get on the wrong side of Nisbett and Co.

Cesspit,

Spot on mate, our Presidents don't support the current demographic/Members thoughts. I was in a Carlton United Box for the Norths v Dockers game and all the WAFL presidents were there next door, they were getting buttered up by the AFL fuckers to get there votes :(

No WAFL news in media 5 years 3 weeks ago #165625

• strono
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 89

No WAFL news in media 5 years 3 weeks ago #165632

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

DD wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Barely any WAFL news for months but yet we get a weekly Bush & Burbs update WTF?!?!

You stole my thunder BH and where do the West get this information from? The WAFC club transfers officer. John Townsend was at Lathlain on Saturday walking over to the Claremont huddle at 3qtr time.

He was also at Bassendean on Sat, must be using up his Ch7 fuel card :P
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

No WAFL news in media 5 years 3 weeks ago #165633

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Leedy wrote:

Cesspit wrote: Yes a good article DD.
What it says to me is the SANFL clubs are not happy with the mid season draft and other things the AFL have brought in. They want any SANFL players drafted mid season to be able to play for their SANFL club if not selected for AFL duty. I can't imagine any of our Club presidents or CEO's suggesting that. They are all yes men to the AFL, too scared to get on the wrong side of Nisbett and Co.

Cesspit,

Spot on mate, our Presidents don't support the current demographic/Members thoughts. I was in a Carlton United Box for the Norths v Dockers game and all the WAFL presidents were there next door, they were getting buttered up by the AFL fuckers to get there votes :(

The only lone voice in recent times has been Peter Hodyl, before that Raponi and Hodyl
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

No WAFL news in media 5 years 2 weeks ago #165651

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
There was a preview page in this mornings West. All of the journos tipped West Coast to finish in the top 5 and John Townsend even tipped them to win the flag!

No WAFL news in media 5 years 2 weeks ago #165662

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357

mikeh wrote: There was a preview page in this mornings West. All of the journos tipped West Coast to finish in the top 5 and John Townsend even tipped them to win the flag!

And can be seen here. thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/wafl-2019-seas...d-one-ng-b881152145z
That's about all there has been written.

No WAFL news in media 5 years 2 weeks ago #165692

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

westaussieguy wrote:

mikeh wrote: There was a preview page in this mornings West. All of the journos tipped West Coast to finish in the top 5 and John Townsend even tipped them to win the flag!

And can be seen here. thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/wafl-2019-seas...d-one-ng-b881152145z
That's about all there has been written.

Thanks WAG. I see the coach of the new West Coast team couldn’t be shagged responding. What a blight that organisation has been for this competition

No WAFL news in media 5 years 2 weeks ago #165842

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
I realize I'm straying off topic.
Is bloody fantastic to hear Wafl World is back.....
Have just downloaded the podcast from yesterdays show. Have to download the show because unable to receive Perth radio from rabbit flats.
Then can relax and listen tonight after returning home.
Wafl world has started - let everyone know. Is the only Wafl outlet that I know of.
Many, many thankyou's to SportFM.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 562 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020