Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

NicNat possibly playing at East Perth 10 years 11 months ago #13101

• Swandog
  • Swandog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Kim Hagdorn predicted this morning on 6PR that a storm was brewing with WCE trying to bend the alignment rules to suit themselves as they go along by looking to get Nic Nat playing with The Ferrals in the next couple of weeks because SD have 2 byea in a row. This would be a disgrace and I hope the WAFC don't cave in and let this happen. The Eagles made their own bed and must now lie in it, and if they become even more riddled with injuries (hopefully) I hope they are left with knowone!! Fark em!!!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NicNat possibly playing at East Perth 10 years 11 months ago #13104

• Johnno
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
That has always been allowed when there is a bye but the player has to play reserves. I agree he should NOT be allowed to play in EP's league side as that would seriously disadvantage their opponent. NicNat would dominate at WAFL level now.

Last edit: by Johnno.

NicNat possibly playing at East Perth 10 years 11 months ago #13106

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Hagdorn seems certain. Is it really any big deal after all, he and all the eagles will be dropping back to east Perth next year, otherwise he will..just have a run with the reserves...

NicNat possibly playing at East Perth 10 years 11 months ago #13110

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hagdorn was talking about League not ressies, in principle this should not be allowed to happen!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

NicNat possibly playing at East Perth 10 years 11 months ago #13113

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I dont have a problem with it..............Perth have already played EP :lol: :lol:

NicNat possibly playing at East Perth 10 years 11 months ago #13115

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Don't have a problem with him playing ressies for EP, however to allow him to play league for any team other than Swans strikes a fatal blow for the integrity of the WAFL competition. What if East Perth had had a bye this last round and the Eagles wanted to play Rosa and Wellingham in another team, who would have been that team and how would it have impacted on the game they were playing.It sets a very dangerous precedent and even though this will happen in 2014 anyway the WAFC should resist this move to at least have some semblence of a fair competition this year.

When you strip this all back it is all about the Eagles panicking because they can see their season falling away quickly, they want to rush Nic back on the weekend after next because they think he will be the Messiah,absolute BS, he has had a long lay off and he needs some time to get back into it. They are also risking a recurrence by giving him such a short lead up. You can bet if they were 4 - 1 instead of 1-4 they would be taking a more conservative approach.

How about this for a suggestion. Why don't the Eagles and Freo get together and organise a meaningless scratch match between their two WAFL minions while the state game is going on on May 11? That would give Nic a decent hit out and wouldn't impact on the real WAFL competition

Last edit: by mikeh.

NicNat possibly playing at East Perth 10 years 11 months ago #13131

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Don't have a problem with him playing ressies for EP, however to allow him to play league for any team other than Swans strikes a fatal blow for the integrity of the WAFL competition. What if East Perth had had a bye this last round and the Eagles wanted to play Rosa and Wellingham in another team, who would have been that team and how would it have impacted on the game they were playing.It sets a very dangerous precedent and even though this will happen in 2014 anyway the WAFC should resist this move to at least have some semblence of a fair competition this year.

When you strip this all back it is all about the Eagles panicking because they can see their season falling away quickly, they want to rush Nic back on the weekend after next because they think he will be the Messiah,absolute BS, he has had a long lay off and he needs some time to get back into it. They are also risking a recurrence by giving him such a short lead up. You can bet if they were 4 - 1 instead of 1-4 they would be taking a more conservative approach.

How about this for a suggestion. Why don't the Eagles and Freo get together and organise a meaningless scratch match between their two WAFL minions while the state game is going on on May 11? That would give Nic a decent hit out and wouldn't impact on the real WAFL competition

Thats a good idea Mike regarding East Perth and Peel playing a scratchie on the state game weekend

NicNat possibly playing at East Perth 10 years 11 months ago #13137

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

mikeh wrote: Don't have a problem with him playing ressies for EP, however to allow him to play league for any team other than Swans strikes a fatal blow for the integrity of the WAFL competition. What if East Perth had had a bye this last round and the Eagles wanted to play Rosa and Wellingham in another team, who would have been that team and how would it have impacted on the game they were playing.It sets a very dangerous precedent and even though this will happen in 2014 anyway the WAFC should resist this move to at least have some semblence of a fair competition this year.

Thing is the bloke wont be a super star after so long out, will struggle for a few weeks back at AFL.

WCE have a soft run coming up and should notch up a few wins, but I reckon their season is shot, you're right they have hit the panic button but the horse has bolted, they need a top two finish to be a real premiership threat, or at the very least a top four finish, Essendon, Collingwood, Geelong and Sydney and now maybe Port have the pretty much locked in now.

I really dont have a problem with him playing for EP and they are playing my mob, who are also stuffed for the season, your right about the integrity of the comp being compromised, that happened last year when the WAFL caved in on the host club deal, the comp has no intergrity anymore and is just a play thing for the AFLers, next year the WAFL as a realistic genuine comp will end in full.

Last edit: by Bazza.

NicNat possibly playing at East Perth 10 years 11 months ago #13142

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
As footy clubs I think we need to get over it and plan for the future.

Sharrod Wellingham (ex Perth) played for EP against us as did Matt Rosa they both racked up nearly 30 possessions each and we still beat them convincingly.

EP also have Paul Johnson & Lycette as well as Smith up forward (although I am not too sure about Smith being the worry he used to be).

Not as easy as you think from a team balance point of view.

Nic & Lycette must play, what do they do drop Johnson?

Next year the alignment is in full swing the sooner we find ways of overcoming it the better.

Enjoy the challenge.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

NicNat possibly playing at East Perth 10 years 11 months ago #13156

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Demons Forever wrote: As footy clubs I think we need to get over it and plan for the future.

Sharrod Wellingham (ex Perth) played for EP against us as did Matt Rosa they both racked up nearly 30 possessions each and we still beat them convincingly.

EP also have Paul Johnson & Lycette as well as Smith up forward (although I am not too sure about Smith being the worry he used to be).

Not as easy as you think from a team balance point of view.

Nic & Lycette must play, what do they do drop Johnson?

Next year the alignment is in full swing the sooner we find ways of overcoming it the better.

Enjoy the challenge.

Yeah exactly might as well just get used to it, really what diff does half a season make - next year it will happen so whats the big deal.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 583 guests and 3 members online

• screemar
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes