Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

No WAFL news in media 5 years 2 days ago #165519

• Jimmy Two Times
  • Jimmy Two Times's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Maybe it’s me, but I noticed there is basically no news about the WAFL in any of the media sources.
With season starting soon, you would think there would be something. In previous years, The West had some WAFL stories in the Saturday;s edition.

If it wasn’t for Oz Footy, I would have no idea what was going on with the competition..
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD, ArkRoyal, CasualObserver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

No WAFL news in media 5 years 2 days ago #165522

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

Jimmy Two Times wrote: Maybe it’s me, but I noticed there is basically no news about the WAFL in any of the media sources.
With season starting soon, you would think there would be something. In previous years, The West had some WAFL stories in the Saturday;s edition.

If it wasn’t for Oz Footy, I would have no idea what was going on with the competition..

Was thinking the same thing JTT. Its almost as if the Wafl has ceased to exist in their eyes. Went looking for the scratch match scores in the sports results section of the west on monday and there was nothing. Do the newspapers realise that their readers are probably the same demographic that follow the WAFL?
The following user(s) said Thank You: CasualObserver

No WAFL news in media 5 years 2 days ago #165523

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 118
There's a new editor at the West, sounds like a younger bloke. Tabloid like headlines are all the go now with him.
Probably never been to a WAFL match. It will be all AFL with him I get the feeling.

No WAFL news in media 5 years 1 day ago #165537

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Barely any WAFL news for months but yet we get a weekly Bush & Burbs update WTF?!?!

No WAFL news in media 5 years 1 day ago #165538

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

Beasley Hutton wrote: Barely any WAFL news for months but yet we get a weekly Bush & Burbs update WTF?!?!

91.3 Sports FM has occasional interviews which are a decent source of information.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

No WAFL news in media 5 years 1 day ago #165541

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ti Em wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Barely any WAFL news for months but yet we get a weekly Bush & Burbs update WTF?!?!

91.3 Sports FM has occasional interviews which are a decent source of information.

I was more meaning Seven/West Ti Em but yes that is true 91.3 Sport FM are a god send for local sport, even 6pr has a weekly WAFL segment.

No WAFL news in media 5 years 1 day ago #165545

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

You stole my thunder BH and where do the West get this information from? The WAFC club transfers officer. John Townsend was at Lathlain on Saturday walking over to the Claremont huddle at 3qtr time.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

No WAFL news in media 5 years 1 day ago #165549

• therealswansman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64

Bush and Burbs is all that will be left if the WAFC / AFL have their way..
Swans already going hell for leather publicising themselves as a community club.
I remember in my time at Kalamunda in the SSMNFL we promoted ourselves as club for the Kalamunda Region.

No WAFL news in media 5 years 1 day ago #165560

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Hardly surprising, there has been less and less each year.

The West ran a pre season WAFL lift out for quite a few years, I think that has stopped, these things only last if there is a sponsor to support them.

WAToday and PerthNow all once had WAFL pages, I think WAToday was the first to drop it, that was about 5 years ago or so, I used to always watch the number of comments or hits and there were bugger all on them, guess that's why they go.

Have a look at the WAFL Twitter and Facebook feeds, they get very little activity from the public, media outlets are monitoring this stuff all the time to see what the public are interested in.

Anyway its still a week away, sure there will be game stories once it gets underway.

As for the pre season. hardly anyone knows its on now, doesn't help there is no actual pre season comp anymore. WAFL Put all the result on Twitter.

Last edit: by Bazza.

No WAFL news in media 5 years 1 day ago #165561

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The WAFL put the pre season scores from the weekend up on social media on the Tuesday, the games were on Saturday.....not good enough!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 323 guests and 4 members online

• Demons Forever
  • one time only
  • Tiger Tales
  • GarlicBreath

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr