Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2019 WAFL fixtures 5 years 3 months ago #161057

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

westaussieguy wrote: If my memory serves correctly, seem to recall reading whereby the admission of the 10th team would eliminate the need for byes. Obviously been told a lie or the old eyes were deceived.
Just had a quick look and weeks 9, 10, 15 & 16 have the byes.
Looks to be a fairly even fixturing from what I saw

WAG it is even in so far as each club plays each other team twice. However, as I mentioned previously Swans and Perth play each other in rounds 3 & 8. The fixtures should have been arranged such that a club should play the same club in rounds 1 and 10; 2 and 11; 3 and 12; 4 and 13; 5 and 14; 6 and 15; 7 and 16; 8 and 17; and finally 9 and 18.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2019 WAFL fixtures 5 years 3 months ago #161063

• Mr AFL
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
There was always going to be a bye. The players want a bye during the season.

2019 WAFL fixtures 5 years 3 months ago #161064

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
When eagles getting their own site on ozfooty?

2019 WAFL fixtures 5 years 3 months ago #161066

• Demons Forever
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
They already have one.
Besides they have no supporters at WAFL level.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

2019 WAFL fixtures 5 years 3 months ago #161067

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

swan42 wrote:

chaddy22 wrote:

swan42 wrote: Just had a quick look at the fixtures.

Even though there are 10 teams and therefore no need to have byes; there are byes. So it was a lie that a 10th team would eliminate the bye.

And as a consequence of the UNNECESSARY BYES we have situations like the following:

Swans and Perth play in Rounds 3 and 8.

I also note that there are Thursday games: an absolute disgrace.

Doesn't appear to be any information about the colts and ressies.

Finally in the article about the fixtures it was suggested that the state game is likely to be played as a curtain raiser to a Victorian Parasite League game.

you don't have to be a Einstein to know that their was going to be byes especially once the wafl season went to 18 games last year.going to a 10 team comp means no team gets disadvantaged having to play a powerhouse team three times.To eliminate the two byes would mean goint to a 20 game season and we wouldn't hear the end of it from a particular few if their team had to play subi three times.Tthe state game being played before a afl game makes sense if it means that channel 7 has the resources to cover both if they want to televise it.No way would they be able to have coverage if it was played at bogandean oval.

C22 with 10 teams you play each "club" twice: 2 * 9 = 18 weeks. There is no need to have byes to ensure that each team plays each other team twice. Of course because the devil incarnate's reserves team doesn't have the normal league, reserves and colts teams. When I checked this morning there was no information about the reserves' and colts' fixtures.

So we are now starting the wafl season two weeks after the afl and if we eliminate the two byes we will then finnish 3 weeks before the afl grand final.if we elimate the state game we can finnish a month before the afl grand final.We know the reason for the byes is to align the wafl and afl seasons as best that can be done.the byes in june give both afl teams the chance to rest all the players in the one week which seems sensible.It may not be to everyone's taste but at least we don't have the ridiculous fixturing were 3-5 clubs are having a bye when the the season is actually starting.

2019 WAFL fixtures 5 years 3 months ago #161076

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

swan42 wrote:

westaussieguy wrote: If my memory serves correctly, seem to recall reading whereby the admission of the 10th team would eliminate the need for byes. Obviously been told a lie or the old eyes were deceived.

WAG it is even in so far as each club plays each other team twice. However, as I mentioned previously Swans and Perth play each other in rounds 3 & 8. The fixtures should have been arranged such that a club should play the same club in rounds 1 and 10; 2 and 11; 3 and 12; 4 and 13; 5 and 14; 6 and 15; 7 and 16; 8 and 17; and finally 9 and 18.

Subi play the fake chunder club rounds 4 & 8, yet still haven’t played West Perth to that stage.

2019 WAFL fixtures 5 years 3 months ago #161080

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Singha wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Subi play the fake chunder club rounds 4 & 8, yet still haven’t played West Perth to that stage.

Singha I didn't so a complete, in-depth analysis; so I used the Swans's example. It was the principle I was speaking to.

2019 WAFL fixtures 5 years 3 months ago #161095

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
The twenty 19 fixtures compiled by the new you beaut computer programme it's been said. Didn't read it properly until this morning.
Reading some of the previous posts of the uneven fixtures mentioned, one would be having doubts on said computer programmes ability..

2019 WAFL fixtures 5 years 3 months ago #161100

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
I think the fixtures are as good as they could have been in the circumstances. Much better than the hotch potch ones over the last 5 years.At least now everybody plays each other team twice rather than some playing 2 and others 3. The byes have to happen because otherwise if each team played only 18 games with no byes, the season would be too short and the Grand Final would be at the end of August. I think the byes would be popular with the players too especially later in the season when the bodies are getting tired.
Also there is an extra home game for every club given the Eagles will play each game away. Overall I was happy with the fixtures although its interesting that no times have been put on the games at this stage raising the possibility of twilight fixtures or other arrangements to fit in with Channel 7's coverage of the AFL. Hopefully no more 11.40 am games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by mikeh.

2019 WAFL fixtures 5 years 3 months ago #161102

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
The Wafl has never been able to do the fixtures. Why did Swans play three or four games in a row away from home in 1980? Similarly, in the same saeson, why did Subiaco, the bottom side not play the top side SD, at Subi until August. There have been many more examples over the years,

Rob Bennett wrote about it 'westside football'

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 394 guests and 7 members online

• Senior Seagull
  • Mr AFL
  • Demons Forever
  • Time For a Flag
  • Blackduck
  • Tiger Tales
  • Ti Em