Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158416

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
jeez...with all this caps lock stuff for a moment there I thought Grassy had been given a reprieve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158420

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
I’m at the stage of not reading a lot of Sean’s posts. Endless negativity bores me. Poor bugger has nothing positive in his life.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158425

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924

BC wrote: jeez...with all this caps lock stuff for a moment there I thought Grassy had been given a reprieve.

Atleast Grassy's posts were funny BC......

42......it's always interesting to hear someone say "you don't care", because you don't act in the same way as them......it is as if they truly think their view is the only one on offer......or worth considering....

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158428

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

swan42 wrote: The WAFL is dead.

You seem to have a fascination with death Swan42. You're not an undertaker are you?
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158441

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

Freezin wrote:

BC wrote: jeez...with all this caps lock stuff for a moment there I thought Grassy had been given a reprieve.

Atleast Grassy's posts were funny BC......

42......it's always interesting to hear someone say "you don't care", because you don't act in the same way as them......it is as if they truly think their view is the only one on offer......or worth considering....

HEAR, HEAR.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158442

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY BC?

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158443

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

58shark wrote: I’m at the stage of not reading a lot of Sean’s posts. Endless negativity bores me. Poor bugger has nothing positive in his life.

We all know the entire systems rooted, the thing is we need to find a way forward, I'm prepared to embrace some major change for the sake of a strong independent WAFL comp , but some people just keep wanting to live in 1980 thinking things can some how stay the same.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158583

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Quite contrary to the opinion of the author Swan42 I think there could be a bit of a renaissance of interest in the WAFL next year with potentially a perfect storm brewing. Here are a few key reasons to support that theory.

1. East Perth are back (no longer aligned with the Eagles). There traditional supporters will come back in droves draped in dreary black and blue.
2. No more bloody byes.
3. I actually believe the Eagles having a stand alone team will provide a bit of interest though are they actually going to have any support at games?
4. Subiaco could begin to come back to the pack for a number of reasons including the end of the money stream that made them the dominant force in the WAFL, new rookie coach, potential player losses.
5. Fascinating turn of events in the coaching ranks that has seen former WP coach Bill Monaghan take the reigns at EF while EF applicant take the WP job.
6. Can things finally fall into place for Perth in 2019 and see us end a long and painful drought and play finals?
Get on your bike.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158585

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

DD wrote: Quite contrary to the opinion of the author Swan42 I think there could be a bit of a renaissance of interest in the WAFL next year with potentially a perfect storm brewing. Here are a few key reasons to support that theory.

1. East Perth are back (no longer aligned with the Eagles). There traditional supporters will come back in droves draped in dreary black and blue.
2. No more bloody byes.
3. I actually believe the Eagles having a stand alone team will provide a bit of interest though are they actually going to have any support at games?
4. Subiaco could begin to come back to the pack for a number of reasons including the end of the money stream that made them the dominant force in the WAFL, new rookie coach, potential player losses.
5. Fascinating turn of events in the coaching ranks that has seen former WP coach Bill Monaghan take the reigns at EF while EF applicant take the WP job.
6. Can things finally fall into place for Perth in 2019 and see us end a long and painful drought and play finals?

point 2.their unfortunately will still be byes.Yes we will have a ten team competition but like last year we will have a 18 round competition which will start later and like south Australia we will have certain rounds with only 4 games and two teams having a bye so that they can stretch out the wafl to overlap the afl finals .What will be different is that all teams will only play each other twice which will be fairer.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 5 years 6 months ago #158586

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

chaddy22 wrote:

DD wrote: Quite contrary to the opinion of the author Swan42 I think there could be a bit of a renaissance of interest in the WAFL next year with potentially a perfect storm brewing. Here are a few key reasons to support that theory.

2. No more bloody byes.

point 2.their unfortunately will still be byes.Yes we will have a ten team competition but like last year we will have a 18 round competition which will start later and like south Australia we will have certain rounds with only 4 games and two teams having a bye so that they can stretch out the wafl to overlap the afl finals .What will be different is that all teams will only play each other twice which will be fairer.

Yep true Chaddy and maybe a state game in there somewhere but as you say much fairer fixturing with everyone playing each other twice (home and away). There has been some ridiculous fixturing the last 5 years or so since the alignments. Last year Perth played Swans twice at Bassendean Oval in the space of 4 weeks.
Get on your bike.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 548 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog