Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WAFL re-energised 5 years 2 months ago #163528

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

Tiger Tales wrote: How many players in the WAFL reserves for each club are genuine chances of playing regular League footy and how many are there just making up the numbers to support a Reserves team with little to no prospect of playing league?

So what's the answer to this conundrum in your opinion TT?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFL re-energised 5 years 2 months ago #163532

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

Tiger Tales wrote: How many players in the WAFL reserves for each club are genuine chances of playing regular League footy and how many are there just making up the numbers to support a Reserves team with little to no prospect of playing league?

Seeing's it's a question I would guess about half, question back. Is the number now so drastically different now to what it was 20/30 years ago? When some clubs were at the peak of their powers sure, it could have been 2/3rds, maybe more? Perhaps for some of those clubs down the bottom end of the ladder not so. Point being lets not pick a club from the early 1980's and talk about their reserves depth when they were top of the ladder (or close to it in both grades), maybe pick a club from the bottom of the ladder from the early 1980's (in both grades) and then ask the same question.

WAFL re-energised 5 years 2 months ago #163540

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
I don't know why anybody would want to wreck another club

WAFL re-energised 5 years 2 months ago #163941

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135

BC wrote:

So what's the answer to this conundrum in your opinion TT?

Claremont had 40 players run out for the League team in 2018.
23 played 10+ games
6 played 5 - 9 games
11 played 1 - 4 games

I'd suggest there's 30-35 players at most clubs likely to play regular league footy (5+ games per season) with the rest of the senior squad.

Guess we will find out in the next couple of seasons but I reckon that when the clubs and WAFC look at the Reserves competition costs v benefits, then unfortunately the competition is in trouble.

BH the WAFL already loses plenty of League and top end Reserves players to the bush or Ammos. The Ammos and a number of WACFLs are introducing players points systems that might reduce the talent drain on the WAFL.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 256 guests and 2 members online

• TheRock
  • Ted Nugent

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest