Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

If we want to change the point system then .... 5 years 4 months ago #161154

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
The suggestion from BC which I think is a good one is that a player going from a bottom club to a top club gets a points penalty equivalent to the relative positions of both club (I assume it is only a positive penalty not a negative for going down). Marsh would be whatever points he normally be plus 7 (bit harsh but ....) BC sorry if I have it wrong correct where necessary!

If that is the one we go with how would it work for Rohan Kerr who was at WPGOV went to ammo's and now comes to EP. Similarly what happens to a player who played colts and the moves with no league experience.

The questions are easy to answer but what works for others.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

If we want to change the point system then .... 5 years 4 months ago #161156

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Cheers Grump...yes, the idea is that if a player wants to move from a club which finished the season below the destination club, then a premium be placed on the worth of his points depending on where both clubs finished. How much the premium would be is up for debate...but by doing that it makes recruiting by clubs at the top from clubs at or near the bottom far less attractive. It would only relate to players who are tied to a club wanting to move which would include current players, those coming out of the AFL system and so on. If a player had been playing for a WAFL club but went to ammos or the country for a couple of years and was no longer on the WAFL clubs list then it shouldn't apply. I also think it should apply to all players on clubs lists as it would be easy to cherry pick the best colts if they weren't included.

If we want to change the point system then .... 5 years 4 months ago #161159

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grump wrote: The suggestion from BC which I think is a good one is that a player going from a bottom club to a top club gets a points penalty equivalent to the relative positions of both club (I assume it is only a positive penalty not a negative for going down). Marsh would be whatever points he normally be plus 7 (bit harsh but ....) BC sorry if I have it wrong correct where necessary!

If that is the one we go with how would it work for Rohan Kerr who was at WPGOV went to ammo's and now comes to EP. Similarly what happens to a player who played colts and the moves with no league experience.

Grump thanks for starting this topic. I expect there will be a robust exchange of views. The first thing is to understand why there is a points cap in the first place. It was introduced because the salary cap had failed to equalise the competition. The points cap has also failed to provide this equalisation. Therefore, there needs to be a disincentive top clubs recruiting from the weaker clubs. This principle is one that I have suggested for quite some time. For the disincentive to work then it needs to be a significant disincentive.

Further the problem is not the 8th team recruiting from the 9th team; the problem is a top club, dare one say an undefeated club that won all 3 grades' GFs, recruiting from the bottom clubs.

There also needs considerable thought regarding a player who might play ammos for 1 year to get to a top WAFL club and bypass the multiplier factor.

Last edit: by swan42.

If we want to change the point system then .... 5 years 4 months ago #161168

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote: The suggestion from BC which I think is a good one is that a player going from a bottom club to a top club gets a points penalty equivalent to the relative positions of both club (I assume it is only a positive penalty not a negative for going down). Marsh would be whatever points he normally be plus 7 (bit harsh but ....) BC sorry if I have it wrong correct where necessary!

Grump thanks for starting this topic. I expect there will be a robust exchange of views. The first thing is to understand why there is a points cap in the first place. It was introduced because the salary cap had failed to equalise the competition. The points cap has also failed to provide this equalisation. Therefore, there needs to be a disincentive top clubs recruiting from the weaker clubs. This principle is one that I have suggested for quite some time. For the disincentive to work then it needs to be a significant disincentive.

Further the problem is not the 8th team recruiting from the 9th team; the problem is a top club, dare one say an undefeated club that won all 3 grades' GFs, recruiting from the bottom clubs.

There also needs considerable thought regarding a player who might play ammos for 1 year to get to a top WAFL club and bypass the multiplier factor.

That's why the top club's premium would be 8 times higher than the 8th club.

If we want to change the point system then .... 5 years 4 months ago #161170

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
the points system isnt the issue - its the salary cap that is the issue..
how Subiaco are able to fit all their players into the salary cap is the issue, players are either playing for less than they would all get at other clubs or there is payments outside the cap that are not being monitored correctly..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

If we want to change the point system then .... 5 years 4 months ago #161171

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
the locals would play for less -- our better players are mostly locals
the mercanaries are paid
according to the PFC they offerred Clarke more

the way to fix this problem is to ban such recruitting.

If we want to change the point system then .... 5 years 4 months ago #161172

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That's why I'm suggesting changing the points system as it's transparent, everyone can see what is going on and it can't be easily rorted....clearly salary is another matter.

If we want to change the point system then .... 5 years 4 months ago #161173

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
so how do you fit more "mercanaries" into your salary cap than any other club ?
Delahunty, Kitchin, Litherland, Lockyer, Newton, Sokel would all be in the top 30 players in the comp and add in Marsh who would be likewise..
that is 7 non-locals in the top 30 in the comp playing in the same team..
its a joke that this isnt investigated properly..

there is too much Subi influence at the WAFC for the points system to be changed, that has as much chance of changing as there is of a salary cap investigation
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

If we want to change the point system then .... 5 years 4 months ago #161175

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

MarkOlsen wrote: so how do you fit more "mercanaries" into your salary cap than any other club ?
Delahunty, Kitchin, Litherland, Lockyer, Newton, Sokel would all be in the top 30 players in the comp and add in Marsh who would be likewise..
that is 7 non-locals in the top 30 in the comp playing in the same team..
its a joke that this isnt investigated properly..

there is too much Subi influence at the WAFC for the points system to be changed, that has as much chance of changing as there is of a salary cap investigation

If I knew the answer to that I'd be sitting on the Riviera sipping pina colada's rather than arguing with you clowns...and at least I'm looking for solutions rather than just pointing the finger and making unsupported insinuations against my club.

Last edit: by BC.

If we want to change the point system then .... 5 years 4 months ago #161176

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
MO go through our side for the grand final side and see if it amounts to a breach of the point system. If it does take it to the Commission. As you know, Subiaco drop players on and off the list on a weekly basis which I don't think should be allowed.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 868 guests and 3 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Demons Forever
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL