OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 394 guests and one member online

  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

  • Wanneroo Amateur Football Club
  • Royalty
  • WCE1987
  • royallucky
  • oldcol
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
11 Nov 2018
Memories From Yesteryear..Bob Coleman(Perth)

TOPIC: Biggest coaching challenge in the WAFL for 2019

Biggest coaching challenge in the WAFL for 2019 1 month 3 days ago #158377

  • westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2449
  • Thank you received: 185

Grump wrote: I would have thought Barnard has a task in front of him trying not only to bring the club back together on the field but also off it but that is just my opinion

Perhaps that could be a separate topic on it's own. Obviously it's the board that put the club in such a position initially. The rebuild is going to be huge. Also what about all the ex players, members, supporters and Wafl fans that have drifted away from said club? Will they be happy to come back? Or will there forever be trust issues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Biggest coaching challenge in the WAFL for 2019 1 month 3 days ago #158378

  • westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2449
  • Thank you received: 185

BC wrote: sounds to me based on comments so far the only bloke with an arm chair ride is Curley at Souths. ;-)


Souths and Curley seem a stable unit. Clearly the second best league team this season. Although the Preliminary Final result would seem otherwise. Far as I'm aware Curley is staying where he is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Biggest coaching challenge in the WAFL for 2019 1 month 3 days ago #158382

  • BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5030
  • Thank you received: 710
Good question wag. Sell yourselves once and you can probably be forgiven if it was for the right reasons.,,,do it twice and there'll always be that lingering doubt that when times get tough, the board will do whatever it takes to keep afloat even if it means taking the easy way out and selling your soul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Biggest coaching challenge in the WAFL for 2019 1 month 3 days ago #158397

  • Grump
  • Grump's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1588
  • Thank you received: 130

westaussieguy wrote:

Grump wrote: I would have thought Barnard has a task in front of him trying not only to bring the club back together on the field but also off it but that is just my opinion

Perhaps that could be a separate topic on it's own. Obviously it's the board that put the club in such a position initially. The rebuild is going to be huge. Also what about all the ex players, members, supporters and Wafl fans that have drifted away from said club? Will they be happy to come back? Or will there forever be trust issues?


WAG I thought my post answered the question but oh well, if others want to take elsewhere tht is an issue with them

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Biggest coaching challenge in the WAFL for 2019 1 month 3 days ago #158398

  • Grump
  • Grump's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1588
  • Thank you received: 130

chaddy22 wrote:

Grump wrote: I would have thought Barnard has a task in front of him trying not only to bring the club back together on the field but also off it but that is just my opinion


Grump did you hear the interview on sports fm the other day.I am not sure if you will be happy with what some things he said.Mentioned he was hoping to lure back some players to the club who may have left during the alignment.I suspect those who went to ammmos or bush as the only good ones won't move back.he also indicated that maybe one of our neighbours might be a good place to look at recruits.Won't be bringing any assistant coaches but wants committed people.Mentioned some of his assistant coaches included a barrister a student and others in small business.The good thing is he has a good grounding in coaching and should be able to get the best of the players in what will be a challenging year.Hopefully a few good players from the country try out now that list cloggers are gone.

This is not on topic!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Biggest coaching challenge in the WAFL for 2019 1 month 3 days ago #158410

  • ooollllrrrrrry2
  • ooollllrrrrrry2's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Weekly Starter
  • Weekly Starter
  • Posts: 372
  • Thank you received: 61
You could mount a range of arguments for a few, in particular with all of the circumstances in how Vallentine ended up at West Perth and the knock on effect.

However, as was stated earlier with Perth's record it does for mine rate as the biggest challenge for a coach. Imagine if Spalding lifted the cup in 2019, that would be as big as climbing Everest for the Demons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stand the Test

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Biggest coaching challenge in the WAFL for 2019 1 month 3 days ago #158412

  • 58shark
  • 58shark's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3013
  • Thank you received: 258
Good subject BC. I really don’t think you need to worry about Subi and I’m not trying to be a smart arse. I think teams like Souths and Perth are so close, but just need a little something. Swans have the same job ahead of them as all the other mid range teams. I think the hardest job is a toss up between EF and WP. I would lean towards WP as they have a coach that may well be good at coaching kids, but how will he go on a bigger stage? Plus we can’t forget their internal problems. At least the Sharks have a good list on paper with some good ones coming through and have a proven coach.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Biggest coaching challenge in the WAFL for 2019 1 month 3 days ago #158444

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7182
  • Thank you received: 626
Its clearly Bill at EFFC,,,,thats a job and a half.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Biggest coaching challenge in the WAFL for 2019 1 month 3 days ago #158446

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7182
  • Thank you received: 626

58shark wrote: Good subject BC. I really don’t think you need to worry about Subi and I’m not trying to be a smart arse. I think teams like Souths and Perth are so close, but just need a little something. Swans have the same job ahead of them as all the other mid range teams. I think the hardest job is a toss up between EF and WP. I would lean towards WP as they have a coach that may well be good at coaching kids, but how will he go on a bigger stage? Plus we can’t forget their internal problems. At least the Sharks have a good list on paper with some good ones coming through and have a proven coach.


South have lost some big names, Hams Cook and Hockey could be more, Im expecting a step back next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Biggest coaching challenge in the WAFL for 2019 1 month 3 days ago #158447

  • Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7182
  • Thank you received: 626

Dwert wrote:

BC wrote: sounds to me based on comments so far the only bloke with an arm chair ride is Curley at Souths. ;-)


Armchair ride? Failed to progress past Preliminary Final , 3 consecutive years??


Yep ....I reckon next year will be his last, and I'm expecting us to struggle a bit...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags