OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 154 guests and one member online

  • Dingo

Newest Footy Recruits

  • the observer
  • SFCdiehard
  • crows
  • Gosnells Football Club
  • mike stanley
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
14 Jan 2019
Memories From Yesteryear....Darren Klemm(Claremont)
Read More...

TOPIC: If we want to change the point system then ....

If we want to change the point system then .... 1 month 1 week ago #161204

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5263
  • Thank you received: 774
Provide a link Gtr...that sounds like something your good mate Sean would make up. Let's make some comparisons...Subi from 2003 to 2018 played in 12 GF's for 7 flags. Claremont from 1981 to 1996 played in 11 GF's for 6 flags....EP from 1956 to 1972 played in 12 GFs for 4 flags....all comparable timeframes and results and still the WAFL goes on and the world continues to exist. You bogans need to worry about dragging your own club up a notch or 2 and stop targeting mine. If I were you Sean, I'd be more concerned about the impact your pathological negativity is having on this site than what effect Subi is having on the WAFL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If we want to change the point system then .... 1 month 1 week ago #161205

  • gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1987
  • Thank you received: 757

BC wrote: Provide a link Gtr...that sounds like something your good mate Sean would make up. Let's make some comparisons...Subi from 2003 to 2018 played in 12 GF's for 7 flags. Claremont from 1981 to 1996 played in 11 GF's for 6 flags....EP from 1956 to 1972 played in 12 GFs for 4 flags....all comparable timeframes and results and still the WAFL goes on and the world continues to exist. You bogans need to worry about dragging your own club up a notch or 2 and stop targeting mine. If I were you Sean, I'd be more concerned about the impact your pathological negativity is having on this site than what effect Subi is having on the WAFL.

Don't you remember that investigation a few years ago.It was all found to be legit by the Wafc.Did Phil Reid and Daniel Chick start security company's from interest free loans.To be honest I think I did read it on here a few years ago .lol.Don't remember who said it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

If we want to change the point system then .... 1 month 1 week ago #161206

  • Tiger Tales
  • Tiger Tales's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 235
  • Thank you received: 67
It's a really easy fix.

Salary caps have never and will never be effective on their own.

The Points system is where the problem lies as the current model isn't restrictive enough.

The Points need to be calculated on the 22 players that run out in each League game and not just across the Senior squad.

The WAAFL has just introduced a Player Points System along with a number of WACFLs

We shouldn't be looking to make Subi worse but create a more competitive competition by improving the other 9 teams

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tiger Tales.

If we want to change the point system then .... 1 month 1 week ago #161208

  • chaddy22
  • chaddy22's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 653
  • Thank you received: 63

BC wrote: Provide a link Gtr...that sounds like something your good mate Sean would make up. Let's make some comparisons...Subi from 2003 to 2018 played in 12 GF's for 7 flags. Claremont from 1981 to 1996 played in 11 GF's for 6 flags....EP from 1956 to 1972 played in 12 GFs for 4 flags....all comparable timeframes and results and still the WAFL goes on and the world continues to exist. You bogans need to worry about dragging your own club up a notch or 2 and stop targeting mine. If I were you Sean, I'd be more concerned about the impact your pathological negativity is having on this site than what effect Subi is having on the WAFL.

Bc it's a bit ridiculous you trying to compare Subi's era to East Perth's.In the 50's and 60's clubs didn't have country zones.From memory we got Syd Jackson from bunbury,Brian Mcgregor from Kalgoorlie,Mal Brown was a dowerin boy and Keith Doncon from Wickepin.Also recruits from interstate like Neil Hawke,Ralph Rogerson and Kevin Murray.There were also areas that were not assigned to any club.I had a friend who lived in the Beckenham area of the south murray suburban league which was no mans land.Hec Srempel was a good recruiter.The fact that subi can recruit a player from a struggling club shows why something must be done.Before the alignment teams eagles and dockers were assigned to every club but towards the end not to teams who played in the finals the year before.I don't think a team who won the grand final should be able to recruit from other wafl clubs.I also had this view when Claremont last won a premiership and duly recruited mark Seaby.I am sure West Perth could have used him that year..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by chaddy22.

If we want to change the point system then .... 1 month 1 week ago #161221

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6550
  • Thank you received: 796

chaddy22 wrote:

BC wrote: Provide a link Gtr...that sounds like something your good mate Sean would make up. Let's make some comparisons...Subi from 2003 to 2018 played in 12 GF's for 7 flags. Claremont from 1981 to 1996 played in 11 GF's for 6 flags....EP from 1956 to 1972 played in 12 GFs for 4 flags....all comparable timeframes and results and still the WAFL goes on and the world continues to exist. You bogans need to worry about dragging your own club up a notch or 2 and stop targeting mine. If I were you Sean, I'd be more concerned about the impact your pathological negativity is having on this site than what effect Subi is having on the WAFL.

Bc it's a bit ridiculous you trying to compare Subi's era to East Perth's.In the 50's and 60's clubs didn't have country zones.From memory we got Syd Jackson from bunbury,Brian Mcgregor from Kalgoorlie,Mal Brown was a dowerin boy and Keith Doncon from Wickepin.Also recruits from interstate like Neil Hawke,Ralph Rogerson and Kevin Murray.There were also areas that were not assigned to any club.I had a friend who lived in the Beckenham area of the south murray suburban league which was no mans land.Hec Srempel was a good recruiter.The fact that subi can recruit a player from a struggling club shows why something must be done.Before the alignment teams eagles and dockers were assigned to every club but towards the end not to teams who played in the finals the year before.I don't think a team who won the grand final should be able to recruit from other wafl clubs.I also had this view when Claremont last won a premiership and duly recruited mark Seaby.I am sure West Perth could have used him that year..


C22 Pac-man's comments are quite ridiculous. To compare the standing that the WAFL had in the 50s, 60s and 70s with the current standing of the WAFL is extraordinary. How Pac-man thinks that having one dominant club with a dominance that shows no signs of diminishing in the foreseeable future is conducive to increasing the support for the WAFL is impossible to understand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If we want to change the point system then .... 1 month 1 week ago #161228

  • Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1645
  • Thank you received: 142
OK back onto the topic.

The points process for recruits seems from comments (or my interpretation which will always be a bit suss) is that there should be a weighting for clubs who finish in the top four the previous season. So premiers get 3 extra points for any recruit, 2 and 3 get 2 and fourth get one. This applies to any player coming back to the wafl from AFL, any player coming from lesser comps like VFL, SANFL, Ammos etc or moving from one WAFL club to another.

The salary process is set on the list as at 1 March each season with each club providing that to the WAFC and is NOT subject to change unless special circumstances apply and are agreed to by a panel made up of three club CEO's and a WAFC board member, The list is published and the TOTAL salary plan is also published - so club A has 50 players and will spend $103k for the season ( only the WAFC know what each players is paid) - Club B has 48 players being paid $103K and so on.

The circumstances which would apply is when a player retires or gets sacked, is placed on an IR list (long term injury over 6 weeks) in this IR case the club which would still have some obligation to continue that players salary can get another player and are allowed to pay the new player upto a set amount for each game they play ressies or league. When the player resumes FULL training and is fit the replacement players is delisted. Clubs would need to publish a list of probable replacements at seasons start.

At the end of the season the WAFC then do the due diligence on what the lists were and the amounts paid and that is published. ALL group cert's ( oops old term at the time of writing could not recall new terminology) are issued by the WAFC unless it is WP which would be issued by the State government (only joshing). This would allow an audit process of what is said and what is reality cos you do not want to annoy the ATO.

The last point any person listed and employed by a club as a coach CANNOT play more than three games per year and ALL coaches must be listed on the player list provided and published by the WAFC. In addition any wife or partner employed by a club in any capacity must be employed full time so no Diesel Williams crap!

The biggest flaws for me is the under the table cash, the white goods, rent etc but that will always be the fly in the ointment.

Rip to shreds at your leisure but please try to be on topic!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If we want to change the point system then .... 1 month 1 week ago #161242

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6550
  • Thank you received: 796

Grump wrote: OK back onto the topic.

The points process for recruits seems from comments (or my interpretation which will always be a bit suss) is that there should be a weighting for clubs who finish in the top four the previous season. So premiers get 3 extra points for any recruit, 2 and 3 get 2 and fourth get one. This applies to any player coming back to the wafl from AFL, any player coming from lesser comps like VFL, SANFL, Ammos etc or moving from one WAFL club to another.

The salary process is set on the list as at 1 March each season with each club providing that to the WAFC and is NOT subject to change unless special circumstances apply and are agreed to by a panel made up of three club CEO's and a WAFC board member, The list is published and the TOTAL salary plan is also published - so club A has 50 players and will spend $103k for the season ( only the WAFC know what each players is paid) - Club B has 48 players being paid $103K and so on.

The circumstances which would apply is when a player retires or gets sacked, is placed on an IR list (long term injury over 6 weeks) in this IR case the club which would still have some obligation to continue that players salary can get another player and are allowed to pay the new player upto a set amount for each game they play ressies or league. When the player resumes FULL training and is fit the replacement players is delisted. Clubs would need to publish a list of probable replacements at seasons start.

At the end of the season the WAFC then do the due diligence on what the lists were and the amounts paid and that is published. ALL group cert's ( oops old term at the time of writing could not recall new terminology) are issued by the WAFC unless it is WP which would be issued by the State government (only joshing). This would allow an audit process of what is said and what is reality cos you do not want to annoy the ATO.

The last point any person listed and employed by a club as a coach CANNOT play more than three games per year and ALL coaches must be listed on the player list provided and published by the WAFC. In addition any wife or partner employed by a club in any capacity must be employed full time so no Diesel Williams crap!

The biggest flaws for me is the under the table cash, the white goods, rent etc but that will always be the fly in the ointment.

Rip to shreds at your leisure but please try to be on topic!


Grump adding 2 or 3 points per player is not a big enough disincentive and doesn't take into account the significance of a top player moving from a bottom team to a top team. The disincentive must be draconian enough that if a top club goes down that path then that club is severely impacted by such a decision. Pac-man doesn't like my idea of it being a very high percentage of the overall points cap: that in and of itself is a glowing endorsement for that suggestion to be adopted.

The salary cap is too easily circumvented; so the points cap with higher points associated with top clubs recruiting from lower placed clubs and a tightening of when a player can be placed outside the points cap. To tighten when a player can be dropped from the points cap, there could be a provision that any player removed from a club's point cap would not be able to play in any grade for a minimum of 4 games and would be ineligible to play in the club's league team for a minimum of 8 games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If we want to change the point system then .... 1 month 1 week ago #161243

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5263
  • Thank you received: 774
4 games...8 games...what are you on Sean?...you're just making crap up as you go along. Do us all a favour and go back to talking to yourself on your Victorian election thread.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If we want to change the point system then .... 1 month 1 week ago #161244

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6550
  • Thank you received: 796

BC wrote: 4 games...8 games...what are you on Sean?...you're just making crap up as you go along. Do us all a favour and go back to talking to yourself on your Victorian election thread.[/quot

Pac-man the more abusive you are; the more glowing the endorsement that my suggestions would provide the effect that is necessary to correct the current dominance that is currently blighting the WAFL competition.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If we want to change the point system then .... 1 month 1 week ago #161245

  • alahoy
  • alahoy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Bench Warmer
  • Bench Warmer
  • Posts: 66
  • Thank you received: 23
Get rid of salary cap and points system. It hasn't worked, clubs will continue to find ways around it so stop bothering.

Also you can have the scenario where a club is forced to get rid of a loyal players because they can't fit them in anymore.

We also want to attract the BEST players to the WAFL - as many as possible - why dumb it down?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by alahoy.
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags