OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 260 guests and one member online

  • Demons Forever

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Wanneroo Amateur Football Club
  • Royalty
  • WCE1987
  • royallucky
  • oldcol
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
11 Nov 2018
Memories From Yesteryear..Bob Coleman(Perth)

TOPIC: VALE the WAFL 1885-2018

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 1 month 3 days ago #158384

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739

Grump wrote: It is only dead to you if that is your want and sobeit for you, I think teams like Swans, Soufs, the whittakers timber yard will continue for a long time yet.

It may not be in a format that you, we or some agree but I reckon it will last for a while yet.


Grump please explain a competition that does not have colts that don't play on the same ground as the league and where there is no reserves' competition has any vague similarity to what was the WAFL competition.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 1 month 3 days ago #158391

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7182
  • Thank you received: 626
I agree with other, the WAFL, died in 1987 , tbh it started a bit before that...
It was in a critical condition , but as one other poster said the last rites got administered in the 90s with the advent of the dockers peel et al

We now need to accept a new model for survival.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 1 month 3 days ago #158393

  • Freezin
  • Freezin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5851
  • Thank you received: 419
Considering Grump actually contributes to the WAFL with his work with the youngsters at EP and says the WAFL ain't dead, just changing or adapting to what ever lies ahead in the future......good or bad that maybe.....atleast he is prepared to stay involved.....good on Grump...as for this topic....same old same old...one person's perception come end of the day....time for OFA to put this boring rehash to bed....it's boring as fark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 1 month 3 days ago #158394

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739

Freezin wrote: Considering Grump actually contributes to the WAFL with his work with the youngsters at EP and says the WAFL ain't dead, just changing or adapting to what ever lies ahead in the future......good or bad that maybe.....atleast he is prepared to stay involved.....good on Grump...as for this topic....same old same old...one person's perception come end of the day....time for OFA to put this boring rehash to bed....it's boring as fark


Freezin ABSOLUTELY NO-ONE COMPELLED YOU TO EITHER READ OR COMMENT ON THIS TOPIC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 1 month 3 days ago #158396

  • Grump
  • Grump's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1588
  • Thank you received: 130

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote: It is only dead to you if that is your want and sobeit for you, I think teams like Swans, Soufs, the whittakers timber yard will continue for a long time yet.

It may not be in a format that you, we or some agree but I reckon it will last for a while yet.


Grump please explain a competition that does not have colts that don't play on the same ground as the league and where there is no reserves' competition has any vague similarity to what was the WAFL competition.


Swan the changes are no different to the thirds and fourths going and being replaced by the development process, which at the time was not seen as a positive, the reserves has not changed as far as I known or have been told. The change in the colts formatting is not for every game, as far as the PP have been told, just that there will be more so called super rounds so the scouts etc can watch more games.

I think that the similarity is still there just being tinkered with, I respect your opinion (always have and wlil but mine is different).

A for the comment abt me still being involved from Freezin, that stopped this year, my involvement is with the PP Assoc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 1 month 3 days ago #158399

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5030
  • Thank you received: 710

swan42 wrote:

Freezin wrote: Considering Grump actually contributes to the WAFL with his work with the youngsters at EP and says the WAFL ain't dead, just changing or adapting to what ever lies ahead in the future......good or bad that maybe.....atleast he is prepared to stay involved.....good on Grump...as for this topic....same old same old...one person's perception come end of the day....time for OFA to put this boring rehash to bed....it's boring as fark


Freezin ABSOLUTELY NO-ONE COMPELLED YOU TO EITHER READ OR COMMENT ON THIS TOPIC.


Freez...I think that's very good advice from Sean. I stopped reading his stuff ages ago as it's always the same negative crap with a common single thread about how the WAFL is on it's deathbed due to the alignment, ressies getting the flick, colts taken over by the AFL, the dominance of Subi, the WAFC....you name it, he's against it. I'm not sure what he's trying to achieve but good luck to him anyway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 1 month 3 days ago #158400

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739

Grump wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Grump wrote: It is only dead to you if that is your want and sobeit for you, I think teams like Swans, Soufs, the whittakers timber yard will continue for a long time yet.

It may not be in a format that you, we or some agree but I reckon it will last for a while yet.


Grump please explain a competition that does not have colts that don't play on the same ground as the league and where there is no reserves' competition has any vague similarity to what was the WAFL competition.


Swan the changes are no different to the thirds and fourths going and being replaced by the development process, which at the time was not seen as a positive, the reserves has not changed as far as I known or have been told. The change in the colts formatting is not for every game, as far as the PP have been told, just that there will be more so called super rounds so the scouts etc can watch more games.

I think that the similarity is still there just being tinkered with, I respect your opinion (always have and wlil but mine is different).

A for the comment abt me still being involved from Freezin, that stopped this year, my involvement is with the PP Assoc.


Grump thanks for your response: it is good to be able to have a discussion without the resorting to personal abuse. I may be slightly out in my timing of when the reserves will be axed; but I can't see it continuing beyond 2020. Similarly it is only a matter of time before there is nothing other than a tenuous link between the WAFL league teams and the colts' teams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 1 month 3 days ago #158405

  • Freezin
  • Freezin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5851
  • Thank you received: 419
Pretty sure Grump your involvement is more tangible than 42's......as you say things are getting tinkered with....not necessarily for the better for the traditionalists....but hey an existing comp is better than a non existing one.....just don't see the point in kicking a dying a dog.....42...I know you love your WAFL mate.....just stop being so negative about it all the time...and TBH if it was SD in Subi's shoes, you wouldn't be even be raising this sort of thread....and if you still reckon you would, then you would be considered a condescending fella instead of a for ever moaning one.....and easy on the caps mate.....was never a good look when grassy used them

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 1 month 3 days ago #158408

  • ooollllrrrrrry2
  • ooollllrrrrrry2's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 372
  • Thank you received: 61

Freezin wrote: Pretty sure Grump your involvement is more tangible than 42's......as you say things are getting tinkered with....not necessarily for the better for the traditionalists....but hey an existing comp is better than a non existing one.....just don't see the point in kicking a dying a dog.....42...I know you love your WAFL mate.....just stop being so negative about it all the time...and TBH if it was SD in Subi's shoes, you wouldn't be even be raising this sort of thread....and if you still reckon you would, then you would be considered a condescending fella instead of a for ever moaning one.....and easy on the capitals mate....I like you am able to make or pass comment on what ever I fancy......


Other than when used to ensure the appropriate grammar is being articulated, I'm always bemused at the use of capitals to emphasize one's point. It suggests a lack of confidence in an argument, or perhaps it just suggests plain grumpiness and a general lack of satisfaction overall.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

VALE the WAFL 1885-2018 1 month 3 days ago #158409

  • swan42
  • swan42's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6317
  • Thank you received: 739

Freezin wrote: Pretty sure Grump your involvement is more tangible than 42's......as you say things are getting tinkered with....not necessarily for the better for the traditionalists....but hey an existing comp is better than a non existing one.....just don't see the point in kicking a dying a dog.....42...I know you love your WAFL mate.....just stop being so negative about it all the time...and TBH if it was SD in Subi's shoes, you wouldn't be even be raising this sort of thread....and if you still reckon you would, then you would be considered a condescending fella instead of a for ever moaning one.....and easy on the capitals mate....I like you am able to make or pass comment on what ever I fancy......


Freezin just because you don't care about the integrity of the WAFL and its future doesn't mean other people don't care. I have posted an official Swans's response to the reputed "unanimous" support to the decision to let the Eagles have a team in the WAFL. It is irreconcilable the comment that it was unanimous with Swans's statement. We have LIE after LIE from the formation of the Eagles. As a sweetener it was intimated that the Eagles' team would play all its games at the home ground of their opposition. It now comes out that this was just another LIE.

As for your assertion I would be happy for Swans to be in Subi's shoes, you could not be more wrong. What I wanted (NOTE THE TENSE) was for decisions to be made that would ensure the long term viability of the WAFL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags